London ceilidh band The Spring Heeled Jacks is an exciting five-piece band delivering healthy doses of energising dance tunes from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and beyond. Drawn from a number of experienced dance musicians and callers, The Spring Heeled Jacks are guaranteed to make your event a memorable one.
From foot-stomping jigs to elegant waltzes, their repertoire draws on both traditional tunes and their own compositions, with a style and rhythm which is irresistibly danceable. Whether you're looking for a traditional Scottish wedding ceilidh, a fun birthday party English barn dance or even a Welsh twmpath for your community fundraisers, the Spring Heeled Jacks would love to hear from you. We are a London ceilidh band but are happy to travel.
LAETITIA ANSTEE-PARRY• 15 Mar 2018
"We booked the spring heeled jacks for our fundraiser. We wanted a ceilidh band with a great caller and we couldn’t have chosen a better one.
They got everybody on the dance (even the most reluctant)
Our night was a great success and it was all down to a fabulous band with fantastic music and entertainment skills
Would absolutely recommend them."
Duncan Bennett• 2 Oct 2016
The Spring Heeled Jacks provided an excellent evening's entertainment & all our guests remarked how much they enjoyed their music. The pace of instruction was suitable for a mixed audience & we only wish that we could of hired our venue for longer to enjoy the Spring Heeled Jacks for longer. I would recommend them to anyone.
Becca• 5 Jan 2017
Great evening had by all. Really was perfect for what we needed. Loads of fun
carly freeston• 11 Mar 2017
The Spring Heeled Jacks were absolutely fantastic. They fitted in with our wedding schedule seamlessly, setting up in the background unnoticed. They provided brilliant entertainment, pitching it just right for our very novice group of dancers ranging from 2-80. They also played a couple of traditional Irish songs for us that we requested which had sentimental value and went down really well. The band also stayed a bit longer as everyone was having such a good time which was very kind. Would thor...
Ceri Davis• 17 Feb 2018
We had the Spring Heeled Jacks for our wedding celebration and they were absolutely fantastic. They were exactly what we were looking for: punctual, flexible, engaging and fun. They wove their way seamlessly into our slightly unusual day, were responsive to requests and were so encouraging and enjoyable that even initially reluctant dancers stayed on the dance floor, throwing themselves into the dances and having a wonderful time. Each dance was pitched perfectly for us and our guests, and the i...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Ceilidh Band
- What are the highlights of your career?Any occasion where we get a hall full of people dancing and grinning from ear to ear with fun
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Simple, friendly, down-to-earth: just the best dance music you can ask for
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, community event, club/society social events, work parties, corporate functions, Burns Night
- Who are your previous clients?Usually private individuals, but also schools, charities, businesses, clubs and societies - anyone who wants a ceilidh really
- How can event planners pay for your services?Ideally bank transfer, but we accept cash by prior arrangement
- How long do you play for?Up to you within reason - it doesn't normally affect the price (within an evening), provided that it doesn't finish super-late. We usually recommend a couple of sets of about an hour each, with a break of at least half an hour in the middle.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA yes, but we don't usually provide lighting. (The important bit is the dancing rather than fancy lighting on the band)
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We can usually be flexible and work with what's available, but ideally at least about 5m*3m for the band, and plenty of space for people to dance. Think the size of a village hall - but it depends on your numbers, obviously!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We're a ceilidh dance band - we play traditional tunes from across the UK, Ireland and elsewhere, and most of the dances we call are Scottish and English. If you have something specific in mind please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It depends on your timings, but usually either none or one depending on how energetic your guests are feeling and how much music and dancing we can fit in. We prefer to play more rather than less - so the keener people are to get up and dance, the more music and dancing we can do in the time available. For example: - If you only end up having an hour and a quarter for your ceilidh, we'd probably prefer to play straight through and not take a break - If you have three hours for a ceilidh, we'd probably suggest doing two halves of up to an hour and ten or so each, and have a 40 minute break in the middle.
- I've never done ceilidh dancing before - is this really for me?Yes - ceilidhs are fantastic, especially first time! They're one of the most fun, lively and inclusive types of event you can have. Our expert caller helps you through the dances at every stage. It's really easy, and there's just one objective: have fun!
Extensive reportoire including all the well-known ceilidh dances and many more. Circassian circle, Gay gordons, Dashing white sergeant, Strip the willow, Cumberland square eight... to name but a few. ...