Pipley Barn dance and Ceilidh Band is based in Bath but available to play for barn dances and ceilidhs in Bristol, Somerset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. Consisting of 6 experienced musicians + caller, Pipley will provide your event with dances that everyone can join in and enjoy. Suitable for all ages and abilities. The band plays a mixture of English, Scottish, Irish, American, Australian and Russian tunes. All styles are there – reels, jigs, waltzes, and dances range from ‘easy’ to ‘more challenging’.
Read our testimonials to find out more:
“Thank you for making our party go with a swing, lots of friends complimented your music and everyone had a great evening. Your caller remained wonderfully calm and cheerful despite the hilarious mayhem – perfect! Thanks again for a fantastic night. We all had a brilliant time." Ann and Sandra, Bath, June 2018
“A huge thank you to you and the rest of the band for the fantastic set on Friday night. You all sounded great, and I’ve heard lots...
Rebecca Jones• 2 Mar 2019
My partner Becky organised Pipley Dance and Ceilidh Band for my surprise 30th birthday party and I cannot recommend them highly enough! We had such a brilliant time and the band really made it the perfect celebration. As a group we were mixed abilities and ages, but everyone got involved at some point and we have had so many wonderful comments from guests about how much they enjoyed it! Rachel and the band were so friendly and such talented musicians. Their caller is excellent, offering really c...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Pipley Barn Dance and Ceilidh band plays traditional music from the British Isles and beyond, with a caller to lead people of all ages through traditional formation dances.
- What are the highlights of your career?Pipley Barn dance and Ceilidh Band musicians come from a wide range of musical backgrounds and have come together fairly recently to share their love of folk tunes. They enjoy seeing people having a great time on the dance floor under the expert guidance of their caller.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have an interesting musical line up and it is important to us to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable evening.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We often play for occasion birthdays, charity events, PTA events and weddings where the focus is on having fun and encouraging people to mix on the dance floor.
- Who are your previous clients?Recently we have played for a range of birthday and anniversary parties as well as charity events. We have also played at The Bath Brewhouse and will be performing there again in March 2019.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We ask for a £50 deposit at the time of booking, payable by bank transfer, cheque or cash and then the remainder of the fee can be paid in cash at the beginning of the event.
- How long do you play for?This is agreed with the event organisers in advance, depending on their requirements, but there is usually time for about 2 hours of dancing.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We can bring our own PA, but do not usually use extra lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI and band equipment has been PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?We need enough room for 6 people and their instruments. Normally church halls, school halls, community halls etc can accommodate us easily.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Our tunes are suited to the dances which the caller chooses to suit the event. We are happy for you to request a particular folk tune and we will see if it can be included.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?The format of the evening is flexible, depending on the event planner's requirements. It usually depends on how fit and active the dancers are!
Traditional music for ceilidh dancing. No need to be an expert danced as our caller will be there to lead you through each dance and remind you what to do.