Roller are a professional live band based in Surrey in the UK, specialising primarily in weddings, corporate and private functions, playing all the relevant genres of music, with the ability to throw in a Celtic twist (with our top fiddle players) wherever needed. Rollercoaster will work any crowd, connecting with all ages, and generating the perfect party atmosphere!
Will and Jules• 11 May 2019
On behalf of Jules and I, can I please extend a massive thank you for last weekend.
You and the rest of the band were absolutely fantastic.
From I will wait through to Champagne Supernova, everyone loved it and we’ve had loads of compliments directed your way! We think a few might be in touch for future bookings.
Many thanks again for playing a pivotal role in an absolutely incredible day.
Will and Jules, Wedding Reception, Came House, Dorchester, May 2019.
Anna and James• 4 May 2019
We just wanted to send through a note to say thank you so much to you and the band. We honestly cannot thank you enough – without you and the band the
reception could not have come together and music stood out as one of the things that made our wedding so much more personal.
Additionally, thank you for being so responsive to our numerous emails and calls in the run up to the wedding – it gave me piece of mind and definitely helped the day run smoothly
Please also pass our thanks on to the ...
Claires• 1 Jan 1970
I am really awestruck at your performance. You made my day at my 50th birthday. The way you played it was rocking. Everyone around enjoyed thoroughly. From small children, teenagers to adults everyone started dancing. I saw you first in the wedding of my niece. I made my mind then that you are performing at my party. And see? I loved every moment of it. You guys are now heroes of my event. Hope to bring you back soon.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional Live Band, offering pop, rock'n'party with a Celtic Twist
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing Brixton Academy, London Astoria, tracks being played on Radio 1, Sky... albums being released worldwide... tracks being used on Hollywood films (Grown Ups 2, Blended). The band CV is wide ranging - playing Buckingham Palace, touring with Bob Geldof, playing Stings birthday etc.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a professional band who have been playing together for 32 years - with an immense amount of experience. We offer the Celtic twist, with the fiddle players, can do bolt on Ceilidh sessions, and DJ in between sets. We aim to offer pure quality of music and performance - which is why we play for 2 x 1hour sets (or 3 x 40mins)... rather than 5 hours sets!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, and significant birthday parties.
- Who are your previous clients?We play large and small – from the headline slot at The Cheltenham Gold Cup Irish Day, or the Annual Gala Dinner for Clinique at Gleneagles, to an intimate company event. Bookings for Christmas parties have included Rugby Football Union at Twickenham, Imperial Tobacco Christmas Party in Bristol, Sommerfield Summer Party etc. Past clients have included Recent clients include Formula One Management, Clinique, Imperial Tobacco, The Jockey Club, Rugby Footbal Union, Co-Op, Teaching Personel, The Pop Factory Cardiff (MusicTV Awards Aftershow), Kempton Park, Sandown, and Cheltenham racecourses, British Heart Foundation, Calyon Financial, Credit Suisse, Wentworth Golf Club, Heathmount School Annual PTA Ball, Avanti Media, Macfarlanes. We also played the drummer from Pacebo's wedding... and Margot Robbies mother-in-law!!
- How can event planners pay for your services?50% deposit via BACS to confirm. Final balance via BACS 1 week before event.
- How long do you play for?2 x 1hour, or 3 x 40 minutes. We DJ in between sets at no extra cost.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, full PA and lighting, to cover events up to 500 people.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes.
- How much space do you require?Standard band space - though we ask for 3m deep by 5m wide.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With 3 month notice, we will learn a first dance. If we don't play the song you like, then we can DJ it, if you supply us with a list of songs (a Spotify list) 1 month in advance.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This depends on how late we start. We arrive at 6pm, are setup by 8pm.... If we started at 8, we would play 3 sets, and space them - possibly DJ for the last 45 minutes... it totally depends on the night, and the clients wishes.
- Are there any extras to be aware of?You will need to take into account meals for the band... we ask for them before we play, preferably when we arrive. With the food for the band - we ask for meals, as when it gets busy( 3-4 gigs a week, with long distances travelled), we wouldn’t survive on sandwiches… and this is just from experience. The venues / caterers often offer crew meals - like lasagne or cottage pie - which is cheaper, and worth asking about. The fees are actually kept low, so that we can have meals included - and we know they are an expense with the caterers (of course, I understand the fee is relative to the band you are hiring)
1 - Crazy Little Thing
2 - Buttercup
3 - Footloose
4 - Shut Up And Dance
5 - Marry You
6 - Here Comes The Sun
7 - Youre the first the last my everything
8 - Higher and Higher
9 - Twist And Sho...