A trio of tenor saxophone, guitar and female vocals, Pastry Shoes play an engaging and familiar mix of easy-listening jazz, swing and pop songs ranging from Fats Waller, Carmen Miranda, Stevie Wonder and Sandie Shaw to the Phil Spector Wall of Sound and Olly Murs.
Pastry Shoes bring unique qualities to each performance, responding to the mood of the occasion, and delight in creating a warm and endearing atmosphere. They provide whimsical entertainment for weddings, celebrations, parties and dinners.
Pastry Shoes love to dress up and have developed an intriguing presentation theme, reminiscent of an early 20th century vintage parlour, complete with fringed lamps, old bird cages housing faux birds and vintage cases housing their (modern) equipment.
Based in Cheshire UK, they normally play throughout the North West of England and the Midlands, but are always willing to consider anything further afield.
Pastry Shoes formed in 2012 with a desire to perform quality and entertaining songs from the 1920s to the present day.
Part of their quintessential charm is their “pastrification” (arrangement and interpretation) of songs to suit their line-up.
All three members also have extensive experience of performing with other line-ups at a wide variety of events from pubs, parties and weddings to festivals.
John, Julie, Simona, Pauline, Harry• July 16, 2016
"We saw and heared you guys, and enjoyed it imencely!
We would recomend the Pastry Shoes to anyone who want to have the right musical atmosphere at there event.
John jules clan"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Three piece band with female vocals, guitar and tenor sax performing easy-listening and familiar jazz, swing and pop hits
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anything considered! As well as festivals, events, pubs, clubs, parties, weddings and anniversaries, we regularly perform on music trains, and annually at a dog's birthday!!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, cheque or BACS
- How long do you play for?Our standard package is 2x45 minute or 3x30 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?Minimum 2x3 metres
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will always consider requests but cannot guarantee that they will be appropriate for our line up. Extra fee to learn a song negotiable.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Standard package has either one or two breaks of 15 minutes minimum.
My Baby Just Cares for Me (Nina Simone)
They Can't Take That Away From Me (Ella Fitzgerald )
On the Sunny Side of the Street (Billie Holiday)
Dream a Little Dream (Ella Fitzgerald)
Beyond the Sea ( Charles Trenez/Bobby Darin)
‘Til There Was You (The Beatles)
It Had to Be You (Billie Holiday)
Let There Be Love (Nat King Cole)
Can't Help Lovin' That Man (Billie Holiday)
On a Slow Boat to China (Hot Club of Cowtown)
Ain’t Misbehavin’ (Fats Waller)
I’m in the Mood for Love (various)
Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)
If I Had You (Hot Club of Cowtown)
Georgia On My Mind (Ray Charles)
Save The Bones For Henry Jones (Nat King Cole)
Accentuate the Positive (Bing Crosby&Andrews Sisters)
I'm Beginning to See the Light (Louis Armstrong)
Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (Fats Waller)
Bei Mir Bis Du Shoen (Andrews Sisters)
Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Duke Ellington)
How High The Moon (various)
Recipe for Making Love (Harry Connick Jnr)
Every Time We Say Goodbye (various)
POPULAR HITS (1960'S ONWARDS)
I Say Yeh Yeh (Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames)
You Never Can Tell (Chuck Berry)
King of the Swingers (Jungle Book)
Will You Still Love me Tomorrow? (The Shirelles)
Da Do Ron Ron (The Crystals)
My Boy Lollipop (Millie Small)
Build Me Up Buttercup (The Foundations)
Downtown (Petula Clark)
Couldn't Live Without Your Love (Petula Clark)
Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa (Dusty Springfield)
Long Long Live Love (Sandie Shaw)
Daydream Believer (The Monkees)
I Only Wanna Be With You (Dusty Springfield)
Spanish Flea (Herb Alpert)
Kiss Me Honey Honey (Shirley Bassie)
River Deep, Mountain High (Ike and Tina Turner)
Can't Take My Eyes off You (Frankie Valli)
It’s Not Unusual (Tom Jones)
Delilah (Tom Jones)
Iko Iko (Dr John)
Jambalaya (The Carpenters)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
Mama Mia (Abba)
Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder)
Walk On By (Dionne Warwick)
I Feel Good (James Brown)
Cupid (Amy Winehouse)
Reach For The Stars (S Club 7)
Ten Out of Ten (Paolo Nutini)
Dance with Me Tonight (Olly Murs)
I’m Yours (Jason Mraz)
All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor)