Stephanie is a classically trained professional harpist and pianist. Following her graduation from London College of Music with Honours in performance,she gained Postgraduate qualifications in both Music Therapy and Teaching. She now combines a career as a Music Therapist, Teacher of Harp & Piano and as a Perfomer of Harp & Piano. As a harpist, she has been privileged to play for Royalty, and as a Pianist has performed in the prestigious Purcell Room on London's Southbank.
Stephanie performs on her pedal harp for indoor events, and on her lever harp with amplification for outside events(conditions apply). She has a stage digital piano which she can provide where there isn't a piano at the venue.
She has an extensive repertoire on all three instruments ranging from classical through to contemporary pop.
Marion Elliott• 19 Apr 2017
Stephanie was superb, and her skills on the keyboard enhanced the atmosphere during our drinks reception. Would highly recommend her. and would be very happy to use her services again.
- How long do you play for?For a ceremony, I would start playing about 15 minutes before the ceremony is due to commence. I can play for a ceremony and drinks reception either up to 2 hours or 3 hours. Bookings for between 3 and 5 hours would necessitate breaks. If playing for a ceremony, drinks reception and wedding breakfast up to 5 hours maximum, I would only cover 45 minutes of the drinks reception and then 2 hours for the wedding breakfast.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, I have my own lighting and PA systems for both harp amd piano. I have a PAT testing certificate.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, as a Member of Musicians' Union, I have Public Liability Insurance. I also have PAT tested equipment.
- How much space do you require?Approximately 1m x 2m floor space. For outside events, full protection must be provided from sun, wind, potential rain.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Research would be required to check that it can be played, especially if it is required to be played on the harp. There is a minimum charge of £5 per pop song to cover purchase costs. More than two special requests may incur additional costs to cover time spent sourcing and preparation time.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For short duration bookings, I do not take breaks. For longer than 2 hour bookings, breaks depend upon logistics and the need for food and drink.
Stephanie has extensive playlists from which music can be selected for a wedding ceremony. For a drinks reception&/or wedding breakfast, Stephanie invites brides to choose up to five pieces of music f...