Sound Express band
Soul, pop, motown and jazz function band based in London, specialised in weddings, corporate events and private parties.
The “Sound Express band” is an energetic, classy and engaging band featuring a line-up of professional musicians with more than 15 years experience of live performances in different venues in London and UK. Their repertoire is characterised by a wide selection of Pop, Soul and R&B classics, uplifting Motown songs, famous jazz standards and Italian/Spanish numbers, all rearranged in different styles including funk, swing and latin jazz.
The band is led by the charismatic singer Bee from Spain, who is capable to literally enchant the audience with her charming voice and get everyone involved. Expect a non-stop show, full of famous uplifting songs and classy arrangements, which will get everyone up and dancing and singing along.
We provide a complete, stand-alone and flexible music equipment that can be adapted to the specific needs of th...
Guillermo Mesa / Bailo Latino Entertainments• 8 Sep 2018
"The Sound Express with the amazing Bea on vocals are a high-energy, incredibly versatile band performing every genre and style with a world-class line-up. They nail everything from Pop, Rock, Jazz, Latin, Soul, Disco, Funk, Motown, Brazilian, Cuban, Spanish, Reggae and many more.
I hire the Sound Express several times per month and I will strongly recommend the Sound Express band, without hesitation , for any private event , wedding or celebration"
Entertainment manager a...
Thomas Thomas Films• 25 Apr 2019
Responded to our request and delivered great results in a very short prep window for a film shoot. Very pleased.
Lilly D.• 22 Nov 2018
Reliable band & Great performance! Will definitely recommend.
Sheelagh O.• 13 Apr 2019
Sound Express played at our wedding. They were excellent. They had a great sound and the lead singer had a lovely voice.They were very flexible with a very wide range of music they were able to play.The band arrived in very good time to make sure they were there well ahead of time and checked out with us beforehand.I would strongly recommend this band.
David Lee. The Greyhound Keston• 24 Mar 2019
This is the second time we have booked the Sound Express Band and as with the first occasion they did not disappoint. Despite restricting them to a far smaller area than they are used to they rose to the occasion captivating everyone with their tunes. I had to intervene at the end to quell the tide of ‘Encore’ requests as I truly believe they’d still be here now ! Thoroughly recommended !
- Can you learn song requests before the event?Of course we can: We take up to 2-3 requests free of charge (As long as within a reasonable instrumentation/ genres having in consideration all the styles we cover and that we are not an 18-piece orchestra... ) Please go ahead. We love requests as they help us to keep on making our track list bigger.
- Is all of the equipment (e.g. PA & lighting) included in your quote?Our PA and lighting system is included in your quote for events with up to 100-140 guests
- Can I pick the songs you play from the set list?Of course you can: Our set lists are crafted from countless performances and learning what works best to ensure guests dance and have an amazing time. However, we're definitely happy to chat through and make sure we find what works for your event.
- How much time do you need to set up?We usually set up about 1 to 1.5 hours before the performance time. As soon as our PA is set up we can provide a playlist service to help set the atmosphere and get your guests ready for our live performance!
- Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?Absolutely. This is a really popular request and we actually offer this service for free. If you'd like a DJ service via our PA after the final set until the venue closes, we provide this for an additional £100.
- What if my timings change after I've booked you?We always try our best to be flexible to help ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible. If timings change slightly in the run up to the event just let us know.
- Do you have different line-up options?Duo : Vocals and keyboards OR guitar. Trios: Vocals plus keyboards and drums Quartet: bass, drums, guitar OR keyboards and vocals Quintet: bass, drums, guitar, keyboards and vocals
- Will the singer be the same as who I see in the videos?“We strive to make sure the line-up you see is what you get on the night. We do have pre-audititioned musicians of our absolute trust, available in case a band member falls ill or is unavailable. As a professional band our reputation means everything so you can be confident that all of our players are of a very high level.”
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15-30 mints breaks. We are flexible as long as we are given notice and it's arranged prior to the quotation.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we take requests
- How much space do you require?usually 5-6 metres wide and 3 meters deep for the 4 and 5-piece band. Less space is required for the Trio and Duo line-ups. We offer compact set ups and alternative reduced drums for space and volume purposes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes , Both
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we do have own PA and lighting for events with up to 100-200 people
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 sets of 50 mints each. We can offer 3 x 45 OR 4 x 40 mints sets at an extra cost, depending of the band's size.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via bank transfer with deposit to secure booking and full pre-payment required with a minimum of 28 days in advance.
- Who are your previous clients?Nissan Motors Quaglino's (Mayfair) MNKY-HSE (Mayfair) Hampton Court Palace Most the top UK's entertainment agencies Revolucion de Cuba Southampton Revolucion de Cuba Reading Revolucion de Cuba Bristol
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate events, birthday parties, Anniversaries, charity events, Club and venue events.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our versatility , incredibly large song list and choice of line ups, from small duo-trio formats to 4-5 piece bands and add on options such as extra vocalists, brass section etc. We take requests and take each single booking as a custom-made performance to always adapt to our client's needs. Our line-up features some of the very best performers and musicians in the entire UK, we are a top-rated band with a massive amount of client reviews and testimonials and years of experience having done 120-160 shows per year at weddings, corporate and private events.
- What are the highlights of your career?National TV exposure on contexts and local tv. Big corporate brands such as Nissan motors. Large stage performance at festivals etc.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Sound Express band is a high energy , versatile and super professional band, performing a huge range of classic and current hits.
Hit the road Jack
A little less conversation
Never too much
Black or white
Shape of you
Moves like Jagger
Living for the city
I wanna dance ...