We are a high energy 1920s - 1950s trio that plays popular Blues, Jazz, Ragtime, Rock & Roll, Swing and Boogie music.
With guitar, double bass, drums, washboard and three vocals, Leeds City Stompers produce a sound as authentic and vibrant as our favourite pre-1950's influences
We're all fans of traditional blues, jazz, swing etc and LOVE bringing to life the music we adore! We have classic and well-loved songs such as: Dust My Broom, Shake Rattle and Roll, Sitting on Top of the World and Sweet Home Chicago as well as many others.
The band uses 1930s metal resonator guitars, a real 1920s drum kit and washboards as well as wearing tailored vintage suits. We swap instruments and singers at various times in a set. This provides you with a show with a wide variety of sounds and styles while also being authentic, danceable and with the odd quip between songs - entertaining and humorous.
The band has tailored its set and show to get folks dancing at parties and weddings. We do around 50+ private parties a year as well as other public shows so will do around 120 gigs a year.
We have full PA and lights as well as necessary PAT test certificates and PL insurances so you don't need to worry about anything. Just book us and we'll take care of the rest!
We play all over the UK and europe and are the perfect band for vintage events, weddings, parties and Great Gatsby or Prohibition themed shows.
Previous clients include; The National Railway Museum, The Barbican, KPMG, Leeds University as well as 18ths, 21sts, 30ths, 40ths, 50ths, 60ths and many many weddings.
Get in touch to see what we can do for you. Were always happy to help suggest things and help you put a great party or event on! There's no venue or situation we haven't seen.
David• Dec. 9, 2015
First and foremost, thanks for the other night, the gig was great and everyone loved it! Wasn’t sure if everyone would be into it (not that we cared it was what we wanted!!) but everyone genuinely did and really did top off a great day. Thanks again and hope to see you guys at a gig when we are back from honeymoon.
Services From Leeds City Stompers
1920s - 40s Trio - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:1920s - 1940s trio playing popular songs in a way to get folks dancing.
- What are the highlights of your career?Supporting Radio 2's Claire Teal at a Jazz Festival in Bath, Beauvais Blues Festival in France; headlining the acoustic stage at The Great British Rhythm and Blues Festival, the 50+ happy clients from private events per year.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have authentic instruments and tailor made suits so really bring the era to life with an edge.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, prohibition events, Peaky Blinders shows, jazz clubs, blues clubs, festivals etc.
- Who are your previous clients?The National Railway Museum, KPMG, Malmaison, The Dorchester
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash, BACS, Cheque etc.
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 but do ask for other services.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes and all PAT tested.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Wed do!
- How much space do you require?Minimum 3m x 2m.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We charge to learn songs. We all do 200+ gigs a year with this band or others so time isn't very free to learn extras.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Generally one break as needed.
WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN – TRAD
SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLL - BILL HALEY
KING OF THE SWINGERS - LOUIS PRIMA
SAN FRANSICO BAY BLUES – JESSE FULLER
FOLSOM PRISON - JOHNNY CASH
HELLO DOLLY - LOUIS ARMSTRONG
KANSAS CITY - BIG JOE TURNER
We have around 2 hours to choose from and although we have a tightly rehearsed 'routine' with instrument swaps can adapt to the mood as the night progresses.
The music covers various vintage styles for dancing such as The Charleston, Lindy Hop, Swing, Rock & Roll and Boogie.