Sharply suited and booted, Robert Benson captivates audiences with heartfelt performances on saxophone. His sweet yet soulful tone has become a signature sound, setting him apart from other saxophonists, always tasteful and never overly indulgent.
Acoustic covers of iconic pop artists such as Bruno Mars, The Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Michael Jackson are reworked into unique instrumental arrangements to deliver something fresh, yet familiar. Song requests can often be accommodated. (Lounge jazz sets also available upon request.)
Available as a solo act accompanied with bespoke backing tracks played through a small PA speaker. Also available as a live duo with acoustic guitar, OR a sax+violin duo with backing tracks.
Robert has played at hundreds of weddings over 10+ years and delivers a professional service to make your wedding day hassle-free! PLI and PAT certified. Noise-limiter friendly (under 85db).
Kathryn Burn• 31 Dec 2018
Robert played at our engagement party on New Years Eve and was absolutely fab! We had so many of our guests message us the following day to say how great he was. He was professional, and played a mix of songs to suit our audience. We would definitely recommend Robert!
Barry holmes• 2 Mar 2019
Very good thx
Christina & Ian Lattimore• 17 Nov 2018
Robert played at our wedding on the 17th November 2018 and was absolutely fantastic! He is a very talented musician and we and all our guests loved his sound. I would absolutely recommend Robert to anyone, was a perfect addition to our day! Thank you so so much.
Darren Lawrence• 21 Sep 2018
Robert played at our wedding in September and was absolutely fantastic. Our wedding reception was help in a Tipi tent with a Festival theme and Robert played for a couple of hours as guests arrived and before dinner. Would absolutely recommend for any occasion. Thank you so much Robert, you set the tone for a truly magical day!
Barry Jackson• 8 Feb 2018
Robert played at the 125th anniversary of the London Court of International Arbitration on Wednesday - attended by nearly 500 people, and was great. Terrific range of music and a real crowd pleaser. Many thanks!
- How long do you play for?Typically 2 hours, but I can play longer!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I supply my own PA speaker which is PAT tested.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance indemnity up to £10 million. PAT test certified.
- How much space do you require?Space required: 1m x 1m Electricity Supply Required: 2 x 13 amp sockets
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Song requests can often be accommodated with advanced notice. Please get in contact to find out what I can do for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a 10 min break for every hour of performance but I can be flexible.
This is my current set list but I am always adding to it:
Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon
Valerie - Mark Ronson, ft. Amy Winehouse
I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston