Silu Design Studio - Quick Cute Portraits for Your Event
*Probably the Cutest Portraits in London*
WHY MY PORTRAITS STAND OUT
Choose for your guests to feel flattered (not offended)
Unlike classical caricature, my portraits reveal a pleasant appearance, not the ugliness and grotesque. The constant feedback I receive is: "I'm more beautiful in your drawing than in reality."
All drawings are unique and unrepeatable
Your guest will receive for free original artworks signed by the author (I have great respect for my art, I don't do anonymous artworks), NOT prints. The joy and spectacle in art and in live caricature come from simplicity, from having spectacular results using simple tools. Also, from taking risks, permanent markers can't be edited or undone like the digital caricature.
Quality of the line
Made with permanent markers (deep black), the artworks are defined by a clear, powerful line which generates a high black & white contrast. Unlike the drawings done in pencils or other media, are resistant (doesn't blend) and have a clean, ...
Andrew Shires• 8 Dec 2018
Silu was a fantastic addition to the day. His drawings were very entertaining, and he much them in his warm and friendly demeanour. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed his presence at the event. I thoroughly recommend Silu for any event!
AMANDA HUMPHREYS• 13 Apr 2019
Thank you Silu for adding the perfect touch to our evening. You gave something extra to our event . Highly recommended.
Sarah• 15 Jun 2019
I would rate Silu 10 out of 10 if I could! What a lovely chap. He arrived early and was sketching virtually constantly the whole time he was there, he even stayed on later than his booked time to finish off a couple of people, which was extremely appreciated by us. Everyone loved having their caricatures drawn and it was a fun addition to our celebration after our wedding. I would not hesitate to book Silu should we have another event in the future. I definitely highly recommended him.
Maryann Mcmahon• 2 Jun 2019
Silu was great, he worked hard to draw everyone.
His drawings capture a true image of the person he draws.
Fantastic service and I was also really impressed with the quality of the paper and also the folders he provided for each picture he drew. Silu is a great professional and I will be sure to hire him again as well as recommend him to others. Thank you silu for making our event one to remember.
Simon Howarth• 26 Jan 2019
Silu arrived on time and was very unassuming, he worked non stop for the whole time! He even stayed a little longer to complete the last few drawings of people in the line waiting, very professional, and excellent drawing! Thanks Silu my guests loved your work!
- How long is the act?Two hours minimum per event is recommended. The live caricature is a natural process and the maximum speed is acquired after the first few drawings. Depending on the complexity, the quickest drawings can take less than 3! minutes. The average is 10 drawings/hour. The number of drawings per hour is related to the size of the gaps between drawings (usually, I'm very busy so the gaps are minimum) and to the complexity of the models.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?For a successful live caricature event, we need 1. Decent lighting, indoors, in the drawing area. A place close to a window or a source of light is best. 2. Two chairs normal size (three if I have to draw couples). 3. A small table is helpful for my tools and to present some drawings for your guests to know what to expect. 4. Shaded area, outdoor. Sunlight can be very powerful and its reflection on paper makes the drawing process very challenging.
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?I arrive always at least 30 minutes / 1 hour earlier to discuss every detail and to be sure we can set up the event best way.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes.
- Can we personalise every drawing with our logo & branding?The artwork looks better by itself, as well, some of your guests will like to have the freedom to frame only the portrait. Still, if it is important for your business/event, you can have your logo or other symbols at the bottom of the front page, but it is preferable to keep it as simple as possible. I'll be happy to add stickers (preferable - you can choose the quality of printing etc.) provided by you at the bottom of every front page. Alternatively, you can have your logo printed, black & white (it works only for black and white with no shades), for free, for a limited number of sheets, 10 per every hour of the event. The backside of the sheet contains info for your guests to can learn more about the artist and story behind the art - "why I draw - find out about my artistic philosophy". The understanding of why and how the artist chose to express himself thru his work, makes the art experience more complete.
- What experience do you have working with children?I think there are no better models for cartoons than kids. I have developed a poignant way of drawing children and have received wonderful feedback. For more on this, please check my gallery and the certified review on Poptop UK Event Booking by Andrew Shires @ Polka Theatre - children’s theatre in Wimbledon. I know I'm doing something special when they don't leave without telling me: "I want to draw like you!".
- Do you do caricatures from photos prior to the events/weddings?If you think you'll be too busy during your event to attend the live session (bride and groom) and you book live caricature for your guests only, you can choose to have your caricature done prior your event. The drawing will be delivered on my arriver, before the live event. Please let me know if you need this service to be included in your quote.