Add a live art experience to your event which you and your guests will remember - Please request a FREE QUOTE for more details!
CHOOSE FOR YOUR GUESTS TO FEEL FLATTERED (NOT OFFENDED)
Unlike classical caricature, my portraits reveal a pleasant appearance, not the ugliness and grotesque. The constant feedback I receive is: "I'm more beautiful in your drawing than in reality."
Individual portraits on A4 size (200gsm paper) is the best choice for the clarity of details and speed. The portraits, ready to be framed, are delivered to your guests for free protected in transparent folders. I'm happy to draw multiple portraits, couples or a maximum of three portraits on the same sheet (occasionally), as well, but compositions are more complex and can be slightly slower. The average is 10 single portraits/hour. The number of drawings per hour is related to the size of the gaps between drawings (usually, the gaps are minimum, my drawings are so popular as people waiting in a que...
Andrew Shires• 8 Dec 2018
Silu was a fantastic addition to the day. His drawings were very entertaining, and he much them in his warm and friendly demeanour. Many guests commented on how much they enjoyed his presence at the event. I thoroughly recommend Silu for any event!
AMANDA HUMPHREYS• 13 Apr 2019
Thank you Silu for adding the perfect touch to our evening. You gave something extra to our event . Highly recommended.
Sarah• 15 Jun 2019
I would rate Silu 10 out of 10 if I could! What a lovely chap. He arrived early and was sketching virtually constantly the whole time he was there, he even stayed on later than his booked time to finish off a couple of people, which was extremely appreciated by us. Everyone loved having their caricatures drawn and it was a fun addition to our celebration after our wedding. I would not hesitate to book Silu should we have another event in the future. I definitely highly recommended him.
Maryann Mcmahon• 2 Jun 2019
Silu was great, he worked hard to draw everyone.
His drawings capture a true image of the person he draws.
Fantastic service and I was also really impressed with the quality of the paper and also the folders he provided for each picture he drew. Silu is a great professional and I will be sure to hire him again as well as recommend him to others. Thank you silu for making our event one to remember.
Simon Howarth• 26 Jan 2019
Silu arrived on time and was very unassuming, he worked non stop for the whole time! He even stayed a little longer to complete the last few drawings of people in the line waiting, very professional, and excellent drawing! Thanks Silu my guests loved your work!
- How long is the act?Minimum of 2 hours per event. The live caricature is a natural process and the maximum speed is acquired after the first few drawings. Depending on the complexity, the quickest drawings can take less than 3! minutes.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?Live caricature is best with... 1. Decent lighting, indoors. 2. Two chairs normal size. 3. A small table is helpful for my tools and to present some drawings for your guests to know what to expect. 4. Shaded area, outdoor. Sunlight can be very powerful and its reflection on paper makes the drawing process more challenging.
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?I arrive always at least 30 minutes / 1 hour earlier to discuss every detail and to be sure we can set up the event best way.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes.
- Can we personalise every drawing with our logo & branding?The artwork looks better by itself. Still, if it is important for your business, you can have your logo or other symbols at the bottom of the front page, but it is preferable to keep it as simple as possible. I'll be happy to add stickers (preferable - you can choose the quality of printing etc.) provided by you at the bottom of every front page or, alternatively, you can have your logo printed, black & white, for free, for a limited number of sheets, 10 per every hour of the event. The back side of the sheet contains info for your guests to can find more about the artist and story behind the art. The understanding of why and how the artist chose to express himself thru his work adds value to the art experience and the artworks.
- What experience do you have working with children?I think there are no better models for cartoons than kids. I have developed a poignant way of drawing children and have received wonderful feedback. For more on this, please check my gallery and the certified review on Poptop UK Event Booking by Andrew Shires @ Polka Theatre - children’s theatre in Wimbledon. I know I'm doing something special when they don't leave without telling me: "I want to draw like you!".
- Do you do caricatures from photos prior to the events/weddings?Yes. If you hire me to do live caricature for your guests only, you can choose to have your caricature done (bride and groom etc.) prior to the event from photos if you think you'll be too busy during your event to attend the live session. Please let me know if you need this service to be included in your quote. Thank you!
- Why you're more into paper and markers versus digital caricature?I used graphics software and computers to draw for 12 years and I can say there's nothing more expressive and spectacular for making art and especially live caricature than simple tools like markers and paper. The accuracy of how emotions are transposed in lines and the expressivity of a drawing is incomparable higher comparing with any digital tools of the moment. The drawing speed is higher, as well, that means more drawings for you.
- Working from a stationary position or walking around?Walking around is not the best way of doing live caricature and is rarely necessary | The best and most effective way of doing live caricature, the quality of drawings and speed, is from sitting. I enjoy drawing in any condition, seated or standing, still, my aim is to deliver only the best live art experiences and portraits to your guests, so even if I'm happy to do anything to achieve the best results for your event (I always interact with guests, if necessary, and I invite them to have a drawing in a friendly way), I deny invitations to events where walking around must be the only approach. My drawings are pretty popular and, usually, I'm stuck in a chair for hours drawing people, while others wait for a drawing. So I can't, or there's no point to mix and mingle with your guest, as my goal is making your guest happy by doing as many drawings as possible. I have, from time to time, requests to mingle with guests, but after the first drawings, usually, I became so busy as there is no reason and time for me to walk around. A table is helpful but may not be necessary if there is no space, but 2 chairs is a minimum request for a good successful live caricature event which results in lots of happy guests. If there is no way for you to have at least two chairs at your event for live caricature, unfortunately, for technical reasons, I can't attend your event. Be a model | To draw portraits I need to see faces and to be able to interact with your guests, this is how they enjoy the drawing process and the art experience. I'm happy to draw people while they're talking and enjoying the moment of being models for a few minutes, mostly for the first time in their life, but I don't do portraits walking around the tables during the meal and I choose to don't draw people who don't want a portrait, it ignores or doesn't enjoy the process. These are totally undesirable situations, don't generate good vibes and doesn't give the best results in art when it's about portraits. You don't want for your guests to be stuck waiting for a drawing | Even if people can have great fun while waiting for a drawing as they talk, laugh, and even applause sometimes, if you think is better for them to don't wait, I'll be happy to give them numbers. Usually, this can be helpful for big parties and weddings. Please let me know if you think this is necessary when you book me. You think it's a good idea for your guests to interact with the artist | The best portraits are made during the interaction with the model. In fact, this is really helpful for me to add a personal touch in their portrait. I'm happy to interact with your guests while I'm drawing if they are interested to find more about what is behind my art and not only.