John Constantine is an experienced close up magician utilising skilful sleight-off-hand skills and misdirection. He has an engaging and personable manner involving the audience and bringing them along with him on a magical journey. Polite and well-spoken as well as amusing, John will enhance your event and leave your guests passing high praise to you for having him there. John also offers a comedy-magic cabaret service.
John Constantine is also an experienced speaker for corporations and membership groups. Based in Leicester, John performs widely throughout the UK. He is a full time professional magician (most others are weekend/ part-time magicians) and
has been amazing audiences with his magic professionally for over 20 years. He combines the best in close up magic with a but additionally if you are looking for a magician who not only knows how to do 'tricks' but also knows how to engage and charm your audiences, look no further than John. He is widely booked in the wedding,...
Natasha Sond• 5 Sep 2017
absolutely fantastic! Very classic set up, exactly what I was hoping for from a table magician. Charming and entertaining magician, would recommend 100%.
- How many people will you perform for?Please note the sub-divisions here into 'Close up' magic and 'Stand up' magic: CLOSE-UP MAGIC By it's nature close up magic means that the magician approaches people around dinner tables or in small groups who are standing and chatting informally over drinks. This means that within the confines of a 2-2.5 hour booking, John realistically can only reach up to 120 guests. If you have more than this John can arrange a second magician at a large discount, otherwise please be prepared to accept that John can only reach the majority rather than all table and will of course ensure tables that you nominate (VIP tables, close colleague or family tables) are not missed out. STAND-UP (Cabaret style) MAGIC John can perform to any size audience from 20-2,000 with the following conditions: > For audiences up to about 50 or so people John performs a 'stand up' magic act or PowerPoint presentation on magic without lights or amplification > For 60-100 people John will need amplification and a hands-free microphone. John does not provide these and clients will have to provide or hire these (John can advise specifications) > For 100-2,000 people John will need the amplification specified above and a camera projected on a screen so that the audience can see the objects with which he is performing his magic clearly.
- Will your magic suit my event?Yes, any event except children's parties. > John includes entertaining children at their parents' tables at Weddings and adult birthdays children. John performs outstanding visual magic that all-ages appreciate and enjoy. But John excludes children's parties simply because acts that perform at children's parties are largely 'clown-like' in nature where skilled 'sleight of hand' is largely (and sometimes completely) absent! John believes children deserve to see and experience better quality magic where if it is delivered in the right way, they can enjoy the same magic with the whole family at their tables. > John routinely customises and personalises his magic so it is certain to suit your wedding, corporate or private party. Corporate clients in particular should ask for further information on how this is done.
- How long is the act?1. 'CLOSE UP' MAGIC: A typical close up magic booking for almost all events is a standard 2 hours, although John routinely perform for 2.5-2.75 hours WITHOUT extra charge as 'all part of the service'. This is because the guest list may be large (which takes more time) or if the entertainment is being so well-received that guests demand more! If you have more than 40 or so guests a really good performer who is being well-received should struggle to perform adequately in just 2 hours. Unfortunately there are many inferior magicians who find it easy to finish in 2 hours (or even less). This generous time frame also helps cover for slight delays in the start time of your event. There is no 'clock watching' from John Constantine, nor will he take a 'follow on' booking necessitating a rushed or hurried performance. 2. 'STAND UP'/CABARET-STYLE MAGIC: John also offers a 'stand up' show with everyone watching together. (Close up magic is typically a series of mini-performances per table). This is offered as follows: i) 45 minute show (without any close up beforehand) or... ii) 15-30 minute show, following the 2-2.5 hours of close up magic. (You select the desired length of the stand up show)
- What type of magic do you performClose up magic. Table Magic. 'Stand up' cabaret magic. Visual & interactive magic. Metal/spoon bending. Mentalism & mind reading magic also available.
- Are you a full-time professional or is your service a part-time sideline?John Constantine is a full-time professional magician with over 20 years experience. His magic is honed by years of experience and dedication that only being a full-timer can provide. He has had a high-flying professional career in the past when he combined his magic with that occupation but he has been a full time magician now for many years. This previous career required first class communication and presentation skills and top level educational qualifications well beyond graduate level. This means you can be sure of an entertainer that is well-spoken and presented at all times and who can adapt and pitch his delivery according to any and all demographics.
- Do you do open-air acts?Sometimes - John has performed outdoors in fine weather at garden parties and at some other events in fine weather. This is 'close up' magic ('mix and mingle'), John does not offer a stage act outdoors.
Close up and table magic for
> Adult birthdays (children welcome)
> Wedding anniversaries
> Corporate events
Also offers specialised services for trade shows and product launches for corpo...