Add a live art experience to your event which you and your guests will remember - Please request a FREE QUOTE for more details!
CHOOSE FOR YOUR GUESTS TO FEEL FLATTERED (NOT OFFENDED)
Unlike classical caricature, my portraits reveal a pleasant appearance, not the ugliness and grotesque. The constant feedback I receive is: "I'm more beautiful in your drawing than in reality."
Individual portraits on A4 size (200gsm paper) is the best choice for the clarity of details and speed. The portraits, ready to be framed, are delivered to your guests protected in premium transparent folders. Multiple portraits one the same sheet can be drawn, as well, but can take longer, so single drawings are preferable. The average is 10 drawings/hour. The number of drawings per hour is related to the size of the gaps between drawings (usually, there are no gaps, my drawings are so popular as people waiting in a queue for one) and to the complexity of the models. For every 2 hours, I may need...
Chandni• 26 Apr 2019
Silu did a great job and the quality of the drawings were top notch. Would absolutely book him again!
Andrew Shires• 8 Dec 2018
Silu was a fantastic addition to the day. His drawings were very entertaining, and he much them in his warm and friendly demeanour. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed his presence at the event. I thoroughly recommend Silu for any event!
Alvin Tellis• 1 Jun 2019
Good showed up 1 hour early everyone loved him
AMANDA HUMPHREYS• 13 Apr 2019
Thank you Silu for adding the perfect touch to our evening. You gave something extra to our event . Highly recommended.
Simon Howarth• 26 Jan 2019
Silu arrived on time and was very unassuming, he worked non stop for the whole time! He even stayed a little longer to complete the last few drawings of people in the line waiting, very professional, and excellent drawing! Thanks Silu my guests loved your work!
- Can we personalise every drawing with our logo & branding?The artwork looks better by itself. Still, if it is important for your business, you can have your logo or other symbols at the bottom of the front page, but it is preferable to keep it as simple as possible. I'll be happy to add stickers (preferable - you can choose the quality of printing etc.) provided by you at the bottom of every front page or, alternatively, you can have your logo printed, black & white, for free, for a limited number of sheets, 10 per every hour of the event. The back side of the sheet contains info for your guests to can find more about the artist and story behind the art. The understanding of why and how the artist chose to express himself thru his work adds value to the art experience and the artworks.
- Working from a stationary position or walking around?***I don't walk around, because I don't need to, find out why | My drawings are pretty popular and, usually, I'm stuck in a chair for hours drawing people, while others wait for a drawing. So I can't, or there's no point to mix and mingle with your guest, as my goal is making your guest happy by doing as many drawings as possible. I have, from time to time, requests to mingle with guests, but after the first drawings, usually, I became so busy as there is no reason and time for me to walk around. ***You don't want for your guests to be stuck waiting for a drawing | I'll be happy to give them numbers if they don't want to wait. Usually, this can be helpful for big parties and weddings. Please let me know if you think this is necessary when you book me. ***You don't have space or chairs | I enjoy drawing in any condition, seated or standing (See "Drawing people on London streets" project on Live Caricature page, below), still, my aim is to deliver only the best live art experiences and portraits to your guests. The best results in live caricature, the quality of drawings and speed, are achieved when we, me and my model, are seated. A table is helpful but may not be necessary if there is no space, but 2 chairs, is a minimum request for a good successful live caricature event which results in lots of happy guests. If there is no way to have at least two chairs for live caricature, unfortunately, for technical reasons, I can't attend your event. ***You think it's a good idea for your guests to interact with the artist | The best portraits are made during the interaction with the model. In fact, this is really helpful for me to add a personal touch in their portrait. I'm happy to interact with your guests while I'm drawing if they are interested to find more about what is behind my art, and not only. ***You want your guests to have their portraits done while their eating (that will never happen :)) | I'm happy to draw your guest while they're talking and enjoying the moment of being models for a few minutes, mostly for the first time in their life. I choose to don't draw people who don't want a portrait, it ignores or doesn't enjoy the process. These are totally undesirable situations, don't generate good vibes and doesn't give the best results in art when it's about portraits.
- Why you're more into paper and markers versus digital caricature?I used graphics software and computers to draw for 12 years and I can say there's nothing more expressive and spectacular for making art and especially live caricature than simple tools like markers and paper. The accuracy of how emotions are transposed in lines and the expressivity of a drawing is incomparable higher comparing with any digital tools of the moment. The drawing speed is higher, as well, that means more drawings for you.
- What experience do you have working with children?I think there are no better models for cartoons than kids. I have developed a poignant way of drawing children and have received wonderful feedback. For more on this, please check my gallery and the certified review on Poptop UK Event Booking by Andrew Shires @ Polka Theatre - children’s theatre in Wimbledon. I know I'm doing something special when they don't leave without telling me: "I want to draw like you!".
- Do you do caricatures from photos prior to the events/weddings?Yes. If you hire me to do live caricature for your guests only, you can choose to have your caricature done (bride and groom etc.) prior to the event from photos if you think you'll be too busy during your event to attend the live session. Please let me know if you need this service to be included in your quote. Thank you!
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?I always arrive at least 30 minutes / 1-hour earlier, to discuss every detail and to be sure we can set the event how is convenient for you. As well, I arrive earlier to prepare myself, to be in the best shape when the event starts.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?1. Decent lighting (indoors) 2. Two chairs normal size 3. A small table is helpful for my tools and to present some drawings. 4. Shaded area (outdoor), if possible. The sunlight is very powerful and reflected from the paper makes the drawing process more challenging.
- How long is the act?Minimum of 2 hours per event. The live caricature is a natural process and the maximum speed is acquired after the first few drawings. Depending on the complexity, the quickest drawings can take less than 3! minutes.