‘What a beautiful voice!’
Boy George (listening to Ruby singing at Leicester Square Station)
‘Ruby was absolutely fantastic at our wedding reception. She has a very unique and beautiful voice and is every ounce the professional. I cannot recommend her enough!’
Jade Vlada (Wedding, Hilton Cobham, Cobham, Surrey)
Clients/Venues include: 5 star Hotels in London, The Berkeley (Knightsbridge, London) The Ampersand Hotel (Kensington, London), St Ermin’s Hotel (Westminster, London) The Fox Club (Mayfair, London) The Concorde Club, (Jazz club, Southampton.)
Vintage Ruby is a professional Jazz, Blues & Swing singer based in Folkestone, who regularly travels to London and all over the UK and beyond to sing for her clients. Her repertoire covers songs from the 1920s to the present day.
Ruby has a beautifully soft jazz voice, reminiscent of the classic jazz and blues singers of the 1930s and 1940s.
She can turn her hand to any vintage themed event, from 1920s Gatsby, 1930s and ...
Rachel Fisher• 25 Nov 2018
Absolutely fantastic. Ruby sang for my Nans 90th Birthday she had the whole family up dancing and singing along. We really enjoyed the afternoon and she made it so special. I would highly recommend her.
Sally• 8 Dec 2018
Vintage Ruby was just great! She got everyone singing and even up dancing! She’s got an amazing voice - I think we will be seeing her again!
Thank you 😍
Jeanette• 31 Jan 2017
We all had a lovely time and ruby was excellent and made the day perfect . So many people who live in my mums retirement property said how much they enjoyed it. Ruby engaged all that was there from 18 months to 95 . Yhankyou Ruby you made a day special
Charlotte Mallyon• 28 Jun 2017
Absolutely amazing!!! Definitely would recommend.
Thank you for performing for my wedding. Xx
Joanne• 12 Jun 2017
Fab singer, a lovely lady and a really enjoyable party, everyone commented on how unique and lovely it was x
- Who are your previous clients?Clients/Venues include: St Ermin's Hotel (Westminster, London), The Fox Club (Mayfair, London), The Berkeley (Knightsbridge, London), Global Thinkers Forums Awards for Excellence Gala (London), The British Library (London), The Ampersand Hotel (Kensington, London), Watermen's Hall (London), Skinners Hall (London), The Concorde Club (Southampton), Canary Wharf Group (London), The Hilton Hotel, (Cobham, Surrey), The French House (Dulwich & Crystal Palace restaurants), Coworth Park Hotel (Ascot), Winchester Cathedral (Winchester) Festival of Marketing (London), Tobacco Dock (London), The Victorian Bathhouse (London), Found In Music (Folkestone), Pink Bear Events (Hertfordshire) Carano Art, Crafts & Vintage Events (Folkestone), The Grand Hotel (Folkestone), Southeastern Trains (Margate), Barking Folk Festival (London), Holiday Inn (Elstree), Festival of Jim (Lewes), The Erasmus Boat (River Thames, London), Horsley Towers (Horsley, Surrey), Mount Edgecumbe (Torpoint, Cornwall), Hawkchurch Resort & Spa Ltd (Axminster), The Wedding Fair (Folkestone), Town Hall Hotel (Bethnal Green, London) SouthWestFest Festival (Pimlico, London), The Discovery Centre (Sandwich), The Mayor's Office, Stevenage Borough Council (Stevenage), The Alzheimers Society (London), Bupa Care Homes (London)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have three different PA systems: small, medium and large which caters for small venues like care homes to large venues for weddings. They are all high quality PA systems-RCF speakers for the medium and large PAs and a Shure SM58 microphone and the vintage style 'Elvis' Shure blue and silver microphone for vintage events. My small and medium PA systems don't require electricity. I don't have my own lighting.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I sing at all kinds of events, including private events such as weddings, christenings, anniversaries and birthdays and public and community events like street parties and tea parties. I also sing at bars, restaurants and hotels. Many of my bookings are for vintage themed events and I can dress to fit in with the theme, such as a Great Gatsby wedding, 1940s wartime event or 1950s Rock 'n' Roll party. I also sing at corporate events such as Christmas parties.
- How much space do you require?Not much at all! Approx 3ft x 4 ft and a small table.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I normally take a 10-15 minute break between sets. I can be flexible with my sets and breaks, e.g. if I'm singing at a wedding and I need to take longer breaks around the speeches etc then this will be fine.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, as long as I have some notice I can learn the song for you.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I have full Public Liability Insurance for £10,000,000 through the Musician's Union
- How long do you play for?I sing for the following lengths of time. During any breaks I can play music through my PA system. I would normally take a 10-15 minute break between sets: 2 x 30 mins/ 1 x 60 mins 2 x 45 mins 2 x 60 mins 3 x 45 mins 4 x 45 mins
Ain’t Misbehavin’ (1929)
At Sundown (1927)
Bugle Call Rag (1923)
Bye Bye Blackbird (1926)
Do, Do, Do (1926)
I Love My Baby, (My Baby Loves Me) (1925)
It Had To Be You (192...