Based in Keighley, West Yorkshire the Bird Dog Three is a new semi-acoustic trio comprising three highly experienced players, all of whom have been playing and performing for many years.
We play a varied mix of blues, rockabilly, country and Americana standards together with our own material. We feature three part vocals with harmonies, intricate guitar picking, blues harp and slide guitar. Our music draws from a range of sources - traditional blues, foot stomping rockabilly, country music and blues/rock.
Featured in our repertoire are our versions of songs by artists as diverse as: Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan and Ledbelly - to name but a few. Also our own compositions, all written within that genre.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A semi-acoustic trio of highly experienced musicians playing rocking, rootsy Americana.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing to highle appreciative audiences and helping them to have a good time.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Being a trio, we don't take up much space.
- How long do you play for?Usually a whole evening.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and backline supplied.
We can tailor a set list from our repertoire to suit. Generally we perform 2x45min (approx!) sets and then encore as necessary. Typical sets would be:
1 - Bright Lights Big City -A
2 - Mystery Train -E
3 - Streets I Roam -E
4 - Serious Man -E
5 - Sitting On Top Of The World -E
6 - Scares Me To Death -D
7 - Blind Willie McTell -Em
8 - On The Road Again -E
9 - That's all Right -A
1 - Ring Of Fire -A (1st)
2 - Muleskinner Blues - D
3 - Girl From The North Country -G (1st)
4 - Waiting At The Station -E
5 - One Night With You -E
6 - Muddy Water Blues -E
7 - Call Me The Breeze -E
8 - My Babe - Hey Babe -E
9 - Hoochie Coochie Man -A