Swing The Bridge is a Ceilidh or Barn Dance Band for all ages and every occasion. With the emphasis on entertainment!!!
From Faversham, Kent UK
If you want a good dance and plenty of laughs... We've got the lot!
Swing The Bridge is an experienced, energetic and professional 5-piece Folk/Rock Ceilidh Band comprising Pip Ives (Melodeon), Gemma Gayner (Violin), Geoff Sandiford (Bass Guitar), Neal Adams (Drums) and Martin Young (Guitar and Caller to teach you the dances, all in good humour).
Please take a look at the pictures above. You’ll see 5 people. This is the band that rehearses and will appear at your wedding, birthday party, corporate event, bar-mitzvah or any event of your choosing.
We do not substitute band members with any other musician who happens to be available. It might be a cliche but..
...What you see is what you get!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Swing The Bridge is a CEILIDH or BARN DANCE BAND For All Ages And Every Occasion. WITH THE EMPHASIS ON ENTERTAINMENT!!!
- What are the highlights of your career?Many e.g. Broadstairs Folk Week 2019
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can play for dancing and sing songs for listening. Versatility is the key!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Any event public or private e.g. weddings, birthday parties and ceilidhs open to the public.
- Who are your previous clients?Government Departments, Festivals. You name it, we've done it!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash
- How long do you play for?We are yours for the whole evening. While you can keep dancing we'll keep playing!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have both in abundance!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have both and are happy to forward evidence at the drop of a hat!
- How much space do you require?As much space as you can create but a ceilidh is like water; it finds its own level.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are a ceilidh band who sing songs from the folk canon and as such have a wide repertoire. However, we are always willing to learn a song if we don't already know it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take one break for as long as it takes to eat a buffet style meal and to for you to get your breath back.
Ceilidhs and Concerts - For Any Age And All Occasions.
· We play lively traditional tunes in a fresh, modern way often coupled with a more up to date tune or song which might offer one or two surprises and...
· To enhance the atmosphere we have our own lighting.
· We encourage our clients to book our ceilidh band and a separate disco package. While it might seem, in booking a ceilidh/disco package, that the total cost of your night would be slightly cheaper than booking them separately, we do not pretend to have the know-how of a dedicated and experienced DJ and we do not compromise simply to make more money. It is important that you have the very best entertainment and experience that we can offer. We are a ceilidh band. That’s what we do best.
· However, clients are welcome to play their own music through our pa system via ipod etc.
Available: London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire.