Young and vibrant, The Lady Godivas are an all-female classical and electric string quartet. Professionally trained at the top conservatoires in the world, the girls deliver a classy, sophisticated performance – with a cheeky sense of humour! They love to engage audiences large and small with a tongue-in-cheek take on the light classics cleverly put together into an accoustic show, while their electric show weaves through the sounds of tango, film music and iconic pop tunes. With music ranging from Bach to Lady Gaga, musical taste buds are bound to be titillated.
They thrive at showing off their brilliant skills, whether that be at a private party, wedding or a corporate function, always with a cheeky smile and a dance in their step.
Their varied experiece ranges from playing at the famous 'Home House' club to St James' Palace!
Most recently they collaborated with the exciting new band Kodaline!
The Lady Godivas Testimonials:
“Thank you for the performance last nig...
Belinda Gray• 14 Jun 2019
We hired a trio of players for a stylish art and sculpture private view in a stately home - the girls were elegant and played beautifully encapsulating a wonderful atmosphere. They were highly professional and efficient to liase with and would highly recommend and definitely book again .
Perry Gale• 15 Jun 2019
Thoroughly professional and highly entertaining. Our guests left happy and uplifted. Thank you
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Lady Godivas is a sophisticated, versatile and hugely experienced string group, which prides itself in delivering a personalised and truly special musical experience for you and your guests ! We love to play your all time favourite music and can also perform as a quartet, trio, duo or even solo, to suit all styles and requirements.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing in Cannes for Goldie Horn and recording with artists such as Kodaline and Emeli Sandre.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The Lady Godivas have a huge amount of experience in playing for many different types events and pride ourselves on providing the most professional, reliable and outstanding service.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, corporate functions, session work.
- Who are your previous clients?Rolls Royce, Towe of London, Patek Phillip, The Wallace Collection, Royal Academy of Art, Home House, Anabells and Sketch, to name but a few.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Pay in full by bank transfer one week before event. No deposit taken beforehand.
- How long do you play for?We most often are booked to play for 2x45 minute sets or for a wedding ceremony plus 2x45 mins during drinks reception. However, we are very flexible, so if you’d like something different, please asks
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we have our own PA, suitable for up to 120 guests.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we all have Public Liablity Insurance and our equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?We need roughly 3 x 3 meters. If we are booked to perform our electric show, however, we need a much larger space, in order to do choreography, such as 6x8 meters.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will do our utmost to find an existing arrangement of your favorite tune at no extra cost. If that is not possible, then we can arrange it especially for you for a fee of £50 per song.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take a 15 minute break every hour.
Ave Maria, Gounod
Ave Maria, Schubert
Ave Verum Corpus, Mozart
Brandenburg Concerto No 3, Bach