A sensational north-west based duo offering the widest range of music around. Whether you need a party set guaranteed to get your crowd singing along or a laid-back set to act as background music or to perfectly compliment your wedding breakfast, Lux Bay is the only name you need to remember!
Hannah & Helen Farmer• 6 May 2017
Wow what a day!! We want to say a big, massive thank you to you both for being part of the happiest day of our lives. Your amazing singing throughout the afternoon made us feel like we were part of an awesome movie! So many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed listening to you, and one even booked you for their wedding!! You were an absolute delight to deal with right from the start, you accommodated all our song choices and your excitement for our day made us look forward to it even...
Karen Thompson• 29 Dec 2018
Lux Bay Duo provided the entertainment for our wedding in December 2018, and they were amazing! We first heard them perform in the summer of 2018 and were really impressed by the quality and variety of their set. Prior to the wedding, Mick came to see us to discuss our playlist and a running order for the evening, which included the cutting of the cake, our first dance, Becci’s vocal sets (which really got the party started) and Mick’s DJ sets, which kept the dance floor filled all night.
Janine Platt• 27 Aug 2017
The mother of the bride would like to say a big thank you to Becci and Mick of Lux Bay duo for providing the brilliant entertainment at my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding. Becci – your voice is amazing and Mick was a great DJ. Would recommend anyone to book them to make their special day a day to remember…. Thank-you both x
Antony & Laura Thomason• 6 May 2018
Only got one word for yourselves and it was perfection! Everyone loved your music, I would highly recommend you to anyone with 100% confidence! Yet again thank you so much for making our day even more perfect. x
Becci• 6 May 2017
From Helen & Hannah: Becci and Mick,
"Wow what a day!!
We want to say a big, massive thank you to you both for being part of the happiest day of our lives.
Your amazing singing throughout the afternoon made us feel like we were part of an awesome movie!
So many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed listening to you, and one even booked you for their wedding!!
You were an absolute delight to deal with right from the start, you accommodated all our song choices and your ...
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Absolutely. We love receiving requests and learning new songs.
- What style of music do you offer?Truly something for everyone!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Wedding breakfast sets cansometimes (but not always) include a small break. When you hear the power in Becci's voice, you'll understand why she needs a very small amount of time out during a 2hr set every now and again.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We haven't been foxed by any requests to date so we're pretty confident we'll be able to do so!
- How much space do you require?Very minimal. One of the advantages of performing as a duo.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- How long do you play for?Evening party sets and acoustic crowd-pleaser sing-along sets are either 2 x 40 minute sets or a single 80 minute set. Wedding breakfast sets are up to 2 hours.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By direct bank transfer.
- Who are your previous clients?All private.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Primarily weddings and private functions though we will play just about anywhere!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We feature one of the most talented vocalists around. We truly play something for everyone, from Soul & Motown to current chart hits and stopping off at disco. indie, rock, 80's, 90's and 00's along the way. Our flexibility and ultiate aim to deliver truly bespoke packages which suit the exact needs of our clients. Our reliability. We have never let anyone down to date. Our approachability. We aim to please!
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing a wedding ceremony in the Concert Room at Liverpool's St George's Hall and performing at the party after. A stunning venue, delightful bridge & groom and a truly memorable day all round.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing a wedding ceremony in the Concert Room at Liverpool's St George's Hall and performing at the party after. A stunning venue, delightful bridge & groom, and a truly memorable day all round.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A supremely gifted duo, featuring one of the best vocalists in the North-West, delivering evening party sets, intimate acoustic wedding breakfast / ceremony sets, and acoustic crowd-pleasing sing-along sets.
Party set (played to backing tracks):
Can't Stop The Feeling (J Timberlake). Shut Up and Dance. Could You Be Loved. Beggin'. (Love Is Like A) Heatwave. 9 To 5. I Will Survive. Love Me Again. Tainted ...