Born from parents hailing from Forest Gate and Ilford it's perhaps no surprise that I've always been drawn to the music of Chas ‘n’ Dave and the sounds of this area and era.
Only later in life did I find out that my Grandmother also played the pubs around the East End performing cockney standards. So I can say this music is truly in my blood!
Having run a Chas 'n' Dave themed band for a number of years I found I loved performing this music so much that I created my Jonny Rockney solo show. As well as all the hits of Chas 'n' Dave you'll also hear numbers from Muscial Hall greats like Harry Champion, through to Skiffle legends like Lonnie Donegan and Rock 'n' Roll favourites.
Enjoyed by young and old I've perfomed at a wide variety of events from Blenheim Palace to care homes, pubs, weddings, events and corporate shows.
Thank you for reading and if you are booking me I very much look forward to performing at your event!
Al Bainbridge• May 26, 2018
Have seen him perform on two separate occasions and both times he was brilliant and a smashing lad to boot!
Sheila Rahmann Sruti• Sept. 9, 2017
Jonny performed at our wedding and made it such a special day. We had so many positive comments afterwards from friends and family. If you're looking for a professional and talented musician for your wedding or event I'd strongly recommend him.
John Goode• July 22, 2017
a very talented man and come highly reccommended!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, clubs, weddings, corporate and social events.
- Who are your previous clients?Blenheim Palace Marie Curie Loose Cannon London Ferrara Festival Cafe de Paris Maids Head Hotel Norwich
- How long do you play for?Up to 2 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. A range of pa options. Outdoor battery powered optional.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Around 2m square should be fine
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With enough notice should be fine
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically 1 to make 2 x 1 hour sets. I ask for my break to be no longer than 30 mins.
Any Old Iron – Harry Champion
When I'm Cleaning Windows – George Formby
Music Hall Medley - Various
Bangin in yer Head – Chas 'n' Dave
Have a Drink on me – Lonnie Donegan
Mr Woogie – Chas n Dave
Railroad Bill – Chas n Dave Version
San Franciso Bay Blues – Jesse Fuller
Right String Baby – Carl Perkins
One Fing n Annuver – Chas n Dave
Pick a Bale of Cotton/ Midnight Special – Lonnie Donegan
This Ole House – Stuart Hamblen
Ooh La La – The Small Faces
Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
All Shook Up – Elvis Presley
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
That's Alright Mama – Elvis Presley
That Ol' Piano - Chas 'n' Dave
Musn't Grumble - Chas 'n' Dave
Gertcha - Chas 'n' Dave
20 Flight Rock – Eddie Cochran
London Girls - Chas n Dave
In Sickness & in Health – Chas n Dave
Putting on the Style – Lonnie Donegan
Margate - Chas n Dave
It Must Be Love - Madness
Snooker Loopy - Chas n Dave
Our House - Madness
Rabbit - Chas n Dave
House of Fun - Madness
Sideboard Song - Chas n Dave
Obladi Oblada – The Beatles
Enjoy Yourself/Madness - Prince Buster
Cockney Medley - Various
Aint no Pleasin You - Chas n Dave