Kingsfolk has been providing quality music for ceilidhs and barn dances for more than 12 years. Our line up includes accordion, violin, drums and bass, and we have a busy diary of events which include weddings, birthday parties and fundraising events. The traditional folk tunes we play are described as full-on and vibrant. It is just the kind of sound to liven up a party and get people onto the dance floor.
Miss HEB John• 2 Mar 2019
What a great night! Kingsfolk made my birthday so special. Pre-event communications with Simon were detailed timely and professional. I had a small venue and Kingsfolk were very accommodating, adapting dances and even visiting the venue beforehand to ensure smooth running on the night. On the night Simon, Jocelyn and Andy arrived early to set up their equipment and looked very smart in the Kingsfolk colours. Andy adapted the dances so well to suit the space and was able to command quite a lively...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break of about 30 minutes in the middle of the evening is perfect, but we will adapt to changing circumstances.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. We are prepared to take requests, provided they are in the same genre as our repertoire. We would require at least 2 week's notice to prepare am unknown piece.
- How much space do you require?A stage space of 10 square metres is ideal, but we can adapt to the space available at the venue.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance, up to £5million, is provided by the Musicians Insurance Company. All the band's electrical equipment is PAT tested annually.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?All PA equipment and lighting is provided by the band.
- How long do you play for?Typical events last for 3 hours. Two sets of one and a quarter hours with a 30minute break in between for refreshments. We are flexible about timings and will always try to fit in with the requirements of the client.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment is by BACS into an on-line bank account. (Cheques are accepted if that is preferred) 10% deposit is required with the booking form and the remainder is required 7 days prior to the function date.
- Who are your previous clients?Many private parties and receptions. Children of Rwanda Charity Scout and Guide Association Wellington College Brighton College Royal Russell School University College London (Musicians Association)
- What kind of events do you usually serve?School and Church social functions. Burns Night ceilidhs and birthday parties.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Many of the musicians who play with Kingsfolk are students or young people in their twenties.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing for a very special wedding at the Royal Horseguards Hotel off Whitehall. Playing for a fundraising ceilidh in Central London where more than 200 young people were putting all their energy into the dancing. Burns Night Ceilidhs in some of the most distinguished public schools in the South East.
Rakes of Mallow
Bobby Shaftoe medley
Cock of the North