Mr Swing’s Dance Orchestra is a compact 13-piece Rat-pack style big band comprising male vocalist, four brass, five saxes and three rhythm. Founded in 1997 with help from The Prince’s Trust, Mr Swing has become very popular on the corporate, society and wedding circuits.
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra performs classic swing band songs from the radio broadcasts of the thirties, through the Glenn Miller sound of the forties to the Rat-pack days of the fifties and beyond. Well-known big band tunes made famous by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin, Andy Williams, Tom Jones and Neil Diamond and more recently revived by Harry Connick Jnr, Robbie Williams and Michael Bublé.
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra has played to audiences the length and breadth of the country encouraging young and old to get up and dance. With a repertoire of over a hundred swing band and big band songs, there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone.
Mr Swing is very versatile. It can perform a mix of styles for a party crowd including audience participation and sing-alongs; strict-tempo sets for a ballroom dance or theme its repertoire for a wartime event.
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra is equally at home playing in small venues to audiences of fifty as it is performing to crowds of a thousand and always adjusts its performance area and volume to suit the occasion.
As well as performing at countless weddings, Mr Swing’s Dance Orchestra has entertained for BMW, The Air Crew Association, Leeds United FC, Elior and ITE Moda amongst others and was very proud to play at Buckingham Palace for The Prince’s Trust Royal Charter Award ceremony.
The members of the band take great pride in their professionalism and enjoy themselves at every event.
Michael & Katie• Nov. 26, 2016
Thank you again for the wonderful evening/night of music. Everybody loved the band and I've heard a few music lovers say it was the best swing band they have ever seen. The band and yourself have made an ever lasting impression with everyone. The intro was fantastic and definitely started the evening off with a bang. Katie and I thank you for our first dance it was more perfect than we could have imagined. I can not express our appreciation enough to you and the band. You guys made the evening a brilliant success and are true professionals.
Roisin & Steve Colbeck• May 27, 2017
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra made our wedding! We thought our special day couldn't get any better after we exchanged our vows and heard the kind words from our family but, as soon as we heard the music, I knew that the band would leave an impact on our guests. I did not stop dancing all night! We truly enjoyed every moment of the band's set and all our guests have commented on how wonderful they were. Really wish we could have had them longer. I want to say a heartfelt thank you to Matthew and the rest of the band for making our wedding magical. All our love, Mr & Mrs Colbeck
Ken & Jane Wales• Sept. 16, 2017
We absolutely LOVED the band. The enthusiasm of the musicians was contagious!! Fantastic!! So glad we chose MR SWING for our special day. More than happy to provide references for future clients. Fabulous night. Worth every penny! Matthew, you are a star! Thank you.
Angela & David Curtis• Oct. 27, 2017
Just about to embark on our honeymoon cruise but wanted to say a huge thank you for playing at our wedding at Crathorne Hall on Friday. We had a wonderful day in which you played a huge part. Everyone loved the music and even the hotel staff said you were the best band they had had play there in the past few years!!! The whole day was fantastic but the culmination with your orchestra absolutely topped off the day - FABULOUS. STUNNING!!!!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional band playing instantly recognisable swing band classics.
- What are the highlights of your career?Having received funding from The Prince's Trust, Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra were invited to play at Buckingham Palace.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, society balls, dinner dances, wartime events, charity fundraisers, ballroom dances, birthday celebrations.
- Who are your previous clients?The Prince's Trust, Leeds United FC, ITE Moda, BMW, Elior, The Air Crew Association.
- How can event planners pay for your services?20% deposit to confirm the booking. 80% balance on the day of the event or before.
- How long do you play for?Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra plays up to 120 minutes of music split into two or three sets covering a maximum of 3.5 hours. Typically 3x40 or 2x60 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lighting are included in all quotes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All equipment is PAT tested plus £5m public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?Either 20ft x 10ft (6m x 3m) or 24ft x 8ft (7.5m x 2.5m)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If we can find a good arrangement of it, yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra plays up to 120 minutes of music split into two or three sets covering a maximum of 3.5 hours. The length of breaks is up to you.
A String Of Pearls
In The Mood
Little Brown Jug
Beyond The Sea
Don’t Rain On My Parade
Mack The Knife
Come Fly With Me
Day In Day Out
Fly Me To The Moon
I Get A Kick Out Of You
I’ve Got You Under My Skin
New York New York
Nice ‘n’ Easy
Night & Day
Pennies From Heaven
Something’s Gotta Give
Strangers In The Night
The Lady Is A Tramp
You Make Me Feel So Young
Nat King Cole
Let There Be Love
Let’s Face The Music And Dance
Straighten Up And Fly Right
When I Fall In Love
It’s Not Unusual
Love Me Tonight
Mack The Knife
We Have All The Time In The World
Harry Connick Jr
A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square
Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
It Had To Be You
It’s All Right With Me
Recipe For Love
Ain’t That A Kick In The Head
Do Nothing Til You Hear From Me
Have You Met Miss Jones?
I Just Haven't Met You Yet
It Had Better Be Tonight
Save The Last Dance For Me
For Once In My Life
Bad Bad Leroy Brown
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
It Don’t Mean A Thing
King Of The Swingers
Papa Loves Mambo
Soul Bossa Nova (Austin Powers)
The Candy Man
The Gay Gordons
Cheek To Cheek
Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree
How High The Moon
I Won’t Dance
I’m Gonna Lock My Heart
It Happened In Monterey
Keep Young & Beautiful
Love Is The Sweetest Thing
My Blue Heaven
Our Love Is Here To Stay
Song Of India
St Bernard’s Waltz
Taking A Chance On Love
That Old Black Magic
They Can’t Take That Away From Me
All I Want For Christmas Is You
Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting…)
Frosty The Snowman
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year