Malcolm Smith- Scottish Bagpiper
I’m a professional Scottish bagpiper for hire. Available 7 days a week. I grew up in Glasgow and started learning the pipes at 11 years old. Then moved to the north of England in my early 20s. I have 30 years continuous experience playing to a high standard with pipe bands in Scotland and England. I've performed at hundreds of events as a solo musician. Including weddings, funerals, birthday parties, and more.
Brian William Connor• 8 Mar 2019
"We could not have asked for a better service ever !!
Malcolm was there on time exactly as requested and wow, he was superb.
Coming in far less expensive than any other piper we looked at and a friendly knowledgable piper he was too.
Exceeded all expectations thank you, Malcolm. (we even forgive your name not being ""McSmith)"
michelle james• 28 Sep 2019
OMG what a night - I cannot recommend Malcom enough , nobody at my sons 30th knew about this surprise , my son was shocked
Malcolm joined in with all the banter and got the party into full swing and an amazing piper - Big thank you from us all 👍👍
John Bell• 4 Oct 2019
We used Malcolm for our Mum’s funeral. He was professional and approachable from the first communication. Exactly what we wanted and gave a fitting tribute to our mum. Superb service. Thank you.
Kerry• 3 Mar 2019
Absolutely amazing. Very accommodating
Michelle• 24 Nov 2018
Absolutely brilliant would definitely recommended for any occasion will be booking again in the future
- How long do you play for?Playing time is determined by the event. As a guide: Birthday\ Anniversary party- 1 hour. Funeral- 2 hours. Wedding- 3 hours. A bagpiper will typically play for 15- 45 minutes per session, before requiring a break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Not required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Not required.
- How much space do you require?Only require space for 1 person.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I accept requests to learn new music. Please ask.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A bagpiper will typically play for 15-45 minutes each hour before requiring a break.
I perform the bagpipes regularly throughout Lancashire, Cumbria & The Lake District, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Merseyside, and Greater Manchester. I also travel nationwide on request.