Family Magician: Specialising in entertainment for families and for older children.
Both as a close-up magician for weddings, family fun days etc.
and providing shows, which can be after dinner entertainment, for small audiences right up to the big stage.
Matthew has entertained an audience of 20,000 people live on Stage for The Anniversary of The Emirates in UAE.
He was a finalist of the Magic Circle 2018 Stage Magician of The Year
and is a past Winner of The Magic Circle Close-Up Magician of The Year.
Adrienne• 3 Feb 2018
"I hope that you are well. Thank you for the fantastic magic that you did fat Maiya's batmitzvah. The party was so intense and compact that there didn't seem enough time for everything but the children all really enjoyed the party and LOVED your magic. When I look at the photos of you doing your magic, their faces are filled with delight and rapture. Thanks so much for giving us this gift.
Eileen and Julian Cronk• 14 Apr 2018
"I would like to say a huge thank you for organising Matthew Garrett’s services for my daughter’s wedding at the RAC Club, Epsom, on Saturday 14th April. He was utterly charming and easy - fitting himself unobtrusively and sensitively into the whole event - equally jaw-dropping and at home with both the adult and the children’s magic tricks and completely in control of 21 children and their amusement throughout the adults’ lunch. The guests couldn’t praise him enough and neither can we. Pl...
Agata• 13 Oct 2018
Hello Matthew. I would like to thank you very much for the performance. Natasha had a great time and all kids seemed they enjoyed the party. Thanks, Best regards. Agata.
Christine and Mike• 8 Sep 2018
"Just a quick line to thank you for performing at Cassie and Dan’s wedding on Saturday. Our guests were very impressed with your performance and magic and you helped to make our special day even more special.
Thanks again and our best wishes to you for the future.
Christine and Mike"
Sara Friend• 16 Dec 2017
Just wanted to drop you an email to thank you for the wonderful show yesterday, it was really inspirational and delighted the children and adults, thank you. Will put your details to our PTA in case they are interested.
Brambleside CPS, Kettering"
- How long is the act?From 45 mins to whole day events Shows are typically 1 hour. Close Up Magic varies with audience numbers. For 50 guests 2 hours is recommended.
- What type of magic do you performMagic Suitable for all ages.
- How long do you need to set up?10 minutes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes, £10million Public Liability Insurance
- What experience do you have working with children?BA (Hons) Education PGCE + over 3,000 Events experience
- Are you DBS checked?Yes, Enhanced DBS Checked and Cleared. I am also on the Update service which means that my check is always up to date.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?No limit
Family Magic Shows
Bar / Bat Mitzvahs
Corporate Family Days