A sensational north-west based duo offering the widest range of music around. Whether you need a party set guaranteed to get your crowd singing along or a laid-back set to act as background music or to perfectly compliment your wedding breakfast, Lux Bay is the only name you need to remember!
Karen Thompson• Dec. 29, 2018
"Lux Bay Duo provided the entertainment for our wedding in December 2018, and they were amazing! We first heard them perform in the summer of 2018 and were really impressed by the quality and variety of their set. Prior to the wedding, Mick came to see us to discuss our playlist and a running order for the evening, which included the cutting of the cake, our first dance, Becci’s vocal sets (which really got the party started) and Mick’s DJ sets, which kept the dance floor filled all night.
We cannot praise Lux Bay Duo highly enough. Mick and Becci are such lovely, friendly people, and they are consummate professionals. The evening went without a hitch and all our guests said how much they had enjoyed themselves. As our wedding was taking place between Christmas and New Year, we decided that our theme would be ‘A Party with a Wedding Thrown In’. We wanted it to be fun, and that’s exactly what it was! Thank you so much Mick and Becci."
Antony & Laura Thomason• May 6, 2018
Only got one word for yourselves and it was perfection! Everyone loved your music, I would highly recommend you to anyone with 100% confidence! Yet again thank you so much for making our day even more perfect. x
Janine Platt• Aug. 27, 2017
The mother of the bride would like to say a big thank you to Becci and Mick of Lux Bay duo for providing the brilliant entertainment at my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding. Becci – your voice is amazing and Mick was a great DJ. Would recommend anyone to book them to make their special day a day to remember…. Thank-you both x
Dani & Kirsty Webster• Aug. 20, 2017
We just want to say thank-you so so much for helping complete our special day. Without you guys it just wouldn’t have been half the day it was. So many of our guests kept complimenting you both to us and said how perfect the songs were and how beautifully you sang. We definitely highly recommend you guys! It’s been a pleasure meeting you and we’ll definitely keep in touch. We want to come to more of your gigs! Keep us posted. Thanks again xx
Hannah & Helen Farmer• May 6, 2017
Wow what a day!! We want to say a big, massive thank you to you both for being part of the happiest day of our lives. Your amazing singing throughout the afternoon made us feel like we were part of an awesome movie! So many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed listening to you, and one even booked you for their wedding!! You were an absolute delight to deal with right from the start, you accommodated all our song choices and your excitement for our day made us look forward to it even more. Fantastic music for everyone. You arrived as our band and you left as our friends.
Becci• May 6, 2017
"From Helen & Hannah: Becci and Mick,
""Wow what a day!!
We want to say a big, massive thank you to you both for being part of the happiest day of our lives.
Your amazing singing throughout the afternoon made us feel like we were part of an awesome movie!
So many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed listening to you, and one even booked you for their wedding!!
You were an absolute delight to deal with right from the start, you accommodated all our song choices and your excitement for our day made us look forward to it even more.
Fantastic music for everyone.
You arrived as our band and you left as our friends.
Please see site for more! :-)"
Services From Lux Bay
Acoustic Duo - Wedding Breakfast - 2 Hours
Acoustic Duo - Laid Back / Live Lounge Style Background Music - 90 Minutes
Acoustic Duo - Early Evening Crowd Pleaser Set - 90 Minutes
Acoustic Duo - Wedding Ceremony
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A supremely gifted duo, featuring one of the best vocalists in the North-West, delivering evening party sets, intimate acoustic wedding breakfast / ceremony sets, and acoustic crowd-pleasing sing-along sets.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing a wedding ceremony in the Concert Room at Liverpool's St George's Hall and performing at the party after. A stunning venue, delightful bridge & groom, and a truly memorable day all round.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We feature one of the most talented vocalists around. We truly play something for everyone, from Soul & Motown to current chart hits and stopping off at disco. indie, rock, 80's, 90's and 00's along the way. Our flexibility and ultiate aim to deliver truly bespoke packages which suit the exact needs of our clients. Our reliability. We have never let anyone down to date. Our approachability. We aim to please!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Primarily weddings and private functions though we will play just about anywhere!
- Who are your previous clients?All private.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By direct bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?Evening party sets and acoustic crowd-pleaser sing-along sets are either 2 x 40 minute sets or a single 80 minute set. Wedding breakfast sets are up to 2 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?Very minimal. One of the advantages of performing as a duo.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We haven't been foxed by any requests to date so we're pretty confident we'll be able to do so!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Wedding breakfast sets cansometimes (but not always) include a small break. When you hear the power in Becci's voice, you'll understand why she needs a very small amount of time out during a 2hr set every now and again.
- What style of music do you offer?Truly something for everyone!
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Absolutely. We love receiving requests and learning new songs.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes.
Party set (played to backing tracks):
Can't Stop The Feeling (J Timberlake). Shut Up and Dance. Could You Be Loved. Beggin'. (Love Is Like A) Heatwave. 9 To 5. I Will Survive. Love Me Again. Tainted Love. Get It On. Happy. Mr Brightside. Get Down Tonight. Higher and Higher (J Wilson). Get Lucky. I Got You (I Feel Good). You Keep Me Hanging On. Blame It On The Boogie. Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Uptown Funk. Place Your Hands. Sweet Child O Mine. We Are Family. And many more!
Wedding breakfast / laid-back acoustic set:
All of Me (J Legend). Make You Feel My Love (Adele). Diamonds (Rihanna). At Last (E James). Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer). How Will I Know (W Houston). Love Me Do (The Beatles). Yours (Ella Henderson). Can't Fight the Moonlight (L Rimes). Just the Way You Are (B Mars). How Long Will I Love You (E Goulding). Stand By Me (Ben E King). Let's Stay Together (Al Green). Three Little Birds (B Marley). Every Time We Touch (Cascada). When Love Takes Over (D Guetta). Stay (Rihanna). Marry You (B Mars). One and Only (Adele). And many more!
Acoustic crowd-pleaser / sing-along set:
Get Lucky. Counting Stars. Hit the Road Jack. Rude. Crush (J Paige). Rather Be. Tainted Love. Mr Brightside. Don't Look Back In Anger. Perfect. Half the World Away. Blame It On the Boogie. Mysterious Girl. Billie Jean. Living On A Prayer. Come Together. I Wanna Dance With Somebody. You Keep Me Hanging On. Sunny Afternoon. Ho Hey! Love Me Again. 9 To 5. Happy. You Got The Love. Wrapped Up. My Guy. My Girl. And many more!