I perform technical close up magic with coins, cards and other small objects in a table hopping and/or mix and mingle format.
I perform at wedding receptions and corporate events such as banquets, balls and charity fund raisers.
I also perform for hotels restaurants and wine bars, as well as on exhibition stands at trade shows nationwide.
Roshanak• Nov. 16, 2019
Really great, all the guest really enjoyed it - thank you Nigel!
Charlotte• Dec. 6, 2018
Excellent entertainment, really wowed us all!! Nigel arrived on time, in a professional yet friendly Manner. Would recommend him to everyone else.
Emily richardson• Nov. 24, 2018
Absolutely fantastic!!!!!! Would give 10 stars if I could. Than you so much
Thomas Toumazou• Nov. 2, 2017
Very entertaining, had us all in amazement.
Rita Bowery• Oct. 27, 2017
Thank you Nigel for entertaining a family party of folk ranging from 5 to 80 years old. All were delighted.
Jemma Kibble• Feb. 13, 2017
"Nigel was great. Had everyone fixed on his table performances, they tried to catch him out but it was impossible ha ha.
Great evening, thank you Nigel."
- Do you do open-air acts?Although not impossible, I tend to avoid performing outdoors whenever possible. This is not usually an issue of rain which usually forces everyone indoors anyway, but far more of a problem to a close up magician is wind. Attepting to perform card magic in even a breeze on a summers day is a real problem. When required to perform outdoors at a summer wedding reception I usually have to go to great lengths to position myself and sometimes audience members strategically to avoid getting blown away mid performance.
- How long is the act?I don't perform an act as such. I perform in a table hopping and/or mix and mix format. Most of my customers book me for 2 or 3 hours depending on numbers. The only exception to this is when I am working statically on an exhibition stand at a trade show during which time I perform routines in no specific order and performing times can be as long as 8 hours
- What type of magic do you performTechnical Sleight of hand with coins, cards and various small objects. I don't perform cabaret / stand up magic or magic specific to children although, However I do frequently perform for family audiences in hotels, restaurants and wine bar.s
- Will your magic suit my event?Definitely. The magic I perform can be considered technically advanced sleight of hand, as a result it is highly visual and quite baffling. Most customers book me to stimulate social interaction within groups. This is particularly true of wedding receptions and corporate events. Magic is a great talking point and is a very interesting and alternative form of entertainment.
- How many people will you perform for?From small groups at a house party up to 200 guests at a corporate event. Beyond 200 guests it is recommended to book more than 1 close up magician. 1 magician cannot realistically perform long enough for each group / table to complete the job to an acceptable level in the space of a typical evening when numbers exceed 200.
Trade Show Magician