Robin Hay Bagpiper for Hire
Robin Hay the Piper, 30 years of piping experience. Available for Weddings, Parties, Burns' Suppers, Corporate Events or Reunions, the sound of finely tuned Highland Bagpipes is guaranteed to create a lasting memory forever.
• Trained at the world famous College of Piping.
• Competed in solo and pipeband competitions across the UK.
• Invited to play the bagpipes on Clyde 1 and Clyde 2 radio stations.
• Entertained at many weddings, corporate and charity events across Scotland.
• Played at numerous venues to pipe in the bells at Hogmanay.
• Played alongside the famous indian dhol drums at unique Scottish-Asian event at Edin Uni.
• Play a fabulous selection of Marches, Slow airs, Strathspeys, Jigs and Reels.
Karen Ramsay• Dec. 31, 2019
Thank you so much for bringing the magic to our wedding at Gleskirlie Castle on Hogmanay. The service from start to finish was fantastic and very professional. He even learned a new song for my aisle entrance which was fantastic!! Everyone had a fantastic day and I would highly recommend Robin if you are looking for a bagpiper for your big day or event! K&D x
Mark• Nov. 3, 2019
Thanks Robin for being our piper, we can't thank you enough you really made the day special
Charlotte Brown• July 27, 2019
Superb in every way from first communication to piping us out of our wedding ceremony. Robin was friendly, professional and helpful!
Linda Rafuse (Nova Scotia, Canada)• May 10, 2019
Robin played for our son and fiance's wedding at St. Anthony's Chapel Ruins, Holyrood Park, Edinburgh. His presence and his music completed the whole ceremony. Robin is such a lovely man, very sociable and kind. He piped Evan and Lindsay up the path to the ruins, and of course, piped her in to her waiting groom as the ceremony began. Robin was very punctual arriving in plenty of time for the wedding. His hiring was very easy to arrange as he was very punctual in responding to all emails. I would highly recommend this wonderful Bagpiper, Robin Hay and would definitely hire again if we ever had another event in Edinburgh.
Sarah• July 28, 2019
Robin was absolutely amazing. He was incredibly helpful on the lead up to our wedding, answering any questions we had (which were quite a few!), he helped suggest music which we were very happy with. On the day, his piping was beautiful, really added that special touch. Lovely rendition of highland cathedral for my entrance! He was so friendly and approachable, many of our guests enjoyed listening to him perform and chatting to him. You can tell he really enjoys what he does. I would highly recommend Robin, a terrific piper and lovely man!
Lotte• July 27, 2019
Robin was superb from initial communication, ensuring the repertoire was to our liking and to piping us out as Mr and Mrs. Our overseas guests were delighted as were the seasoned pipers amongst our guests. We can’t be more grateful to him for his friendly and professional manner - thank you!
- How long do you play for?Depends on the clients requirements. Ranges from 30 mins to a few hours.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?It is a possibility yes, happy to discuss with the client. I have in the past written music and converted onto the bagpipes for a client event.
-guests and bridal party arriving at church
-bride up and down aisle (optional)
-guests and bridal party arriving at reception
-background piping set during photos
-top table/bride & groom in for dinner
- Happy to discuss your requirements.
-prior to service at church/chapel
-as coffin enters (optional)
-as mourners leave