After moving from Gloucestershire aged 16 to study music, Ruby is now a full time singer, cellist and pianist. She is London based and accompanies herself with cello or piano or performs on either solo without vocals. She also sings acapella or alongside another accompanist if a client wishes. Ruby has been performing in churches, at weddings and similar events from a young age and has huge experience in different audience situations.
Lizzie Thick• 13 Dec 2018
Ruby sang for us at our charity concert in aid of Maggie's Cancer care and was a joy. She filled the church and was professional throughout.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I have performed mainly at weddings and live gigs but also local beer festivals, small fetes, birthdays etc.
- How long do you play for?Set lengths will depend on what the client wishes. I can sing one song at an event or up to 2 hours of cello and/or piano/vocals.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own simple PA but not lighting as it usually doesn't suit the mood and set up.
- How much space do you require?Not much! Depending on whether you wish for me to play both piano and cello, the space will vary. Either way, both instruments can be neatly tucked away or spread out for a bigger set up.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I am happy to learn a song per event that is not on my repertoire list, any other special songs you require after this are an extra £30
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I tend to do 2 30 minute sets with a 10 minute break inbetween. This is the case for both cello and piano performance.
- Will you attend the wedding rehearsal?No, I don't attend wedding rehearsals but I am happy to discuss as much as you need to before the event and will be in contact 3-4 days before the big day.
- What do you usually wear?I usually wear dressy black but I am happy to wear something more colourful if you wish
- What does the usual wedding set require?These are the points during a wedding service that people usually require music; whether it be me playing solo cello or singing a special song or two. 20 mins light cello music prior to the processional The wedding party’s processional The bride’s processional Any special parts of the ceremony i.e. in place of a hymn As the signing of the register, often a quiet moment The recessional Postlude; 5-10 minutes of music following the recessional, as people leave
Ruby is extremely versatile and performs an eclectic mix of pop and jazz songs or has a set list of standard classical repertoire. All set lists can be catered to the client and Ruby is more than happ...