RASPO Steel Orchestra is an award winning steel band providing entertainment for events, parties, carnivals and festivals at home and abroad. RASPO has performed at The Royal Albert Hall, WOMAD festival, Glastonbury, for the London 2012 Olympics, live on BBC and ITV, and annually at London’s Notting Hill Carnival.
RASPO is now well established as one of the UK's premier steel orchestras and welcomes all age groups.
The name – Reading All Steel Percussion Orchestra – commemorates the very first steel band to play in the UK at the 1951 Festival of Britain: TASPO Trinidad All Steel Percussion Orchestra.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:RASPO is a vibrant and energetic steel band that can provide ambient background music as well as entertainment of up tempo carnival dancing
- Who are your previous clients?BBC, ITV, Sky, The Mayors Office, London 2012 Olympics, Acutest, NHS,
- How can event planners pay for your services?We provide an invoice for payment by bank transfer, cheque or cash if preferred.
- How long do you play for?Two forty five minute sets in a two hour window. However we can tailor make the times to suit your event.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI for £10m. As we are an acoustic band we don't use electrical equipment for our performances.
Tempo & Crawford
Moving to the Left
Feeling Hot – Arrow
Dollar - Colin Lucas
Old Lady – Aldwyn Roberts
Sugar – Aldwyn Roberts
Pan in A Minor – Aldwyn Roberts