The Superlatives are an excellent 3-piece band that can deliver exactly what you require for your event. Professional, reliable and friendly, The Superlatives will have all your guests up dancing, making your day/night special and unforgettable.
Having over 20 years experience of playing, The Superlatives combine all their experiences to deliver performances, which will get your crowd going and dancing the night away. Combining drums, bass and guitar, with all members singing and combining to produce amazing three-part harmonies, The Superlatives make a full sound which complements any genre covered. Playing over 40 weddings a year, The Superlatives know how to get a party started, and more importantly, keep it going for as long as you desire!
As our expansive list of songs shows, we cover all genres and styles, from many decades including 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 2000s; The Superlatives perform classics from The Beatles, Queen, David Bowie and many more. They also bring ...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Superlatives are an excellent 3-piece band that can deliver exactly what you require for your event. Professional, reliable and friendly, The Superlatives will have all your guests up dancing, making your day/night special and unforgettable
- What are the highlights of your career?The Superlatives are vastly experienced musicians, with CV’s which show their vast playing career to date. Ben (Singer/Bass) has been performing as a solo artist and alongside artists such as Tommy Emmanuel, Mick Fleetwood’s Blues Band, Dave McCabe and The Zutons, Mel C and Paolo Nutini to name a few. He has also even performed ‘Yesterday’ with Sir Paul McCartney! Ben is also a prolific songwriter, working with various artists, producing a series of pop singles with consistent radio play and awarded ‘best of the week’ status on Apple Music. Wayne (Singer/Guitar) studied at Leeds College of Music and has been performing for over 20 years, performing every style of music imaginable. His music career has seen him touring with Blues Brothers in America and Africa, working in pit bands for theatre shows up and down the UK, and performing over 50-60 wedding gigs per year for the last 10 years. Nick (Singer/Drums) has toured worldwide supporting bands such as The Killers, The Who, Kings of Leon, James, Motley Crue, Razorlight and Kasabian to name a few. Nick has played with a whole range of artists, including Miles Kane, Glasvegas, Richard Hawley, Violent Femmes and various others and from 2007 to 2017, was the drummer for Echo & The Bunnymen, fulfilling all worldwide touring commitments, major festival appearances such as Glastonbury, V Festival, Benicassim Reading/Leeds and Coachella to name a few, and has appeared on Television shows such as Jools Holland, David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Song Requests – Add £0 – The band is more than happy to learn and perform requests (e.g. first dance), subject to suitability. Acoustic background music – Add £175 – Quieter chilled sets by the band, ideal for your drinks reception or meals. Add Guitar – Add £250 – For a bigger sound! Add Keyboards – Add £250 – Piano and synths added for a fuller sound, to increase options for song choices DJ Service – Add £0 Upbeat, mainstream pop music from all eras, run from a laptop equipped with virtual DJ software. Requests taken and microphones available for announcements
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Private Parties, Corporate Events.
- Who are your previous clients?Varied events, from performing corporate events for companies such as HSBC Bank, Liverpool Football Club, John Lewis and the BBC, to weddings for public figures...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer or Cash on day.
- How long do you play for?Performance Duration: 3 x 40 minutes or 2 x 60 minute sets (Can be changed to fit in with your plan for the event)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Lighting & PA: Included in price
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?12ft x 12ft stage, with 3 double socket points.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Song Requests – Add £0 – The band is more than happy to learn and perform requests (e.g. first dance), subject to suitability.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If performance has 3 sets, we will usually take 20 minute breaks between each set. Same for if the performance has 2 sets.
- What style of music do you offer?As our expansive list of songs shows, we cover all genres and styles, from many decades including 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 2000s; The Superlatives perform classics from The Beatles, Queen, David Bowie and many more. They also bring modern day floor fillers such as Ed Sheeran, Avicci, George Ezra and many more.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Of course, as long as we have enough notice to learn the parts.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes.
The Superlatives Set List 2019
• Aerosmith – Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
• American Authors – Best Day Of My Life
• Arctic Monkeys – I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
• Avicci – Wake ...