Mr Swing’s Dance Orchestra is a compact 13-piece Rat-pack style big band comprising male vocalist, four brass, five saxes and three rhythm. Founded in 1997 with help from The Prince’s Trust, Mr Swing has become very popular on the corporate, society and wedding circuits.
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra performs classic swing band songs from the radio broadcasts of the thirties, through the Glenn Miller sound of the forties to the Rat-pack days of the fifties and beyond. Well-known big band tunes made famous by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin, Andy Williams, Tom Jones and Neil Diamond and more recently revived by Harry Connick Jnr, Robbie Williams and Michael Bublé.
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra has played to audiences the length and breadth of the country encouraging young and old to get up and dance. With a repertoire of over a hundred swing band and big band songs, there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone.
Mr Swing is very versatile. It can perform a mix of s...
Michael & Katie• 26 Nov 2016
Thank you again for the wonderful evening/night of music. Everybody loved the band and I've heard a few music lovers say it was the best swing band they have ever seen. The band and yourself have made an ever lasting impression with everyone. The intro was fantastic and definitely started the evening off with a bang. Katie and I thank you for our first dance it was more perfect than we could have imagined. I can not express our appreciation enough to you and the band. You guys made the evening a...
Roisin & Steve Colbeck• 27 May 2017
Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra made our wedding! We thought our special day couldn't get any better after we exchanged our vows and heard the kind words from our family but, as soon as we heard the music, I knew that the band would leave an impact on our guests. I did not stop dancing all night! We truly enjoyed every moment of the band's set and all our guests have commented on how wonderful they were. Really wish we could have had them longer. I want to say a heartfelt thank you to Matthew and the...
Angela & David Curtis• 27 Oct 2017
Just about to embark on our honeymoon cruise but wanted to say a huge thank you for playing at our wedding at Crathorne Hall on Friday. We had a wonderful day in which you played a huge part. Everyone loved the music and even the hotel staff said you were the best band they had had play there in the past few years!!! The whole day was fantastic but the culmination with your orchestra absolutely topped off the day - FABULOUS. STUNNING!!!!!
Ken & Jane Wales• 16 Sep 2017
We absolutely LOVED the band. The enthusiasm of the musicians was contagious!! Fantastic!! So glad we chose MR SWING for our special day. More than happy to provide references for future clients. Fabulous night. Worth every penny! Matthew, you are a star! Thank you.
- How can event planners pay for your services?20% deposit to confirm the booking. 80% balance on the day of the event or before.
- Who are your previous clients?The Prince's Trust, Leeds United FC, ITE Moda, BMW, Elior, The Air Crew Association.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, society balls, dinner dances, wartime events, charity fundraisers, ballroom dances, birthday celebrations.
- What are the highlights of your career?Having received funding from The Prince's Trust, Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra were invited to play at Buckingham Palace.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional band playing instantly recognisable swing band classics.
- How long do you play for?Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra plays up to 120 minutes of music split into two or three sets covering a maximum of 3.5 hours. Typically 3x40 or 2x60 minute sets.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Mr Swing's Dance Orchestra plays up to 120 minutes of music split into two or three sets covering a maximum of 3.5 hours. The length of breaks is up to you.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lighting are included in all quotes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All equipment is PAT tested plus £5m public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?Either 20ft x 10ft (6m x 3m) or 24ft x 8ft (7.5m x 2.5m)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If we can find a good arrangement of it, yes
A String Of Pearls
In The Mood
Little Brown Jug
Beyond The Sea
Don’t Rain On...