SPINACH FOR NORMAN is a long-established West Country folk band. We’ve been fuelling ceilidhs, barn-dances, weddings and all kinds of celebrations with jigs, reels and heart-broken airs for years. And we’re proud to say that almost every booking has followed a recommendation from a satisfied customer.
Unless you only want background or listening music, SPINACH comes with a caller to teach and lead the dances. Our regular caller is PAM HAYES. She’s hugely popular, great with adults, children, experienced and inexperienced dancers alike. She’ll add some dances from around the world into the mix if you want her to, and she can even call in French.
Martin Henning• 5 Nov 2017
"Referring to your request for testimonials about Spinach For Norman's performances please find below some quotes:
1. Wow! What a spectacular evening you gave us. our guests are all converted ceilidh fans - a lot of them had never tried one before and they absolutely loved it. I'm sure you felt the atmosphere too - such joy and celebration was a real high for everyone.
Thank you for your energy, enthusiasm and time. We will never forget the magic you created for us - thank you so much.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We play mainly English, Irish & Scottish traditional dance musics so we can give you a mixed bag or a themed all-Scottish / Irish / English set. All of the band have been involved in other kinds of music, so we can add some French, American and even Transylvanian flavours if you’d like us to
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing for community events in the French Alps and Normandy and in all sorts of venues all around the UK.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our sound is an all string sound and we are able tyo play themed evenings such as St, Patricks nights (Irish music), Burns nights (Scottish music), Jewish events (Barmitzvahs etc,)
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Mainly Private functions such as weddings and community events such as festivals and community ceilidhs.
- Who are your previous clients?Wedding clients, Community organisations such as Town Twinning Associations, Folk Festivals, Folk Dance Clubs etc.
- How long do you play for?Normally 2 x 90 minute sets. More or less by arrangement.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both. Public liability insurance to £6,000,000 through the Musicians Union
- How much space do you require?5m x 3m minimum as a rule of thumb.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Our tunes are traditional folk dance tunes UK,Irish,European (East and West including Yiddish), American, - too numerous to list really. We will be happy to play tunes in that genre by arrangement.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would normally play 1hour - 90minute sets with a 15 minute break in between.
We play mainly English, Irish & Scottish traditional dance musics so we can give you a mixed bag or a themed all-Scottish / Irish / English set. All of the band have been involved in other kinds of mu...