“Stunning interpretations of favourite songs performed by exceptional vocalist and highly versatile multi-instrumentalist. A unique act, perfect for your special event.”
Rapt! perform with top quality backing tracks through an elegant, unobtrusive, Bose PA system providing an impressive, full and professional sound.
Vocalist (also piano / percussion / whistle) accompanied by 5 string fiddle (violin), flute, whistle, backing vocals or piano.
Repertoire includes songs from 1930s to the present day...jazz, folk, movie songs, rock, country, contemporary, pop...
The songs have been carefully chosen from a wide variety of genres and are performed beautifully, with a unique twist / flavour.
Something for everyone!
Fiona is a professional internationally experienced singer with an exceptional, astonishing angelic voice. She has sung all over the world, from the Royal Albert Hall to the Royal Palace of Abu Dhabi. She was lead singer in top shows including Riverdance and Lord of The Dance (staring with Michael Flatley) touring theatres and stadiums world-wide. In her early years Fiona won the BBC Radio 2 ‘Choirgirl of the Year’ competition and was proclaimed by Classic FM as an ‘exceptional young talent’. She has sung live on national TV & radio (BBC One, ITV, Fox TV in the USA, RTE in Ireland, BBC Scotland, Classic FM, Lyric FM Ireland, BBC Radio (2 and 4) and featured in various music press including Play Magazine and The Stage. Her single ‘The Magic’ was Classic FM TV’s ‘Video of the Week’ (for several weeks running!) She also plays piano, whistle and percussion. Fiona was performed for many top Corporate clients at 5* venues, including the Savoy Hotel, London and the Guinness Brewery, Dublin.
Josie is a highly experienced multi-instrumentalist who has her own Solo act listed here on Last Minute Musicians www.lastminutemusicians.com/ members/melodysong.html. She plays Fiddle (Violin), Flutes (simple system and Boehm system flutes), Whistle, Piano, Recorders ... and sometimes a wee bit of Backing Vocals or Guitar too! Like Fiona, Josie has performed at a wide variety of functions / venues including 5* Hotels, both in Britain and abroad. Josie has featured with Fiona on BBC Radio, TV and in Play Magazine. She regularly performs for Weddings, Birthdays, Irish Events, Funerals / Wakes, Private Dinners, Garden Parties etc. Josie performs to fantastic professional backing tracks of various genres including Contemporary (1930s to current), Rock, Folk, Irish / Scottish, Trad, Country etc.
We look forward to hearing from you and making your event unique and special :)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Rapt! Stunning songs of various genres with a unique Folk twist! Enchanting female duo - Award winning world class Vocalist with Violin / Fiddle, Flute, Whistle, Piano & backing vocals accompaniment.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performance all over the world, from the Royal Albert Hall to the Royal Palace of Abu Dhabi. Lead singer in top shows including Riverdance and Lord of The Dance. BBC Radio 2 ‘Choirgirl of the Year’ competition and was proclaimed by Classic FM as an ‘exceptional young talent’. National / International TV & Radio (BBC One, ITV, Fox TV in the USA, RTE in Ireland, BBC Scotland, Classic FM, Lyric FM Ireland, BBC Radio (2 and 4). Featured in various music press including Play Magazine and The Stage. ‘The Magic’ was Classic FM TV’s ‘Video of the Week’ (for several weeks running!). Solo and group / ensemble performances at 5* venues and for many top Corporate clients - including Savo Hotel and Guinness Brewery, Dublin.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Unique classy Duo. This Duo between them offer Lead vocals, Backing Vocals, Violin (Fiddle) - with effects, Flute, Whistle, Recorders, Piano, various Percussion (most Vocal Duo's tend to be Vocalist with Piano or Guitar etc, and often limited musical genres)... We offer sets of songs and instrumental music too - genres including Contemporary, Folk, 'Celtic', Jazz, Rock, Pop, 1930s-1970s, Old / Historical music. Truly something for everyone!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wide variety! Corporate Events, Weddings, Birthdays, Parties, 'Lounge' / Wine Bar / Restaurant / Gallery Opening, Folk music events, Themed / Historical events, local Care / Residential Homes... and many more
- How can event planners pay for your services?Internet banking transfer for Deposit. Internet banking transfer in advance, or Cash for Balance
- How long do you play for?According to Booker requirements. e.g. Weddings : potentially we can perform for Pre-Ceremony + Ceremony, Drinks Reception AND Wedding Breakfast / Meal, &/or Early Evening prior to Main Band / DJ. Sometimes enquiries come in for just 1 or 2 songs for a Marriage Proposal or special Birthday surprise ... so it depends!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Bose L1 1S B1 PA System, OR, Bose S1 Pro PA Speaker (both with all associated equipment including Digital Mixer, iPad for backing tracks, Microphones, Effects etc. Do not have own Stage Lighting - not really that type of act.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, both
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Hopefully! With enough notice, and depending if a suitable backing track can be researched, purchased, edited and learned in time - then yes, for a small additional fee.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Number depends upon length of performance. Breaks if needed, 10-15 mins. Background music (of similar style) from an iPod can be played through PA during breaks if required
BOOKING RAPT! REPERTOIRE / SET LISTS...
Rapt! perform an extensive and diverse repertoire that is appealing to a wide variety of private clients, corporate events and venues.
We feature songs from the jazz of the 1930's / 40's, favourites from the 50's and 60's, and onwards to contemporary covers of much more recent songs.
Many songs are as the originals in style / feel, yet others turn heads with their uniqueness. Imagine! your favourite Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses, Beatles, or Elvis songs treated to piano, guitar or fiddle (violin) backing - giving these familiar and favourite songs a ‘wow’ sound that will leave your guests spellbound.
We can provide set lists to meet any event and venue type and all client requirements. To help make things easy, we have 6 set styles to choose from, pick one or a mix them to suit your needs:
1) Jazz/Swing & ‘Light’ music
Stylish, gentle, laid-back ‘lounge’ music
2) Jazz, Folk, Country etc
Mixture of relaxed and more upbeat songs / music.
3) Rock, Pop, Contemporary
Lively, feel-good, party atmosphere. This gets everyone into the swing of things!
4) Folk Set
Our special folk set – mixture of old and contemporary folk songs, melodies and traditional tunes. You can choose: lively only, gentle / background only OR a mixture of both!
5) ‘1930’s – 1970’s’
Iconic favourites from the 1930’s – 1970’s. Perfect for:
Themed events, special birthdays etc – reminisce with old favourites!
6) ‘Historic Venues’
Wonderfully unique set of very old songs and melodies from 16th Century onwards, incl. ‘Celtic’, Irish / Scottish (& of similar / appropriate ‘feel’ or ’subject matter’).
Perfect at castles / other historical venues for weddings, historical re-enactments or high profile / corporate events.
Many of the backing tracks have old / folk / traditional instruments such a Uilleann, Border and Highland Pipes (Bagpipes), Harp, Bodhrán Drums, Harpsichord etc
(‘Gaudete’ is on the BBC national playlist, and was 'Record of the Week' on BBC select local radio stations and featured on BBC TV).
NOTES ABOUT RAPT! REPERTOIRE / SET LISTS
Sometimes songs are in a surprising set list. This isn’t a mistake! For an example - we sometimes take a well known rock song and bring a unique and interesting interpretation to it by having piano and fiddle accompaniment… Set list numbers / titles are as a guide to the ‘feel’ of the set. You choose a set number, tell us about your venue and how long you’d like us to perform for, - and we’ll put together a fantastic set of music for your special event!