I’m a professional Scottish bagpiper for hire. Available 7 days a week. I grew up in Glasgow and started learning the pipes at 11 years old. Then moved to the north of England in my early 20s. I have 30 years continuous experience playing to a high standard with pipe bands in Scotland and England. I've performed at hundreds of events as a solo musician. Including weddings, funerals, birthday parties, and more.
Brian William Connor• 8 Mar 2019
"We could not have asked for a better service ever !!
Malcolm was there on time exactly as requested and wow, he was superb.
Coming in far less expensive than any other piper we looked at and a friendly knowledgable piper he was too.
Exceeded all expectations thank you, Malcolm. (we even forgive your name not being ""McSmith)"
Kerry• 3 Mar 2019
Absolutely amazing. Very accommodating
Michelle• 24 Nov 2018
Absolutely brilliant would definitely recommended for any occasion will be booking again in the future
Shirlie• 18 Mar 2019
"Malcolm played for my amazing fathers funeral,
It was beautiful,
Malcolm was smart, professional and prompt,
Thank you so much."
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A bagpiper will typically play for 15-45 minutes each hour before requiring a break.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I accept requests to learn new music. Please ask.
- How much space do you require?Only require space for 1 person.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Not required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Not required.
- How long do you play for?Playing time is determined by the event. As a guide: Birthday\ Anniversary party- 1 hour. Funeral- 2 hours. Wedding- 3 hours. A bagpiper will typically play for 15- 45 minutes per session, before requiring a break.
I perform the bagpipes regularly throughout Lancashire, Cumbria & The Lake District, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Merseyside, and Greater Manchester. I also travel nationwide on request.