The Jelly Roll Jazz Band are a lively and dynamic traditional jazz band, originally based in the North East of England but now working regularly across the country. They have a diverse repertoire, ranging from New Orleans standards like ‘Bourbon Street Parade’ through to Disney classics such as ‘The Bare Necessities’, via some less conventional tunes – anyone fancy a jazz version of ‘...Baby One More Time’? Whatever the occasion, the band are certain to bring smiles to faces and help the event go with a swing.
They usually play as a trio, and can easily adapt their instrumentation depending on a client’s needs and the availability of the musicians. Furthermore, they are able to play completely acoustically, making them ideal for outdoor events.
They perform regularly at everything from wedding receptions to birthday parties to exhibition openings. Recent engagements have included playing for the Royal Bath & West Show, the Tour de Yorkshire, and the ‘Monday Menu with Music’ at Sc...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually we perform for 2 hours, with a 15-minute break in the middle. However, we are very flexible with timings and happy to fit our sets around the structure of your event.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Certainly. Let us know in advance if you have any special requests and we'll arrange them specially to be included in our performance.
- How much space do you require?We are a very compact band, capable of squeezing into tight spaces. We only need enough space for the three of us, our instruments, and a music stand.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We can provide public liability insurance if required. We do not use any electronics, so PAT testing is unnecessary.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No. We usually perform acoustically in well-lit environments.
- How long do you play for?We usually perform for 2 hours, with a break in between.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash Cheque Bank transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Weird Fish (Scarborough high street branch) Royal Bath & West Show Scarborough Spa Complex (restaurant) Scarborough Borough Council (for the Tour de Yorkshire)
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding receptions Birthday parties Restaurant background music Agricultural shows Festivals and fayres Funerals
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We play completely acoustically, meaning: We don't need a power supply. We can perform outdoors. We can walk around whilst playing.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing on top of a tank at the Royal Bath & West Show 2018.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A traditional ('Dixieland') jazz trio, playing a mixture of 1920s jazz standards, classic swing tunes and more modern songs in a trad. jazz style.
The band has a wide repertoire containing around 100 songs from the past 120 years. These include:
Bill Bailey (Won’t You Come Home)
I Wan’na Be Like You
My Heart Will Go On