I am Lauren Azania - Shades of Motown! I've sung at hundreds of weddings and other types of functions and parties, and I would love to come and entertain at your event!
My usual genre is Motown, Disco and Soul! I like to get the audience up on their feet singing along to the Motown classics - at a request, I can also sing modern R&B and soul and even gospel!!
I pride myself on really engaging with my audience, and ensuring I tailor our performance to maximise everyone's enjoyment!
I am mobile, and currently gig nationwide from the Kent coast all the way to the Scottish mountains, so please don't hesitate to get in contact.
I also sing with my wonderful quartet - TSMC - we usually perform at wedding ceremonies, christenings and in bars and pubs - so get in touch if you are looking for a small but mighty choir to add the extra oomph to your event!
Steven Saxby• 7 Jul 2018
'Lauren is such a warm performer. Her soulful interpretation of a wide range of musical styles brings a smile to the heart. We had so much positive feedback about her at our recent festival.'
Steven Saxby• 7 Jul 2018
Lauren is such a warm performer. Her soulful interpretation of a wide range of musical styles brings a smile to the heart. We had so much positive feedback about her at our recent festival.
Rob• 26 Jan 2019
Lauren really got the party started. Everyone was impressed with her voice and energy. She was very easy to work with and professional. Recommend her to get your guests on the dance floor.
Faiaa• 7 Apr 2019
AMAZING and so talented she was so professional and did a fantastic job will definitely we hiring again x
Adam Taylor• 5 May 2018
"""As all promoters know, performers are up there with working with animals or children. Lauren, though, is a bookers' dream. Professional throughout, can flex for any audience or occasion. Wonderful."""
- How long do you play for?2/3 songs all the way up to 3 hours.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 10-15 min break per hour slot.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes always happy to learn new material!
- Who are your previous clients?The Pheasantry, Kings Road London Ye Olde Rose and Crown Theatre Pub, London Pizza Express Live, Fulham London The Botanist, Reading The Botanist, Farnham
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, festivals, restaurants.
- How much space do you require?Minimal - only standing space
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
Some of the more popular songs!
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
We are Family - Sister Sledge
Baby Love - The Supremes
I will Survive - Gloria Gayn...