Add a live art experience to your event which you and your guests will remember - Request a Free Quote for more details.
CHOOSE FOR YOUR GUESTS TO FEEL FLATTERED (not offended)!
Unlike classical caricature, my portraits reveal a pleasant appearance, not the ugliness and grotesque. The constant feedback I receive is: "I'm more beautiful in your drawing than in reality."
Individual portraits on A4 size (200gsm paper) is the best choice for the clarity of details and speed. The portraits are delivered to your guests protected in premium transparent folders. Multiple portraits one the same sheet can be drawn, as well, but can take longer, so single drawings are preferable. For every 2 hours, I may need a short, roughly 10 min break. This is to be certain I keep the quality of the line high and I deliver only the best quality drawings. I always arrive at least 30 minutes / 1-hour earlier, to discuss every detail, to be sure we can set the event how is convenient for you an...
Andrew Shires• 8 Dec 2018
Silu was a fantastic addition to the day. His drawings were very entertaining, and he much them in his warm and friendly demeanour. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed his presence at the event. I thoroughly recommend Silu for any event!
Simon Howarth• 26 Jan 2019
Silu arrived on time and was very unassuming, he worked non stop for the whole time! He even stayed a little longer to complete the last few drawings of people in the line waiting, very professional, and excellent drawing! Thanks Silu my guests loved your work!
AMANDA HUMPHREYS• 13 Apr 2019
Thank you Silu for adding the perfect touch to our evening. You gave something extra to our event . Highly recommended.
Fabulous caricatures that were done at our birthday weekend by the brilliant Silu Cartoon!
Thank you so much for coming. Everyone LOVED your pictures!
- Working from a stationary position or mix and mingle with your guests?I enjoy both. The speed while working from a stationary position can be higher.
- Why you're more into paper and markers versus digital caricature?I used graphics software and computers to draw for 15 years and I can say there's nothing more expressive and spectacular for making art and especially live caricature than simple tools like markers and paper. The joy and spectacle in art and in live caricature come from simplicity, from having spectacular results using simple tools. Also from taking risks, permanent markers can't be edited or undone in digital caricature. My drawings incorporate the emotion and energy of the moment. The accuracy of how this is transposed in lines and the expressivity of a drawing is incomparable higher when it's used marker and paper comparing with any digital tools of the moment. Higher speed, that means more drawings for you. You can have the original to frame it, not prints. All drawings are unique and unrepeatable. Every drawing is signed by the author, as well.
- Do you do caricatures from photos prior to the events/weddings?Yes. If you hire me to do live caricature for your guests only, you can choose to have your caricature done (bride and groom etc.) prior to the event from photos if you think you'll be too busy during your event to attend the live session. Please let me know if you need this service to be included in your quote. Thank you!
- What experience do you have working with children?I have been requested to drawn at lots of children's parties and I think there are no better models for cartoons than kids. Probably I'm one of the best caricature artists when it's about drawing children (check certified review by Andrew Shires @ Polka Theatre, children’s theatre in Wimbledon) because of my way of drawings portraits (check my gallery). I know I'm doing something special when they tell me "I want to draw like you".
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?I always arrive at least 30 minutes / 1-hour earlier, to discuss every detail and to be sure we can set the event how is convenient for you. As well, I arrive earlier to prepare myself, to be in the best shape when the event starts.
- Can we personalise every drawing with our logo & branding?Yes. I'll be happy to add stickers (provided by you) at the bottom of every front page.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?1. Decent lighting (indoors) 2. Two chairs normal size 3. A small table is helpful for my tools and to present some drawings. 4. Shaded area (outdoor), if possible. The sunlight is very powerful and reflected from the paper makes the drawing process more challenging.
- How long is the act?Minimum 2 hours per event. Portraits from 5 minutes.