The richness provided by the accordion, powerful rhythm guitar and bodhran give a fullness of sound that belies the number of people on stage and with a repertoire encompassing fast and furious Celtic songs and tunes, gentle ballads and quality contemporary numbers by the likes of Christy Moore, Eric Bogle and Ewan MacColl as well as some original material, this East Midlands based band are one of the most sought after on the circuit.
The band was formed in 1983 with our vocalist, Tony, being one of the original line-up. Since then, Kellys Heroes have played to audiences including 40,000 people at the Glasgow Mayfest, 25,000 at the Heineken Big Top with The Pogues, a Chateau in France for a very exclusive birthday party and to 6 people in a kitchen for a family celebration as well as just about every other type of event you can imagine in between!
Some of the more memorable venues Kellys Heroes have played include The Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, The Alexandra Palace, London, ...
Alice Duggan• 11 Aug 2018
Kelly's Heros were absolutely spot on. Really got the party going and although we were all new to Ceilidh the caller kept us all right! They arrived an hour early to set up and were flexible to any requests, they even played 'one more tune' at the end. I would highly recommend for any event!
Olivia Gunn• 19 Jan 2019
Amazing! I had about 80 people at my birthday party and the majority had never been to a Ceilidh before. Everyone got involved and loved it! It was a great atmosphere, thank you guys!
Rob Clarke• 27 Aug 2017
We just wanted to say thank you to yourself and the band for being part of our big day. You were absolutely superb from start to finish and as you could probably tell from all the dancing, our guests absolutely loved all your music too! You got people up there dancing who I've never seen on a dance floor before. We've had nothing but compliments about what a great idea it was to have you perform at the wedding. Thank you again, we will never forget it! Kind Regards Rob & Jade Clarke
Nic & Vin• 8 Apr 2017
Dear Kellys Heroes, Thank you so much for playing at our wedding. You were brilliant and so patient with us! So many of our guests have remarked how much they loved it- from the 20 year olds to the 70 year olds, all loved it and joined in, which is exactly what we wanted. Even the hip-hop fans who normally grumble at anything else were up having a whale of a time. We appreciated you expertise and advice and would recommend you to others. We hope you enjoyed playing and we're sorry the rugby scor...
Will T.• 7 Jan 2017
Hi, Hope you're all well! Just a quick email to let you know my appreciation for both your music and your passion shown at the weekend. You played at my partners grandparents party on Saturday evening and I must say both I and everyone attending was absolutely blown away by you guys! I will definitely be contacting you in the future to book again. All the best for the new year!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have full Public Liability Insurance and all of our electrical eqipment is PAT tested annually. All certificates can be emailed on confirmation of a booking if required.
- How much space do you require?A minimum of 10ft wide by 7ft deep
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We don't learn specific numbers for specific gigs but it's always worth asking if we can do a request that's not on our current list!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Our PA will cover venues with a capacity of up to 250 people and we carry two floor spotlights as standard.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anything and everything! We've been doing this for a long time so if we haven't exactly done your type of event you can pretty much guarantee we've done something similar :)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For 2x45 mins sets, one break 20-30 mins For ceilidhs of up to 3 hour time slot, usually one break of approx 30 mins.
All For Me Grog
Ballad of Cable Street
Banks Of Red Roses
Banks Of The Roses
Black Velvet Band
Black Is The Colour