A young, fresh acoustic duo from the North East of England. Available for all kinds of occasions. Able to blend into the atmosphere playing chilled background tracks or able to bring the party to life with upbeat, fun tunes to get people dancing. Can play a mix of pop, soul, rock, and jazz.
stephen chisholm• July 7, 2019
They did a very good performance for our event, they went down really well with the crowd, loved by all. Please thank them very much for the service they gave.
Would use them again.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A young, fresh acoustic duo from North East England. Playing all the good ones that make you say 'I love this song!' Pop, rock, soul and jazz.
- What are the highlights of your career?Whilst in the early stages of their career, Lucy and Luke were in a band that toured the UK playing original material. They then settled down in Newcastle and Luke completed his Masters degrees in music, whilst Lucy has been working with her agent in Newcastle and doing a lot of acting gigs. They've played venues such as The Botanist, The Stack, Tiger Hornsby, Mr Lynches and Liberty Browns, as well as many corporate events.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have both got a lot of experience in this industry. Lucy trained for 2 years at a full time performing arts school and Luke has completed his Masters degree so both have a vast knowledge of music. Great stage presence and likability. We're genuine people that love what we do, none of the fake stagey-ness here! Also both can do vocals, so it creates a different dynamic.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We've played bars and restaurants, playing either chilled background music or upbeat party music. We've played private themed events. Also a number is corporate gigs at businesses and the university awards nights. We've also played a number of weddings.
- Who are your previous clients?Tiger Hornsby Stack The Botanist Mr Lynch Liberty Brown Newcastle University Lost and Found Multiple weddings and private parties o2 Academy around the UK
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer. We will send an invoice after the event.
- How long do you play for?However long the client would like. We can cater sets for any event.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have a PA and speaker system and lights.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Not currently but this is something we're in the process of.
- How much space do you require?Not a lot. Enough for 2 people and a few speakers! Just a corner of the room will do!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! It's better to know in advance before the gig so we can have it well rehearsed but we can take requests on the day too.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It depends on each gig. Usually if we have multiple sets, we like to take a 15 minute break but some clients prefer a longer wait. So whatever suits the event.
Hold Back the River
Pumped up Kicks
I wanna dance with somebody
Send me on my way
Good for You
Mr Rock and Roll
Don’t stop the music
Want to want me
One Last Time
Locked out of Heaven
You don’t own me
Cooler than me
Don’t Let go
Genie in a bottle
Cant feel my face
Hey Soul Sister
I kissed a girl
You Oughta Know
Any style or songs available upon request. This is just an example set. Able to do soul, rock, blues, folk and pop.