Kingsfolk has been providing quality music for ceilidhs and barn dances for more than 12 years. Our typical line-up includes accordion, violin, drums and bass, and we have a busy diary of events which include weddings, birthday parties and fundraising events. The traditional folk tunes we play are described as full-on and vibrant. It is just the kind of sound to liven up a party and get people onto the dance floor.
Carina Edwards• 6 Apr 2019
An excellent band who made our anniversary party absolutely awesome. They were very professional but also had a great sense of humour and really encouraged everyone to get into the spirit of things.
Miss HEB John• 2 Mar 2019
What a great night! Kingsfolk made my birthday so special. Pre-event communications with Simon were detailed timely and professional. I had a small venue and Kingsfolk were very accommodating, adapting dances and even visiting the venue beforehand to ensure smooth running on the night. On the night Simon, Jocelyn and Andy arrived early to set up their equipment and looked very smart in the Kingsfolk colours. Andy adapted the dances so well to suit the space and was able to command quite a lively...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment is by BACS into an on-line bank account. (Cheques are accepted if that is preferred.) 10% deposit is required with the booking form and the remainder is required 7 days prior to the function date.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break of about 30 minutes in the middle of the evening is good, but we will adapt to changing circumstances.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are happy to consider requests, provided they are in the same genre as our repertoire. We would require at least 2 weeks' notice to prepare an unknown piece.
- How much space do you require?A stage space of 10 square metres is (i.e. 5 x 2 metres) is suitable, but we can usually adapt to the space available at the venue.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance, up to £5million, is provided by the Musicians Insurance Company. All the band's electrical equipment is PAT tested annually.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?All PA equipment and lighting is provided by the band.
- How long do you play for?Typical events last for 3 hours. Two sets of one and a quarter hours with a 30 minute break in between for refreshments. We are flexible about timings and will always try to fit in with the requirements of the client.
- Who are your previous clients?Many private parties and receptions. Examples include Children of Rwanda Charity, Scout and Guide Association, Wellington College, Brighton College, and Royal Russell School.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, wedding receptions, Parents' Association events, charity fundraisers, seasonal events such as Burns Night Ceilidhs and St. Patrick's evenings, church and school social functions, and corporate events.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our enthusiasm and flexibility!
- What are the highlights of your career?We've done too many memorable events to pick a favourite . We enjoy meeting a wide range of people, and love seeing our friends again at return bookings.
Our repertoire includes a wide variety of folk music.
As well as playing for dances we can also provide instrumental and vocal background music.
Examples of some of our repertoire -
Scottish: The Da...