Looking for a covers band for your wedding/event, but you're a little bit too rock'n'roll to settle for the average wedding band ? We're here for you!
The Fabulators combine faultless professionalism and attention to detail with the power, passion and grit you'd expect from your favourite rock, indie or pop-punk outfit.
The band formed around 2011 in Buckinghamshire, where we’re still based. We cover a wide range of artists from Amy Winehouse to Blink 182, The Killers, The B52's , Red Hot Chilli Peppers and many more, with the emphasis on danceable rock and indie crowd pleasers. If you "get" our collective take on how a party should sound - trust us - we'll deliver a set that will put smiles on faces and feet on the dance floor! Will and Callum share frontman duties, bringing variety and dynamism to every show, with Elliot Smith providing superb bass and backing vocals, while the blur of flailing arms and legs at the back that is Josh Green holds it all together for us on drums. As a four piece band combining an amazing rhythm section with two great guitarists, and three distinctive and charismatic vocalists, we can perform your favourite anthems with breathtaking accuracy and energy.
The Fabulators are very much a BAND in the true sense of the word, and the resulting chemistry on stage makes the whole audience feel they're part of something special. A Fabs gig is more like seeing an indie/rock band with the best back catalogue in the world than seeing your average covers band.
For more intimate occasions Will and Callum are also available as an acoustic duo, bringing an energy and passion to the format rarely seen elsewhere!
We've played weddings, parties of every kind, festivals, award shows, car shows and even one funeral. From big stages supporting Toploader and Scouting for Girls, to broom cupboards, fields in the middle of nowhere, and at least one hospital for the criminally insane (yes really!).
We offer a professional service to our clients, and deliver an exhilarating, and uplifting experience to them and their guests!
Full P.A. and stage lighting provided as well as D.J. service before/between sets by arrangement. We hold public liability insurance up to 5 million, and use only the highest quality, pat tested equipment.
Please check out the technical info, price guides, et.c. on our listing as there's lots of useful information there!
Depending on availability and budget, we are prepared to play anywhere in the u.k, or internationally.
Please note, The Fabulators will not perform at venues with noise limiters installed. We do not play loud for the sake of loud....but whatever the venue tells you (and they will), a venue with a decibel limit is not suitable for live music of the genres we play.
Poppy• Sept. 29, 2018
"I would like to give a MASSIVE thank you to ‘The Fabulators’ who came and performed at ‘The Bell Hotel’ Winslow on Saturday 29th of September 2018 for our Charity Ox Roast Event.
A Fantastic afternoon had by all, with amazing renditions of everyone’s favourite songs!
Old and young alike up on the dance floor enjoying the FANTASTIC performance.
We look forward to hopefully having them back to perform in the future."
Helen Wood• Sept. 29, 2018
"“I cannot explain how amazing The Fabulators are. We booked the band for our wedding and they did not disappoint. We have had incredible feedback from our guests, some of who asked for their details so they could book them for other events they are planning themselves.
We left Will and the rest of the band to choose the songs to cover, I trusted that they knew how to work the dance floor and I was right, they killed it! The energy that was coming off all the band members was incredible, they made a special day even better, our guests were in awe.
I highly recommend The Fabulators – you don’t need to look elsewhere; these guys are the best you’ll find!”"
Chris Vernon• July 14, 2018
"“We booked the Fabulators for our marquee garden party after seeing their showcase You Tube video...the communication and organisation from start to finish was excellent , with a friendly easy going vibe ! The guys arrived in good time even after travelling a fair distance.
And then the band struck up with an awesome blend of classic modern anthems, it wasn’t long before the dance floor was buzzing !
Than you to the Fabulators, you totally made our party ! “
All the best and really hope to see you all again in the future ,
Love from Chris and Jo"
Mel Hughes• May 6, 2017
I just wanted to say, you did a cracking job at the ball the other night. My wife and I had a great evening (and I feel certain everyone else did too), I felt your band created a sound worthy of a much larger group and were very together (and you seemed to be having great fun!). Testament to your set was everyone fighting for space on the dance floor too. Well done to you and the team!
M.H. Spring Ball attendee May 2017."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a four piece professional rock/pop covers band.
- What are the highlights of your career?Every performance is a highlight for us, and hopefully for our clients, but we've particularly playing summer festivals, as supporting bands like Toploader and Scouting for Girls.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?In addition to the musical virtuosity of our members, we have two front men sharing guitar and lead vocals, making for a more dynamic and varied performance than traditional formats allow. We are a band in which every member truly PERFORMS...you won't catch a Fabulator reading off an ipad as he plays.....
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have played in fields, broom cupboards, churches and stately homes, at everything from weddings and funerals to car rallys and festivals!
- Who are your previous clients?We have played for a wide variety of clients, from headlining festivals for local charities to private wedding clients, to corporates, car shows and restaurant owners launching new menus! In 2018 Callum and Will became the last entertainers to perform at Broadmoor Hospital before it's relocation !
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank Transfer
- How long do you play for?Typically we perform two sets of forty five to 60 minutes each with a short break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do. We have a selection of top quality p.a. systems to suit the venue, and a variety of stage and dance floor lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- How much space do you require?At least 4 Metres x 3 Metres
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?The price quoted assumes music from our existing repertoire: learning and rehearsing specific songs for one off events to the high standards we aspire to takes quite a lot of man hours, so we do charge a token £200.00 per request, provided it is broadly within the genres we perform, and we're given sufficient notice. Many bands with apparently huge repertoires will read off ipads or music stands as they play - we like to focus on giving the most energising performance we possibly can, and that means being in the moment with you, not squinting at a lyric sheet!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically we'll take one twenty to thirty minute break between sets - but we are flexible!
- What time will you arrive on the day?The price quoted will assume an evening hire - typically, if our first live set is at 9.00 we would arrive around 6.00 and unload/set up over the next hour or so. We then need to make a little noise sound checking for 20 minutes or so. If the logistics of your event make this problematic, we can do an earlier set up, subject to availability, but we do need to have plenty of notice for this, and the extra man hours required will affect the fee accordingly.
- Why are you not prepared to play my venue, because it has a noise limiter? Can you not turn it down a bit ?Venues hate limiters as much as musicians. The difference is, musicians will tell the truth about them, while venues will always tell you its not a problem - they want the booking, and they don't care if the band sound rubbish as long as their licence isn't threatened. No band, least of all us, wants to be uncomfortably loud for it's clients or venue staff, BUT if you're playing Foo Fighters/Arctic Monkeys/Green Day covers you cannot "hit the drums gently" or "not sing so loud" without sounding awful. The typical decibel level set by limiters of 95db simply does not allow an energetic passionate performance - our three voices singing a chorus, with no amplification, will go beyond 95db, even if we bring an electric drum kit. We far prefer to use an acoustic drum kit - we then adjust the levels of instruments and vocals to match the drums. This will sound loud enough to give our audience the exhilarating experience of a real rock concert, but is not, in our opinion, excessively loud for the genres of music we play.
We cover songs by The Killers, Oasis, Blur, B52s, Kings of Leon, James Brown, Foo Fighters, The Clash, Green Day, Electric 6, Kaiser Chiefs, Amy Winehouse, Chuck Berry, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Muse
to name but a few!
We supply top quality P.A. and Lighting, and ensure the musical side of your event runs smoothly so you can focus on your guests' other needs!