Mary Young Violinist
Mary is a versatile Violinist with a beautiful tone offering solo violin with backing tracks (some of which are recorded herself) including classical, jazz, Modern Popular songs, Film and TV, and Disney music. She provides a high quality pat tested speaker system which can be used for events of up to 500 people.
Mary studied at Trinity College of Music in London where she was the youngest person to win the TCM Soloist competition in John’s Smith Square. She now performs as a soloist, chamber/orchestral musician and as a session Violinist, more notably she has worked on Littlewoods and Oatibix adverts, with the bootleg beatles, and once for an episode of Rogue Traders! She has also performed live on 'Later Live with Jools Holland'.
She performs with various ensembles and orchestras, including the Kings Chamber Orchestra, New London Soloists Orchestra, Garden Opera, and Adoramus Orchestra, which she often leads.
As a soloist and as part of a violin Piano duo Mary performs with ...
Jo Lucas Munce• 28 Mar 2019
Mary was amazing. She played absolutely beautifully and helped to give the perfect tribute to my Granny. I would not hesitate to recommend her.
- How long do you play for?I play for as long as the client requests but the wedding packages are based on specific times that are stated by each package.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have my own PA with two speakers. I also have an electric violin and battery powered amp for outside situations.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I do.
- How much space do you require?I can fit into any space really and can adapt the equipment used to fit the space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?It's very likely that I will be able to play it. Just let me know what the song is and I will look into it for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It depends on how long I am playing for. If I was playing for an hour I would take a 5 min break.
Adagio from Spartacus
Romantic Pieces (No.1) - Dvorak
Meditaion - Massenet
Ladies in Lavender - Hess
Sonata in D (Movement 2 and 4) - Handel
Chanson de Matin - Elgar