Over The Top are a jazz trio formed by three professional musicians who love to perform. The group consists of Ollie on Bass, Tom on Guitar and Toby on Trumpet, hence the name OTT. All three are experienced jazz artists with friendly demeanours to match who will endeavour to always put on the best show that they can. Their set list is extensive comprising over 100 tunes from the jazz and pop genres. This list covers songs from the 30's swing era right up to modern day hits. The trio is based in London and is able to transport itself. We have all our own equipment, all we require for any gig is access to a power supply. We look forward to your enquiry.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A friendly and professional musical outfit specialising in acoustic trio jazz.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a highly skilled ensemble and will bring quality music to any event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, Weddings, Functions, Events, Live Gigs
- How long do you play for?Our usual playing time is 2 hours split into 2 x 60 min sets. We have on some occasions played for 4 hours split into 4 sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we bring our own equipment including PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All our electrical gear is PAT tested and we all have liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?As a trio we don't require a large area to perform in. One of our many advantages! Essentially, enough room for three adults one playing a double bass, one playing guitar and the other playing trumpet.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are open to requests but please bare in mind the type of group we are. We won't be able to adequately do Bohemian Rhapsody or Guns and Roses for example.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on how many sets you require. If you want two sets then we'll take one break in the middle. 15 minutes minimum.
Our sets usually come in the following formats but of course we are happy to make sets shorter or longer as necessary. We tend to find 60 minutes is an optimal amount of playing time for a single set. Then a short 15-25 min break in between sets allows the musicians to rest during which we can provide playlist music from our laptop or ipod. We will provide our own equipment including amps, mics and lighting if needed. Access to power would be required ideally.
1 x 45 - 60 min set
2 x 45 - 60 min sets
3 x 45 - 60 min sets
4 x 30 - 45 min sets
5 x 30 - 45 min sets
Blue Monk - Thelonious Monk
Straight No Chaser - Thelonious Monk
Well You Needn't - T. Monk
All Blues - Miles Davis
Four - Miles Davis
Mr PC - John Coltrane
Blue Train - John Coltrane
Take Five - Dave Brubeck
Take The A Train - Duke Ellington
Satin Doll - Duke Ellington
What Is This Thing Called Love - Cole Porter
On Green Dolphin Street - Bronislaw Kaper
Love For Sale - Cole Porter
Girl From Ipanema - A C Jobim
Wave - A C Jobim
Beautiful Love - W. King/V. Young/E. Van Alstyne
Almost Like Being in Love - Frederick Loewe
Don't You Worry About A Thing - Stevie Wonder
Lately - Stevie Wonder
You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Stevie Wonder
Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
Days of Wine and Roses - Henry Mancini
All The Things You Are - Jerome Kern
All of You - Cole Porter
Summertime - George Gershwin
Autumn Leaves - Jerome Kern
How Deep is the Ocean - Irving Berlin
How High the Moon - Morgan Lewis
All About That Bass – Postmodern Jubox
Dance Me To The End Of Love - Madeleine Peyroux
Stronger Than Me - Amy Winehouse
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
L.O.V. E. - Natalie Cole
Sway - Dean Martin
Fly Me To The Moon - Bart Howard
Besame Mucho - Consuelo Velasquez
C'est Si Bon - Yves Montand
I'm Beginning To See The Light - Ella Fitzgerald
La Vie En Rose - Edit Piaf
Perfidia - Desi Arnaz
Quizas Quizas - Osvaldo Farres
Why Don't You Do Right - Peggy Lee
All of Me - Billie Holiday
As Time Goes By - Herman Hupfeld
Cheek To Cheek - Ella Fitzgerald
Dinah - Fats Waller
Goody Goody - Ella Fitzgerald
I Got Rhythm - George Gershwin
Mad About the Boy - Dinah Washington
Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway
My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
Night And Day - Cole Porter
Over The Rainbow - July Garland
Puttin' on the Ritz - Ella Fitzgerald
Summertime - Gershwin
Sweet Home Chicago
The Man I Love - Billie Holiday
The Lady is A Tramp - Rodgers/Hart
Why Don't You Do Right? - Peggy Lee
You go to my Head - Ella Fitzgerald
Ain't Misbehavin' - Fats Waller
Bye By Blackbird - Julie London
Down and Out - Bessie Smith
Lover Come Back to Me - Billie Holiday
Makin' Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
'S Wonderful - Ella Fitzgerald