A popular Manchester based function band formed in 2010, playing covers of classic pop, funk, soul, motown and disco hits, we provide unbeatable quality and value for money with a dancefloor driven repertoire honed through years of playing weddings, birthdays, festivals, corporate events and clubs.
We also offer an acoustic duo LeLounge! comprising acoustic guitarist / singer Dave with female lead vocalist Laura-Jayne. This can be booked in isolation or as an add on when booking the main band.
Party & Wedding DJ Service and PA
In addition to the live band, we can provide all the recorded music you'll need, a DJ service, disco and stage lighting and your own microphone for speeches and announcements. We'll build your ideal playlists in advance, and also bring thousands of hits to satisfy your guests’ requests on the day.
Wedding First Dance or Special Requests
If you would like us to perform a song that isn't in the band's current repertoire, this is almost always possib...
Sandie• 2 Feb 2018
The band were absolutely great. Everyone remarked on how good they were. Thanks LeFunk for really making my party special.
martin rothwell• 19 Jan 2018
Thank you so much for all your work you put in for Julies surprise party.
She loved every minute of it and all the guests had a great time.
Should we have any more events and require a band and DJ you will be at the top of the list to contact.
Thanks again and all the very best for 2018
Michelle Forder• 23 Jun 2018
Amazing band so talented and friendly.
Perfect fit for our 40th BBQ Garden Party
Maia Leeds• 26 Jan 2019
From the start LeFunk! were responsive, respectful and very organised so I knew exactly where I stood and it made organising the event really easy, which I really appreciated.
At the party the band were helpful and generous in supplying the equipment we needed. They were the perfect band for our event. The music was fantastic. They are excellent musicians. Everyone was so impressed with the singer and lots of people asked about how I booked the band etc. The music they performed was in kee...
Pauline McMahon• 4 Jul 2016
Great people, very prompt and professional. We had a great night and will definitely book them again. We had a lot of kids at our party and the band were very accommodating forbus. Thanks again Dave, Laura and Paul, Stars!! Highly recommend LeFunk.
- Can we see you live before booking you?Yes, we mainly take private bookings so can't invite you to those, but you can check our website main page to see a list of public gigs coming up at any time. Just google LeFunk! and you'll find us.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We don't play any longer than 90 mins in one go but breaks only need be ten or fifteen minutes between sets - it's entirely up to the organiser of the event and is flexible on the night. We also need a break of an 20 mins between a performance of the acoustic duo or solo wedding singer and the main band. We would usually play either 2 x 45minute sets (in pubs and clubs), or 1 x 45min set plus 1 x 75min set (at events), with a break normally timed to coincide with the buffet, auctions, raffles etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Most previous clients are individuals and couples who have hired us to perform at function rooms in hotels, sports clubs or theatres. Some other notable clients include: The RAF, DW Stadium, Wigan Athletic, Adelphi Group, Stockport Council, Kinder Mountain Rescue Team, Tyco, Manchester 231 and Grosvenor Casinos, The Scouts (Tatton Park) Channel4 TV
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We've played weddings, birthdays, corporate parties and awards nights, garden parties, charity balls, christmas banquets, theatres, ticketed New Year's Eve parties, retirement parties, nightclubs, festivals and quality bars and clubs
- It's a black tie function. Will the band dress accordingly?Yes. No matter where we play the band is always smartly clothed but for a black tie event we will certainly wear formal evening attire if requested.
- What sort of venues will you play at?We'll consider any venue as long as there is power and adequate protection from the elements. We've played at just about every conceivable type of venue from intimate house parties and cosy bar corners to major hotel suites, festivals and theatres. We will require suitable access and facilities to unload and bring our equipment in to the venue. Please note we will also decline requests to perform at venues where we believe the safety of the band, the band's equipment or guests may be at risk.
- How far will you travel?As a popular band based in South Manchester 90 percent of our bookings fall in the North West, North Wales, Lancashire, Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire regions. Within these areas we believe we are unbeatable value for money. However we will happily quote for bookings further afield (potentially anywhere in the UK), but must of course factor in additional travel and accommodation costs when we quote.
- The Venue has a Sound Limiter is this a Problem?Not at all as long as we are aware of it in advance. A sound limiter monitors the volume of sound in the room, and automatically cuts off power to the stage if a threshold is reached. Acoustic drums (or amplified acoustic drums) are the biggest risk, but our drummer will avoid this by bringing his electronic drum kit which makes no significant sound until amplified through the PA. The trio version of the band, MiniLeFunk! uses self produced backing tracks for the drum and keyboard parts, so is also unaffected, as is the duo format. The question that should perhaps instead be asked, is whether you are happy to have such a restriction imposed on the volume of music at your event.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If the event is a wedding we will learn your first dance or a favourite tune as part of the quote. For other events we can learn any new song for you for a small addition to the fee.
- How much space do you require?Our multiple line-ups and choice of different setups make us adaptable to just about any venue. However, the full five piece band requires a minimum area of 4m x 3m, the three piece an area of around 3m x 3m, and the duo around 2.5m by 2m.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have PLI up to 10 Million Pounds and a copy of our PAT Test certificate can be provided if the venue requests one.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we own all our own PA and lighting and have many options to suit each event, from portable low footprint set ups to 4KW PA with extensive stage and dancefloor lights, smoke machine and starcloth backdrops.
- How long do you play for?This will vary to suit your event. The main band will play for up to two hours + encores + your first dance, but we require a break after any 90 minute period of playing. You could therefore have a short 30 min set followed by a break to serve buffet, then a 90 minute set. Where additional options such as classical guitar, acoustic duo or solo wedding singer have been booked for the earlier part of an event, duration is generally up to 90 minutes. Where a Laptop DJ service is included, this will be provided throughout the evening while the band is not playing, and the content can be tailored to your requirements (playlists built in advance), or requests taken on the night.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment is by cheque or direct bank transfer. Paypal can be used with a slight surcharge to cover Credit Card processing costs. We normally ask for a 20% deposit in advance and the balance payment on the event day or before. We send signed booking contracts out at time of requesting the deposit, and ask you to countersign and return one booking form to us along with the deposit payment.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our flexibility and versatility - allows us to provide musical entertainment for a wide range of budgets, from the all live five piece band to the acoustic duo, which itself can be ramped up to include a second set of electric guitar and vocals accompanied by self produced backing tracks. We also have the ability to provide all the music you could want for your function, from classical guitar or acoustic duo in the early phases, perhaps a wedding singer during your meal, background music, DJ service and full band or trio for the wedding reception or main event. Not least, our lead singer Laura Jayne Hunter always gets everyone in the audience involved so you can guarantee a memorable night of interaction between the band and guests as well as top quality live performances.
- What are the highlights of your career?We've played at Llangollen Pavilion, performed on the same bill as famous comedians, been approached for TV appearances, appeared on the same stage as Shakatak, and have played at some of the most beautiful wedding venues around the UK.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We provide a range of band formats that perform live dance classics for parties and functions, and provide all the music, recorded and live that you could want for a wedding or birthday, from cocktail acoustic guitar up to the full 5 piece band and DJ service complete with PA and lighting.
Please note the repertoire is expanding all the time - the below was correct as at December 2017
24K Magic Bruno Mars
Blurred Lines Pharrell Williams