Lvov Affair are led by accordionist Basil Bunelik, who grew up in the town of Lvov in Ukraine, where Russian, Romanian, Hungarian melodies mingled with Ukrainian, Klezmer and Gypsy music providing a wonderfully rich and diverse source of material which the trio present with great skill, emotion and spirit.
"wonderfully evocative folk and gypsy music." - Chagford Inn.
Basil• Sept. 26, 2018
Wednesday Nights in the Chagford Inn becomes a whole lot more fun thanks to Lisa and her friends playing their special style of Klezmer and gypsy music. Lisa on violin with Basil the accordionist played some great music which made you want to leap up and dance balanced by some haunting slower pieces. The guitarist provided excellent support, as did the ’basso continuo’ from the accordionist's left hand using the whole instrument to boost the sound. Sparkling and precise music - a real joy!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Lvov Affair play the music and songs of the area around Lvov in Ukraine; Russian, Hungarian, Romanian, Klezmer and Gypsy music
- What are the highlights of your career?Leaving the teaching profession to concentrate on music
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Lvov Affair is led by accordionist Basil Bunelik who grew up in Lvov, Ukraine and has spent his entire life steeped in the folk music of the region
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Festivals; private parties; theme evenings.
- Who are your previous clients?Respect Festival Plymouth, Chagfird Inn Devon, Dartington Hall Totnes.
- How long do you play for?flexible
Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Hungarian, Moldovan, Klezmer, Gypsy songs and music