Robert Benson Saxophone
Sharply suited and booted, Robert Benson captivates audiences with heartfelt performances on saxophone. His sweet yet soulful tone has become a signature sound, setting him apart from other saxophonists, always tasteful and never overly indulgent.
Acoustic covers of iconic pop artists such as Bruno Mars, The Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Michael Jackson are reworked into unique instrumental arrangements to deliver something fresh, yet familiar. Song requests can often be accommodated. (Lounge jazz sets also available upon request.)
Available as a solo act accompanied with bespoke backing tracks played through a small PA speaker. Also available as a live duo with acoustic guitar, OR a sax+violin duo with backing tracks.
Robert has played at hundreds of weddings over 10+ years and delivers a professional service to make your wedding day hassle-free! PLI and PAT certified. Noise-limiter friendly (under 85db).
Kathryn Burn• 31 Dec 2018
Robert played at our engagement party on New Years Eve and was absolutely fab! We had so many of our guests message us the following day to say how great he was. He was professional, and played a mix of songs to suit our audience. We would definitely recommend Robert!
Claire Murphy• 24 Aug 2019
Excellent evening. Robert arrived early with plenty of time to set up and sound check. Ensured sound levels were exactly what we wanted. Brillant music enjoyed by all - we have had lots of positive comments. Would recommend without any reservations and if needed would definitely use Robert again. Robert is polite and personable as well!
Barry holmes• 2 Mar 2019
Very good thx
Olivia Gauld• 15 Aug 2019
Robert was absolutely brilliant at our wedding. He played for us as I walked down the aisle, while we signed the register and during our drinks reception. He played beautifully, his set up was smart and we had so many comments on how wonderful and special the music was. I would certainly recommend him for any event!
Christina & Ian Lattimore• 17 Nov 2018
Robert played at our wedding on the 17th November 2018 and was absolutely fantastic! He is a very talented musician and we and all our guests loved his sound. I would absolutely recommend Robert to anyone, was a perfect addition to our day! Thank you so so much.
- How long do you play for?Typically 2 hours, but I can play longer!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I supply my own PA speaker which is PAT tested.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance indemnity up to £10 million. PAT test certified.
- How much space do you require?Space required: 1m x 1m Electricity Supply Required: 2 x 13 amp sockets
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Song requests can often be accommodated with advanced notice. Please get in contact to find out what I can do for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a 10 min break for every hour of performance but I can be flexible.
This is my current set list but I am always adding to it:
Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon
Valerie - Mark Ronson, ft. Amy Winehouse
I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston