The Southside Gypsy Trio
...This exciting new all-acoustic trio consists of three of London’s finest musicians, coming together from varying musical backgrounds to pay tribute to Parisian culture of the 20s and 30s with a heart-warming repertoire of Gypsy Jazz classics, American songbook standards, and maybe the odd
bal musette and Paso Doble thrown in for good measure!
Catherine Weston• May 20, 2016
They were great - thanks so much for everything!
Catherine and Ed• Sept. 4, 2016
We happened to see the duo version (accordion and upright bass) performing outdoors at a local market and enjoyed it so much we decided to hire the same format for our Sunday afternoon wedding party, held in the foyer of a Victorian-era town hall now used as an arts centre. The musicians were prompt in arriving and performing and took up very little room at the venue. Their swinging tunes and gypsy-influenced sounds worked just as well indoors as background music, especially in the vintage atmosphere of the foyer. We would certainly recommend them to anyone after a small group of live musicians playing vintage-style Jazz.
Ruth• June 11, 2016
We booked the trio for our combined 40th birthday and housewarming and they were a great choice. They were simply amazing! Their vintage acoustic sounds really set the party swinging and created such a lively atmosphere that even the rain didn't stop us from dancing in the garden! Highly recommended and would definitely book them again - really professional and exceptionally talented musicians!
Rachel• July 2, 2016
The trio performed at our venue outdoors on the North Lawns for an afternoon wedding reception. Their style of music and performance was perfect for the venue and event. Halfway through it started to rain so we moved the event indoors and they were able to continue quite easily and quickly with a minimum of fuss. We thoroughly enjoyed their performance and look forward to booking them again for similar events in the near future.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:All-acoustic trio playing Gypsy Jazz favourites.
- What are the highlights of your career?Highlights of our careers include welcoming Dame Edna Everage to the stage by playing the song 'There Is Nothing Like A Dame'!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our advantages include the creation a nostalgic atmosphere of music and times past, and the capability of being entirely mobile throughout a venue.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We serve a wide range of events including cocktail parties, corporate functions, birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, weddings, funerals, workplace parties, just about anything you can think of really!
- Who are your previous clients?Tourism Victoria, Business Australia, The Four Seasons Hotel, Dorney Court,
- How can event planners pay for your services?Planners can pay via the usual methods of cash or bank transfer (we'll also happily take gold bullion!).
- How long do you play for?This is dependent on each performance, though a standard length would be a maximum of three sets of tunes in a three-hour time frame (ie forty-five minutes playing with a fifteen minute break, times three).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we can provide our own lighting. As a trio we usually use individual amplification.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both.
- How much space do you require?For performing, not very much as we have very little equipment. Approximately five or six metres square would be sufficient. We're also available as a roaming band throughout a venue.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes if it fits in with the style of music we play.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This is also dependent on each performance, although we usually take a 15-20 minute break for a 45-50 minute set. Breaks would be no longer than 25 minutes.
After You’ve Gone
All Of Me
I’m Confessin’ (That I Love You)
It’s Only A Paper Moon
I Wish You Love
Manoir De Mes Reves
On The Sunny Side Of The Street
Out Of Nowhere
Stompin’ At Decca
Stompin’ At The… (Chris’ original)
Sweet Georgia Brown
...and plenty more!...