Over The Top are a jazz trio formed by three professional musicians who love to perform. The group consists of Ollie on Bass, Tom on Guitar and Toby on Trumpet, hence the name OTT. All three are experienced jazz artists with friendly demeanours to match who will endeavour to always put on the best show that they can. Their set list is extensive comprising over 100 tunes from the jazz and pop genres. This list covers songs from the 30's swing era right up to modern day hits. The trio is based in London and is able to transport itself. We have all our own equipment, all we require for any gig is access to a power supply. We look forward to your enquiry.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on how many sets you require. If you want two sets then we'll take one break in the middle. 15 minutes minimum.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are open to requests but please bare in mind the type of group we are. We won't be able to adequately do Bohemian Rhapsody or Guns and Roses for example.
- How much space do you require?As a trio we don't require a large area to perform in. One of our many advantages! Essentially, enough room for three adults one playing a double bass, one playing guitar and the other playing trumpet.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we bring our own equipment including PA.
- How long do you play for?Our usual playing time is 2 hours split into 2 x 60 min sets. We have on some occasions played for 4 hours split into 4 sets.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All our electrical gear is PAT tested and we all have liability insurance.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, Weddings, Functions, Events, Live Gigs
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are a highly skilled ensemble and will bring quality music to any event.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A friendly and professional musical outfit specialising in acoustic trio jazz.
Our sets usually come in the following formats but of course we are happy to make sets shorter or longer as necessary. We tend to find 60 minutes is an optimal amount of playing time for a ...