Dawntreader are a powerful and dynamic Ceilidh/Barn Dance Band with Caller.
We are a 3 piece Ceilidh Band playing English, Irish, Scottish and some European music. Our mix of traditional folk music with strong melodies and powerful rhythms is ideally suited to Ceilidh and Barn Dances.
Debs, our Caller has 15 yrs of experience in Calling with Ceilidh Bands and has Dances to suit all abilities, including some fun dances for the little ones. She has been the resident Caller with the Dawntreaders since 2009, and has grown with the Band into a highly professional Wedding Ceilidh Caller, although she is equally at home with a local village hall Party.
Our Musicians are :-
Lynn Fiddle : I don't need to say much about her playing, the music sample speaks for itself. She is a gifted Musician with ability rarely seen at this level. She plays a 5 string Fiddle, which gives her an extended range of notes compared to a standard 4 string. Mel has been playing continuously with Lynn since 2005...
Captain Mark Owen, RMB Chivenor• 27 Jan 2018
"Burns' Night Supper, RMB Chivenor,
""Just a quick email to thank you and the rest of Dawntreader for attending our Burns Supper Saturday last. You were Fantastic and were instrumental in making the night a raging success. Debs controlled the whiskey induced masses with true style and the music was exceptional. I hope all was good for you, and that you all enjoyed your night. We will definitely be using your services again. Thanks again Mel and regards to Debs, Mark, Lynn and John."""
Anonymous User• 17 Mar 2017
"PTA Ceilidh, 17th March
""Just wanted to say thanks again for Friday night, everyone had such a great time, the music & dancing was fantastic and the caller made it so easy for everyone to join in, was definitely a night to remember! Thanks again and will be in touch for our next ceilidh!""
Wedding, Truro, 3rd September
""just wanted to say thank you so much to you and the rest of the band for making our wedding so much fun, lots of our guests had never been to a ceilidh before and the...
Vicky Goldby , Polwhele House School PTA• 7 Jul 2018
Just a little note to say thank you so much for Saturday. Everyone had a lovely time, dancing and laughing together and it was a great send off for the headmaster and his wife,
Thanks again, Vicky"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Barn Dance/Ceilidh Dance Band with Caller
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties and all inbetween
- How long do you play for?up to 4 hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?15" x 6" plus sound desk at opposite end of room
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For a 3.00 event, we would normally use 2 sets with a 30 min break between. This flexible to suit the needs of the client. EG , timing the break to coincide with caterers provision of evening food/supper.
We play the usual Scottish, Irish, English folk tunes in multi tune sets for dancing. Some East European and Klezmer music.
Our PA is available for Client use before/after the main event for an addit...