Vintage singer, Rose Lancaster, takes you on a journey of the timeless classics!
From the 1920s, through the swing, romance and jazz of the 30s, 40s and 50s. Rose has been singing professionally for ten years and now performs her vintage entertainment all over the UK.
Inspired by the voices of Ella Fitzgerald, Vera Lynn, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, The Andrews Sisters and many more; Rose gives an authentic, sophisticated and elegant performance. Based in Brighton, East Sussex, Rose trained at the renowned Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. You will often hear her accompanying vintage themed events, festivals and weddings.
An accomplished singer, Rose has performed as a soloist at festivals such as Shelsley Walsh Nostalgia Weekend, Operation Dynamo 75th Anniversary Weekend (Ramsgate), the Military World Show and Southern at War at The Bluebell Railway. Rose has also performed at prestigious venues such as the Natural History Museum, Sandhurst Military Academy, Conway Hall, The Shaw Theatre and Theatre Royal Drury Lane. She also recently performed at the press party for opening night of 'Pressure' the play (Ambassadors, West End), singing for guests such as Sir Patrick Stewart, Bertie Carvel and Imelda Staunton.
Rose works extensively in the corporate world and also sings in bars, restaurants and at cabarets. She has also been interviewed and featured in Vintage Life Magazine and in 2016, released a successful charity album, ‘A Rose-Tinted Christmas’, and raised £1800 for Brake.
AS• Aug. 22, 2019
Rose sang at a large event for us - and the service provided was great. She was professional and amenable to deal with both prior to, and during the event. The song set worked perfectly for the audience and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the performance. We wouldn't hesitate to book Rose Vintage Vocals again - Highly recommended!
Charlie Leigh• June 21, 2019
Rose was a lovely lady and had such a beautiful voice. Many of the residents commented on how she had a nice way about her generally too. Definitely perfect for the tea party event we had and recommend.
Marilyn Lok• Jan. 29, 2019
Rose was wonderful with the “oldies” - although we had 6 songs for them to join in with a sing- a- long they joined in with everything!! She encouraged people to join in and to get up and dance, my 90 year old mum was up dancing with her friends. It was absolutely wonderful and they haven’t stopped talking about it - a wonderful time was had by all. One of the highlights was a lady,who doesn’t interact much and is wheelchair bound, as soon as Rose started singing she was tapping her hands and was swaying in time to the music - an emotional moment. My mother was unaware that we had booked Rose who managed to set up very discretely, she was very friendly and accommodating. The guests were thrilled with her choice of songs and commented on her lovely voice. She was the highlight of the 90th party celebrations - Would recommend her 100%
Linda• Jan. 13, 2019
Rose was really great everyone had a lovely time. She has an amazing voice and the choice of songs were great.
Linda Douglas• Jan. 5, 2019
Rose was wonderful. She sang beautifully and looked lovely in vintage style. She is also charming and was very nice to communicate with both before and during the party. I would certainly recommend her.
Emily Kenward• Dec. 8, 2018
What an incredible pleasure it was to have Rose perform at our Christmas party! The older people who attended rarely get out of the house so for them the whole event was very special! Rose acted with grace and was a total professional. She sang and performed beautifully - in fact one lady said it a was a shame she had to stop because the event came to an end! It was wonderful watching people singing along with Rose around the room. She was so popular that someone asked for her details for a party in their seniors housing scheme next year and we will absolutely be in touch with Rose again to perform at future events.
Services From Rose Vintage Vocals
Solo Vintage Singer - Wedding Reception
Solo Vintage Singer
Solo Vintage Singer - Wedding Ceremony
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate, Parties, Balls, Vintage Fairs, Festivals...all kinds!
- Who are your previous clients?Shelsley Walsh Nostalgia Weekend Operation Dynamo 75th Anniversary Weekend (Ramsgate) Military World Show The Bluebell Railway London Business School Natural History Museum Sandhurst Military Academy
- How long do you play for?I usually work around sets which can be of variable lengths. Please see my fee options for set lengths, but I am always happy to negotiate.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have two PA systems - one is smaller and can be battery powered. I also have two microphones; one stand up vintage mic and one wireless handheld mic. I do not have lighting options.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I have PLI up to £10,000,000 and all my equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?I'm very portable and everything from 2mx2m is fine!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I'm always happy to learn new repertoire. My sets in general are jazz, vintage and swing. I'm happy to learn the odd contemporary number as a special song but won't do long sets of pop music (ie. Adele) as that't not my aesthetic. That being said, I love singing jazz covers of pop songs, so do ask!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?These can be negotiated and depends on required set lengths. If you require an extended break there may be a small surcharge.
Rose is always learning new repertoire and is always happy to learn new repertoire for you! Here are the more popular songs that Rose performs in her sets.
All Of Me
All The Things You Are
A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
As Time Goes By
Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
Chatanooga Choo Choo
Cheek To Cheek
Dream A Little Dream Of Me
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
A Fine Romance
Fly Me To The Moon
Have You Met Miss Jones?
I Get A Kick Out Of You
I Got Rhythm
In The Mood
It Had To Be You
It's Only A Paper Moon
The Lady Is A Tramp
Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall In Love)
Lullaby of Birdland
Mean To Me
Meet You At The Moon
My Funny Valentine
Over The Rainbow
Someone To Watch Over Me
That Ole Devil Called Love
They Can't Take That Away From Me
The Way You Look Tonight
When I Fall In Love
Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye
We’ll Meet Again
When The Lights Go On Again
If I Knew You Were Coming I’d Have Baked A Cake
There’ll Always Be An England
I’ll Be Seeing You
White Cliffs Of Dover
When You Wish Upon A Star
Sing As We Go
Now Is The Hour
Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree
Be Like The Kettle And Sing
(Also includes Andrews Sisters numbers previously listed)
Christmas (Jazz arrangements):
The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting)
It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
In The Bleak Midwinter
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
What Are You Doing NYE?