Perfect for weddings, 40's war themes, Rat Pack or any party that requires the best in Big Band and swing music.
An excellent 9 piece dance band that also presents as Kal's Kats -jump jive and swing
We are delighted to have some of the finest vocalists on the 40's and swing era scene - including Laura Brookes. and Julie Whoolley (Aka Mamma Jules)
We present in full U.S Army Air Force uniform as per Glenn Miller or traditional Dinner suits for black tie /Rat Pack events or even take it back in time with Tails coats for the 20's era.
Bringing you a perfect balance of Ballroom, Sequence, Latin, Jive, Rock n roll to up beat party medleys including Barn Dances and fun numbers to create that full party buzz.
We can also provide some first class dancing demonstrations and tuition via our dance partners Red&Ginger
Whether you're looking for an evening of dancing or wanting to host a party or celebrate an event, then The Kalamazoo Dance Band is the perfect solution.
Whilst here, we also run a the Soultown Kats which is a perfect soul and motown band for parties and events and also Kal’s Kats which is a superb vintage swing band that has appeared on TV and films
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A very popular 1940’s style Glenn Miller big band presenting in authentic US Army Air Force military uniforms playing all the greats of the era and our superb stage presentations make for a fantastic atmosphere.
- What are the highlights of your career?Having been chosen to perform and feature in a hollywood film Phantom Thread starring Sir Daniel Day Lewis. Featured in Peaky Blinders filmset. Written and produced songs for the BBC including the world cup football anthem - England’s Glory.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?superb stage presence to really create that atmosphere and wow factor- Dance tuition to engage the audience and get everyone on their feet.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?everything from large 40’s festival playing to 20,000 visitors, corporate events, weddings and private parties
- Who are your previous clients?annapurna films BBC Tv BBC radio Derby and Nottingham BBC radio 2 - Chris Evans Carfest Peaky Blinders filmset Black country living museum Mental Health UK
- How can event planners pay for your services?Can pay via bank transfer or paypal or cheque or cash
- How long do you play for?2x60mins minutes or 3x 45 mins but am flexible to discuss requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes, full Pa system choice to suit large festivals at eg 30kw rig and down to smaller private venue style Pa systems
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes all certification is provided in advance and also carried at every event
- How much space do you require?usually 4m wide by 3 m deep but can be flexible
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?yes we frequently arrange a piece of music for our clients eg wedding song etc
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?normally 15 to 20 mins breaks so as not to allow too much downtime - either one or two breaks
we provide full PA system and lighting as well as providing dance tuition and will also write and play your special song eg first wedding dance - we will tailor the programme to your exact requirements