Robin Hay Bagpiper for Hire
Robin Hay the Piper, 30 years of piping experience. Available for Weddings, Parties, Burns' Suppers, Corporate Events or Reunions, the sound of finely tuned Highland Bagpipes is guaranteed to create a lasting memory forever.
• Trained at the world famous College of Piping.
• Competed in solo and pipeband competitions across the UK.
• Invited to play the bagpipes on Clyde 1 and Clyde 2 radio stations.
• Entertained at many weddings, corporate and charity events across Scotland.
• Played at numerous venues to pipe in the bells at Hogmanay.
• Played alongside the famous indian dhol drums at unique Scottish-Asian event at Edin Uni.
• Play a fabulous selection of Marches, Slow airs, Strathspeys, Jigs and Reels.
Linda Rafuse (Nova Scotia, Canada)• May 10, 2019
Robin played for our son and fiance's wedding at St. Anthony's Chapel Ruins, Holyrood Park, Edinburgh. His presence and his music completed the whole ceremony. Robin is such a lovely man, very sociable and kind. He piped Evan and Lindsay up the path to the ruins, and of course, piped her in to her waiting groom as the ceremony began. Robin was very punctual arriving in plenty of time for the wedding. His hiring was very easy to arrange as he was very punctual in responding to all emails. I would highly recommend this wonderful Bagpiper, Robin Hay and would definitely hire again if we ever had another event in Edinburgh.
David• Dec. 8, 2018
Delighted with the piping provided on our wedding day. What we discussed prior to the wedding was delivered and made the day so special. Our overseas guests especially enjoyed!
Anne• Nov. 24, 2018
Very talented piper, wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others. Thanks
Karen• Dec. 1, 2018
Robin provided a wonderful piping service and was so helpful on lead up to the wedding. He provided advice on music and his delivery was so lovely!
Tom Douglas• Jan. 19, 2019
We booked Robin for our daughter's wedding through recommendation. Wasn't disappointed, fantastic sound and charming gent, so friendly! He was happy to be involved in the guests photos. Thanks again!
Gordon Thomas• March 2, 2019
Robin is an incredible player, talented and immaculately dressed. Brillant Piper!
- How long do you play for?Depends on the clients requirements. Ranges from 30 mins to a few hours.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?It is a possibility yes, happy to discuss with the client. I have in the past written music and converted onto the bagpipes for a client event.
-guests and bridal party arriving at church
-bride up and down aisle (optional)
-guests and bridal party arriving at reception
-background piping set during photos
-top table/bride & groom in for dinner
- Happy to discuss your requirements.
-prior to service at church/chapel
-as coffin enters (optional)
-as mourners leave