Sound Express band
Soul, pop, motown and jazz function band based in London, specialised in weddings, corporate events and private parties.
The “Sound Express band” is an energetic, classy and engaging band featuring a line-up of professional musicians with more than 15 years experience of live performances in different venues in London and UK. Their repertoire is characterised by a wide selection of Pop, Soul and R&B classics, uplifting Motown songs, famous jazz standards and Italian/Spanish numbers, all rearranged in different styles including funk, swing and latin jazz.
The band is led by the charismatic singer Bee from Spain, who is capable to literally enchant the audience with her charming voice and get everyone involved. Expect a non-stop show, full of famous uplifting songs and classy arrangements, which will get everyone up and dancing and singing along.
We provide a complete, stand-alone and flexible music equipment that can be adapted to the specific needs of the clients and types of venues. We have a very flexible and personalised approach with every single event, and always strive to provide a highly professional service throughout all the booking process, from the very first enquiry to the actual organisation and complexion of the event. This includes a close and constant communication with our clients at all times, in order to guarantee an outstanding custom-made show and service.
Helen H.• May 26, 2019
Sound Express indeed. Sound Fantastic!!! Brilliant all round and cant really recommend them highly enough! If I should ever have another function I would definitely have them there! Thank you so much for excellent sound!
Thomas Thomas Films• April 25, 2019
Responded to our request and delivered great results in a very short prep window for a film shoot. Very pleased.
Sheelagh O.• April 13, 2019
Sound Express played at our wedding. They were excellent. They had a great sound and the lead singer had a lovely voice.They were very flexible with a very wide range of music they were able to play.The band arrived in very good time to make sure they were there well ahead of time and checked out with us beforehand.I would strongly recommend this band.
David Lee. The Greyhound Keston• March 24, 2019
This is the second time we have booked the Sound Express Band and as with the first occasion they did not disappoint. Despite restricting them to a far smaller area than they are used to they rose to the occasion captivating everyone with their tunes. I had to intervene at the end to quell the tide of ‘Encore’ requests as I truly believe they’d still be here now ! Thoroughly recommended !
Travel Ego ltd• March 16, 2019
The Sound Express band were amazing at last year's annual celebration. I hired the Sound Express band for a student party at Colindale's Student residency. The booking process was so easy and Jose was a pleasure to deal with. The performance was absolutely fantastic, keeping everyone dancing and engaging the audience for the whole of the show duration. Thanks so much Jose and the band, will definitely book you again for more events and would be happy to recommend the band, without hesitation Chiara Quaquero , Director of Travel Ego ltd
David Angrella, MNKY-HSE, Mayfair• Feb. 5, 2019
Sound Express band is a vibrant crew of experienced and charismatic musicians with a background ranging from R’n’B to Funk, Latin Jazz and Pop classics. They were exceptionally engaging with the crowd for all their performance; from the early dinner set where it was required to play at a conversational volume level throughout the second part of the night where everyone was feeling the more energetic grooves and melodies while singing along some classic rearranged in a modern and sophisticated style.
Services From Sound Express
Instrumental Jazz Trio With Drums, Keyboards Or Guitar & Bass - 2 x 50 Minutes
Trio With Drums, Keyboards & Vocals - 2 x 45 Minutes
4-Piece Band With Vocals - 2 x 45 Minutes
5-Piece Band With Female Vocals - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The Sound Express band is a high energy , versatile and super professional band, performing a huge range of classic and current hits.
- What are the highlights of your career?National TV exposure on contexts and local tv. Big corporate brands such as Nissan motors. Large stage performance at festivals etc.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our versatility , incredibly large song list and choice of line ups, from small duo-trio formats to 4-5 piece bands and add on options such as extra vocalists, brass section etc. We take requests and take each single booking as a custom-made performance to always adapt to our client's needs. Our line-up features some of the very best performers and musicians in the entire UK, we are a top-rated band with a massive amount of client reviews and testimonials and years of experience having done 120-160 shows per year at weddings, corporate and private events.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate events, birthday parties, Anniversaries, charity events, Club and venue events.
- Who are your previous clients?Nissan Motors Quaglino's (Mayfair) MNKY-HSE (Mayfair) Hampton Court Palace Most the top UK's entertainment agencies Revolucion de Cuba Southampton Revolucion de Cuba Reading Revolucion de Cuba Bristol
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via bank transfer with deposit to secure booking and full pre-payment required with a minimum of 28 days in advance.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 sets of 50 mints each. We can offer 3 x 45 OR 4 x 40 mints sets at an extra cost, depending of the band's size.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we do have own PA and lighting for events with up to 100-200 people
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes , Both
- How much space do you require?usually 5-6 metres wide and 3 meters deep for the 4 and 5-piece band. Less space is required for the Trio and Duo line-ups. We offer compact set ups and alternative reduced drums for space and volume purposes.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we take requests
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15-30 mints breaks. We are flexible as long as we are given notice and it's arranged prior to the quotation.
- Will the singer be the same as who I see in the videos?“We strive to make sure the line-up you see is what you get on the night. We do have pre-audititioned musicians of our absolute trust, available in case a band member falls ill or is unavailable. As a professional band our reputation means everything so you can be confident that all of our players are of a very high level.”
- Do you have different line-up options?Duo : Vocals and keyboards OR guitar. Trios: Vocals plus keyboards and drums Quartet: bass, drums, guitar OR keyboards and vocals Quintet: bass, drums, guitar, keyboards and vocals
- What if my timings change after I've booked you?We always try our best to be flexible to help ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible. If timings change slightly in the run up to the event just let us know.
- Can you provide an iPod/DJ service before and between your sets?Absolutely. This is a really popular request and we actually offer this service for free. If you'd like a DJ service via our PA after the final set until the venue closes, we provide this for an additional £100.
- How much time do you need to set up?We usually set up about 1 to 1.5 hours before the performance time. As soon as our PA is set up we can provide a playlist service to help set the atmosphere and get your guests ready for our live performance!
- Can I pick the songs you play from the set list?Of course you can: Our set lists are crafted from countless performances and learning what works best to ensure guests dance and have an amazing time. However, we're definitely happy to chat through and make sure we find what works for your event.
- Is all of the equipment (e.g. PA & lighting) included in your quote?Our PA and lighting system is included in your quote for events with up to 100-140 guests
- Can you learn song requests before the event?Of course we can: We take up to 2-3 requests free of charge (As long as within a reasonable instrumentation/ genres having in consideration all the styles we cover and that we are not an 18-piece orchestra... ) Please go ahead. We love requests as they help us to keep on making our track list bigger.
Hit the road Jack
A little less conversation
Never too much
Black or white
Shape of you
Moves like Jagger
Living for the city
I wanna dance with somebody
I will survibe
Rock with you
Signed sealed delivered
I shot the sheriff
Cant help it
I will wait
Let's stay together
Jail house Rock
I want you back
What a wonderful world
Heard it through the grapevine
Seven Nation Army
Call me maybe
What's going on
A change is gonna come
I feel good
Johnny be goode
No woman no cry
Sitting on the Dock
Some kind of wonderful
Son of a preacher man
Blame it on the boogie
Isn't she lovely
You,re loosing me
Fly me to the moon
Cheek to cheek
Ain't no sunshine
Mais que nada
Oye como va
I just wanna make love to you
Killing me softly
I feel good
Isn’t she lovely
I say a little prayer
light my fire
English man in NY
Feel like making love
Just the two of us
Georgia in my mind
Stand by me
Back to black
You're losing me
I'd rather go blind
Turn your light down low
Rock me baby
Chain of fools
This boots are made for walking
Mercy , mercy
I Got Rhythm
When a Man Loves a Woman
All about the bass
Can't buy me love
Last Christmas- Wham!
All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey
We wish you a merry Christmas
Let it snow
Feliz Navidad (I wanna wish you a merry Christmas)
Santa Baby- Michael Buble
Blue Christmas- Michael Buble
Winter wonderland- Michael Buble
Santa Claus is coming to town- Michael Buble
Holy holy Christmas- Michael Buble
Cold December night - Michael Buble
The First Noël- frank Sinatra
O Little Town of Bethlehem- Nat King Cole
All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth- Nat King Cole