I am a full time magician and entertainer based in exeter. I provide the following services or combination of services:
Children's magic shows
For 4-8 year olds I provide a fun interactive and amazing magic show. The birthday child always is the star of the show and receives a special certificate for helping out. Suitable for all sizes of audience from 6 children to 100.
As one of the leading balloon twisters in the Southwest, there is not much I cant make out of balloons. From simple quick designs for larger parties or time is limited, to multi balloon sculptures such as superheros, princesses, cartoon characters and many more.
Workshops and older children
For children 8 and above I offer a more mind blowing magic show. Stronger magic and lots of interaction and audience participation. I then run a balloon modelling workshop where the children can have a go at balloon twisting and show their friends.
Close up magic
For special occasions and events I ...
Emily Tutcher• 17 Feb 2019
Great entertainment for my son’s 5th birthday. The balloons were amazing and Simon made sure that he had covered everyone that wanted a balloon model in the hour that we had. Would highly recommend - thank you
Sharon Bentley• 25 Aug 2018
Simon was professional throughout his show. He did some amazing tricks that the adults are still trying to work out, let alone the children. His Balloon modelling was second to none. I asked the 11/12 year olds and they gave him between an 8 and 12 out of 10. Would highly recommend him
- Do you do open-air acts?I do perform outdoors but I also request a wet weather contingency plan. Card tricks and balloons can be difficult in a gale!
- How long is the act?My children's magic show is generally 30-45 minutes depending on the age group, My balloon modelling is charged per the hour although discounted rates apply if booked for over 4 hours. Generally I recommend an hour per 20 children in order to get a great multi-balloon model. For my more complex balloons for adults I advise 1 hour per 6-8 tables as each balloon takes about 5-8 minutes to make. Close up magic is for how ever long is required. For events such as weddings I advise an hour if under 60 guests, 2 hours for up to 150. I also have the option of working with and recommending other magicians for larger functions.
- How many people will you perform for?Small groups around the dinner table up to a magic show for a school theatre.
- How long do you need to set up?I normally arrive 20-30 minutes before my scheduled start time for close up magic and children's shows. For just balloon modelling I have a shorter setup time
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes. I am insured through Equity to a value of £10,000000
- What experience do you have working with children?I am a father myself and look after my son during the week, I have been performing for children for over 10 years now. I am also a volunteer for a local youth group which has given me invaluable experience with older children
- Are you DBS checked?Yes. Although not required as I am not in a supervisory role, I do have an up to date dbs certificate through the youth group.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?No. You can have as many children as you wish as long as there is suitable adult supervision. For larger parties it may not be possible to make everyone a balloon in yhe time permitted.