Rose Vintage Vocals
Vintage singer, Rose Lancaster, takes you on a journey of the timeless classics!
From the 1920s, through the swing, romance and jazz of the 30s, 40s and 50s. Rose has been singing professionally for ten years and now performs her vintage entertainment all over the UK.
Inspired by the voices of Ella Fitzgerald, Vera Lynn, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, The Andrews Sisters and many more; Rose gives an authentic, sophisticated and elegant performance. Based in Brighton, East Sussex, Rose trained at the renowned Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. You will often hear her accompanying vintage themed events, festivals and weddings.
An accomplished singer, Rose has performed as a soloist at festivals such as Shelsley Walsh Nostalgia Weekend, Operation Dynamo 75th Anniversary Weekend (Ramsgate), the Military World Show and Southern at War at The Bluebell Railway. Rose has also performed at prestigious venues such as the Natural History Museum, Sandhurst Military Academy, Conway Hall, The Shaw Th...
Marilyn Lok• 29 Jan 2019
Rose was wonderful with the “oldies” - although we had 6 songs for them to join in with a sing- a- long they joined in with everything!! She encouraged people to join in and to get up and dance, my 90 year old mum was up dancing with her friends. It was absolutely wonderful and they haven’t stopped talking about it - a wonderful time was had by all. One of the highlights was a lady,who doesn’t interact much and is wheelchair bound, as soon as Rose started singing she was tapping her hands and w...
Charlie Leigh• 21 Jun 2019
Rose was a lovely lady and had such a beautiful voice. Many of the residents commented on how she had a nice way about her generally too. Definitely perfect for the tea party event we had and recommend.
Amanda Young• 7 Jul 2018
Rose Vintage Vocals performed an intimate set especially for my parents on their anniversary. According to them, this performance was “incredible” and ”wow”! Lots of beautiful 40’s 50’s and 60’s classics were just perfect to relax and dance to. She was great at quickly responding to my booking online which was helpful as it was a last minute request. Very friendly and would book again. Many thanks for making it a very special and memorable afternoon.
Linda Douglas• 5 Jan 2019
Rose was wonderful. She sang beautifully and looked lovely in vintage style. She is also charming and was very nice to communicate with both before and during the party. I would certainly recommend her.
AS• 22 Aug 2019
Rose sang at a large event for us - and the service provided was great. She was professional and amenable to deal with both prior to, and during the event. The song set worked perfectly for the audience and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the performance. We wouldn't hesitate to book Rose Vintage Vocals again - Highly recommended!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate, Parties, Balls, Vintage Fairs, Festivals...all kinds!
- Who are your previous clients?Shelsley Walsh Nostalgia Weekend Operation Dynamo 75th Anniversary Weekend (Ramsgate) Military World Show The Bluebell Railway London Business School Natural History Museum Sandhurst Military Academy
- How long do you play for?I usually work around sets which can be of variable lengths. Please see my fee options for set lengths, but I am always happy to negotiate.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have two PA systems - one is smaller and can be battery powered. I also have two microphones; one stand up vintage mic and one wireless handheld mic. I do not have lighting options.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I have PLI up to £10,000,000 and all my equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?I'm very portable and everything from 2mx2m is fine!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I'm always happy to learn new repertoire. My sets in general are jazz, vintage and swing. I'm happy to learn the odd contemporary number as a special song but won't do long sets of pop music (ie. Adele) as that't not my aesthetic. That being said, I love singing jazz covers of pop songs, so do ask!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?These can be negotiated and depends on required set lengths. If you require an extended break there may be a small surcharge.
Rose is always learning new repertoire and is always happy to learn new repertoire for you! Here are the more popular songs that Rose performs in her sets.
Ain't Misbehavin' ...