Paul has been working as a London based full time caricaturist and cartoon illustrator for more than 20 years.
Influenced by Mort Drucker and Jack Davis from MAD magazine, Paul started drawing cartoons and caricatures from a very young age. At university he studied Film and TV work where his interest in caricature led him to train at the Spitting Image workshop designing and modeling clay heads to be made into the famous latex puppets. In 1995, after the show finished, he went freelance and has been in high demand ever since, with his work appearing in The Guardian, Punch and The New Statesman.
As one of the country’s top live caricaturists, he produces quick and hilarious caricatures of guests at various corporate events, wedding receptions, exhibitions, conferences, promotions, dinners and parties.
Kath Barnes• 21 Oct 2016
"Excellent night made all the better for Paul's brilliant artworks.
Highly recommended for any fun event."
Claire• 30 Jun 2018
I cannot recommend Paul enough. I booked Paul for a Wedding at short notice and luckily Paul was available and we couldn’t of asked more from him on the day. His pictures are absolutely incredible, but more than this Paul was great interacting with the guests and made everyone at ease when having their picture drawn. He arrived early, looking presentable, and was ready to go as soon as the service was over. He was high in demand as everyone loves the photos he was drawing. Without asking Paul...
Sharon Callender• 22 Dec 2017
Paul was a great addittion to our childrens Christmas party. I would definitely book him again.
Sharon Marshall• 8 Jun 2019
Paul was very pleasant and hewas very good - would book again for another event.
Emily Shaw• 21 Apr 2018
Paul was such a hit at the wedding and kept busy the whole day. An absolute professional, my husband and I weren’t aware of him, as he just got on with drawing our guests to their delight...a lot of them now have their caricatures as Facebook profiles and people really enjoyed looking through them on the night in the box we had to keep them safe before taking them home. I know our parents had reservations about if a caricaturist would be a success and they have all since said it was one of the r...
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?Not long - 15 minutes is usually fine.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?I provide all materials.
- What other services to you provide?I can also provide studio caricatures from photos for gifts, presentations, invitations, place settings, etc... I also work digitally on the iPad.
- What is included in the wedding package?The fee will include travel and the pre-printing of the card I'll be drawing on with names, date, message for the guests, etc...
- How long is the act?My minimum booking time is 1.5 hours. Maximum for conferences, exhibitions, etc. is 8 hours with breaks.
Get your wedding plans off to a hilarious start when your guests receive their invitations displaying caricatures of the bride and groom. This is always a popular start to th...