An event with The Lonely Mister Punch is an EXTRAVAGANZA of EPIC PROPORTIONS..... MUSIC and DANCE with both original and traditional flavours from around the Empire.
With a CORNUCOPIA of REAL MOVING MUSICIANS your evening will be sure to go with a swing.....
Each event can be tailored to meet even the most exacting of requirements
All types of events catered for; Ceilidhs, Barn Dances, Folk festivals, beer festivals, weddings, fund raising, birthdays, corporate events, or just great parties.
Ian Frudd• 8 Jun 2019
What a fantastic lively group of musicians, suburb music which got everybody dancing all night with help from the caller and dancing team helped guests to enjoy themselves.
A great night was enjoyed by all and the feed back from the guests was outstanding.
Thank you for making the night so enjoyable.
Nigel Holt• 11 Nov 2017
Quite simply THE BEST ceilidh band! We saw these guys at the Lincoln Steampunk Asylum last year and loved them so much we had to have them for our Steampunk wedding. They were just amazing, the look of happiness of our guests faces as they danced and the number of people who are still talking about the band says it all. And, I might add, the whole whole band is really nice, a genuinely great bunch of people as well as being fantastic musicians and incredibly entertaining. There aren't enough sup...
Tash & Nick• 22 Jul 2017
We had The Lonely Mister Punch Band for our wedding and wow, what a fantastic band they are! We were so pleased! All of the guests had an incredible time up dancing. We did lots of the organising for the wedding ourselves and when the band arrived they just got right on with getting set up - it was great! Nothing was an issue. We are so grateful for the wonderful energy the band created and the memories they have helped us to make
Sue Brown• 7 Feb 2017
"""Just wanted to thank you and the rest of the band for a fantastic night on Saturday. We have received so many comments from our guests on how nice it was to have something different & how much fun it was. Also received lots of comments on how fantastic the music was. It was great that so many joined in the dancing and thanks to the girls on the floor trying to guide us through the dance. Think at times they had their work cut out but it was half the fun !!! Would not hesitate to recommend lon...
Jessica Griffiths• 10 Mar 2018
"""The Lonely Mister Punch filled the room with energy, the music was great and the band members on the floor were invaluable in making sure people were able to follow the moves from the caller. They played a great variety of music with a mixture of Ceilidh dances to keep it exciting throughout the evening, and ensure guests of all ages were up on the dance floor.
The band was excellent providing help and advice throughout the booking process and on the night seamlessly set up and sound checke...
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?we do not normally do request as our repertoire is rather special with our own arrangements. We can however play your music via our PA system if you have a first dance etc.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?one break but we do normally play a few tunes during the break.
- How much space do you require?normally 5 metres x 4 metres should be ok
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have full public liability insurance. Our equipment is checked regularly but we do not have PAT as this is not a legal requirement and checking the system regularly is superior to a once a year test.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a state of the art PA system with our own sound tech plus LED lighting system to create the right atmosphere.
- How long do you play for?two 1 1/2 hour sets with a half hour break in between
- Who are your previous clients?Asylum Steampunk Festival, Retford Steampunk Masquerade Ball, MENSA, RAF Cranwell, RAF Conningsby, Morecambe Steampunk Society, and weddings and birthday parties too numerous to mention.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Festivals, birthday parties, weddings, Burns Night suppers, St. Patrick Night shindigs.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our music and costume giving us something different from any other ceilidh band. We now offer a package that includes our Bagpipe player for weddings, Burns Night suppers and other festive occassions.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing for the Empire Ball at Lincoln Engine Shed during the Asylum Steampunk Festival.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A Steampunk ceilidh/barn dance band with many years of experience playing for all sorts of events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?we ask for a deposit with the balance being due prior to the performance.
We have our own caller, Jill, who will teach the dances and is a very good judge of abilities. She will keep the evening moving along starting with simple dances, progressing to Stripping The Willow i...