Pilgarlic is a ceilidh/barn dance band with a repertoire of English/Irish/Scottish and Regency dances and tunes. We usually field 4-5 musicians, an experienced caller, and full equipment. We have appropriate level of PLI and PAT certification.
Heather Carter• 30 Jun 2018
Very good. Only 4 musicians and a caller turned up but was fine. Could have done with some incidental music during dancers' rest breaks perhaps, but overall an excellent evening. The caller was particularly friendly and approachable and yet was still managing to get people to listen and dance, despite temperatures in the high 20s !
Thank you for your help.
CK-S• 6 Dec 2013
"Can you please pass on my thanks to your fellow Band members for what was without doubt a successful and enjoyable celildh on Friday evening. We made a good choice in selecting Pilgarlic. Your pace, volume, and musicianship were all just right for us. I have been to a few ceilidhs and barn dances over the years, but this was the first I think where I have participated in every dance. Having shown that ... Residents can enjoy dancing, I know that we will have other ceilidhs here in the future!...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of 30-60 minutes.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Direct or via the end client.
- Who are your previous clients?Mostly private individuals but also Farthingales (for the Regency Ball).
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a self-contained dance band with own caller, who rehearses regularly as a band.
- What are the highlights of your career?Being booked several years in a row for the Regency Ball at the Assembly Rooms in Bath.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Ceilidh and barn dances for social events, weddings, etc.
- How long do you play for?Typically 3-4 hrs with a break at half-time.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, both PLI and PAT certified kit.
- How much space do you require?3m x 8m is ideal but we have played smaller.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Just ask in advance.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Social events such as residents association or school PTAs, weddings, and family birthdays.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA yes, but not lighting.
Too large to list...