The Shellfish Pig is an award winning vibrant, self contained streetfood van based in Penryn, Cornwall. We serve a tasty menu inspired by sustainable Cornish seafood, free range Cornish pork and seasonal, locally sourced produce; some of which we grow ourselves in our allotments. We believe in using the finest Cornish ingredients, supporting amazing growers and suppliers and producing unique, interesting and exciting dishes which taste fantastic. We want to raise the profile of streetfood in our county and we serve our food at festivals, events, private parties, weddings and corporate events across the South West.
WINNER: 2017 Food Magazine Awards - Best Streetfood!
Nick Archer• Aug. 29, 2017
"Wonderful friendly professional people with incredible food. They were happy to adapt their menu for us and couldnt have been more lovely. So many compliments from wedding guests too. Probably the best street food Ive ever had. Such high quality ingredients and it looked amazing too. Thanks again guys. William, Groom.
Review Taken from The Shellfish Pig Facebook Page."
Nick Archer• July 18, 2017
"Thank you so much for everything you did for us at the wedding. We had nothing but endless compliments about the quality of the food and the friendly service you both provided. The leftovers the next day were all eaten up as well by lots of very happy family members.
The food really was amazing and we could not recommend you guys highly enough to anyone. Steve, Groom.
Review take from The Shellfish Pig's Facebook Page."
Nick Archer• June 13, 2017
"Nick and Nikki sell the most amazing food in a sturdy cardboard box, with wooden cutlery. The pulled pig and crackling was out of this world, as was the halloumi I with tarragon mushrooms, served in a freshly buttered bun, with delicious salad and sweet potato chips. Delicious from beginning to end, what a gastronomic treat! Food from Shellfish Pigs, yes please! Please, Sir, may I have some more? Susan, Guest at event.
Review taken from The Shellfish Pigs Facebook Page"
Nick Archer• Aug. 17, 2016
"Every single person thought their food from Shellfish Pig was excellent and we had some real connoisseur foodies in our party! Thank you to Nick and Nicky. You were both so accommodating and we loved meeting you and so enjoyed the entire menu! Annie, event organiser
Review taken from The Shellfish Pig's Facebook Page"
- What services do you offer?We offer a range of delicious and exciting streetfood style dishes served form our self contained streetfood van, The Shellfish Pig. We guarantee great customer service and can provide catering for festivals, weddings, corporate events, private parties, dinner parties, buffets, site/location film catering etc.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?We are fully mobile and happy to travel anywhere in our "trusty" old van!
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?We cook and serve from within our van and have a full kitchen fitted into it. We have a seperate prep kitchen which enables us to bring much of our food ready to cook to the van. We can also set up a larger kitchen behind our van for bigger events/festivals etc which enables us to serve bigger numbers etc.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?We are very happy to be flexible and will always try to give you what you want, we have a great list of our dishes on our website and social media pages but if nothing takes your fancy (we think it might!) then just let us know and we can work together to produce the menu you want!
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?We call it "Cornish Streetfood" as our dishes are influenced by our travels and loves from all over the world, but we use great Cornish produce to make them all.
- What is included in the menu?We serve a menu inspired by free range Cornish pork (we use mainly British Saddlebacks, always from the amazing Primrose Herd!), sustainable Cornish shellfish (and fish!) and seasonal, locally sourced produce, some fo which we grow in our own allotments! As such our menu is totally flexible but some of our favourites are Spicy Crab Tacos, Slow Braised Pig Cheeks, Scallipops and our legendary Smoked Pulled Pork!
A brief sample of some of our dishes which are all served with delicious sides and extra bits and pieces, please take a look at our website and social media for more of our menu options.
Spicy Crab Tacos
Slow Cooked Smoked Pulled Pork
Slow Braised Honey, Chilli & Orange Pig Cheeks
Thai Green Monkfish Curry
Seared Chorizo Sausage
We often work with our clients to produce bespoke menus!