Swing Gitan Uk are a scintillating gypsy jazz quartet from the East Midlands who play the classic swing hits from the famous great Gatsby/prohibition era!!!!
Their sound encapsulates the pulsating energy of the gypsy guitar style mixed with charming vocal lines and infectious Trumpet solos.
The band have a superb reputation as a consistently professional, highly entertaining outfit who can perform for all ages and put on a show to suit all occasions.
They are guaranteed to get your toes tapping!
Don't forget to check out our videos and audio links.
Available to hire as a trio, quartet or a quintet which includes Clarinet or Saxophone.
Seeking festivals, Weddings, Swing workshops, Birthday parties, University balls, support slots, headline slots, Restaurant gigs, pubs and Garden parties.
Helen Thompstone• Aug. 18, 2019
Swing Gitan were fantastic at our wedding. They provided perfect background music as guests arrived, during our ceremony and entertained afterwards. The band created a great relaxing atmosphere that everyone enjoyed. Friendly and helpful communications with Elliot before and afterwards too which was also nice. Highly recommend.
Andy Kennard• Oct. 13, 2018
Swing Gitan were amazing and would definitely recommend them. Very talented and nice chaps to boot! We got lots of compliments from the guests about good they were. Thanks guys
For our recent black tie function, we have Swing Gitan a go, and we're really happy that we did. They went above and beyond the call of duty and were terrific and totally professional throughout. Whether people wanted to sit and listen to the music being played, or get up and dance themselves, the band created an incredible mood. We'd love to book you guys again, having seen how you made our evening!
Harry• Feb. 16, 2018
"Swing Gitan have been playing at our venue for several years now. Whether they are in a duo, trio or quartet, the performance always makes for a great night.
Their ‘gypsy jazz’ style is unique in Nottingham and always brings in a big crowd. Each member of the band are incredibly talented on stage and a pleasure to host both during and outside of the set performances.
At the Pelican club, swing gitan have become one of the firm favourites for staff and customers alike - Management team at the Pelican club Nottingham"
Ali Bolson• Sept. 30, 2017
"""Swing Gitan were an excellent addition to our wedding day - great music and lots of fun. Everyone loved watching them and dancing on the night. They were very professional, punctual and polite throughout the process. Would highly recommend - Thank You!"""
Tim Watts• Sept. 2, 2017
“Swing Gitan contributed fully to a great party. They were very professional and easy to deal with and their style of music was perfect for a multi-generation party with a wide range of guests. We would certainly recommend them”. Tim Watts 2/9/17
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Outstanding, professional, entertaining and hassle free!
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing in a vintage, travelling circus tent nearly 100 years old.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Compact, easy to manage, portable, non intrusive.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Birthday parties, festivals, weddings, anniversaries, dance workshops, vintage themed events.
- Who are your previous clients?A multitude of different weddings and parties and our local bars/restaurants including: Nottingham playhouse, Contemporary arts centre, Nanpantan hall (Leicestershire), Principal hotel (Manchester), Le quecumbar (London), Lowdhams motorhomes, Royal Holloway university, Nottingham Trent university, the pelican club (Italian restaurant), hand and heart, round house, Pillar box (Gin Parlour).
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept BACS, cash, cheque.
- How long do you play for?We can provide up to 3 hours worth of music.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?5 meters across and 3 meters deep.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are happy to provide requests with proper notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Over a 2 x 45 minute set performance or even 2 x 1 hour sets we would expect to take 15 minutes in between.
King of the swingers
Dream a little dream
It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing)
Come fly with me
Just a gigolo
Mac the knife
Everybody wants to be a cat
Minnie the moocher
It had to be you
Hit the road jack
Oh when the saints go marching in
The girl from impanema
I got rhythm
It's only a paper moon
Singing in the rain
I'm beginning to see the light
Cheek to cheek
Mack the knife
la vie en rose
Take the A train
Puttin' on the ritz
St James Infirmary
What is this thing called love?
Sweet Georgia brown
I'll see you in my dreams
Dream of you
How high the moon
Out of nowhere
Dark eyes (Les yeux noir)
I can't give you anything but love
All of me
Georgia on my mind
After you've gone
The Sheik of Araby
There will never be another you
Stompin’ at the savoy