John Cargill - Classical/Solo Guitar for Weddings and Corporate Events
John Cargill is a professional and experienced musician based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Equipped with an Honours Degree in popular music, Trinity Grade 8 with Distinction in Classical guitar and an Advanced diploma in Jazz, as well as thousands of gigs under his belt at some of the countries most prestigious venues (Usher Hall, SECC), John can offer various different options for your wedding/event:
- Beautiful music to accompany you down the aisle.
- A set consisting of classical songs and beautiful renditions of popular music for your afternoon drinks reception.
- Background music for your meal/guest arrival.
Playing over 100 weddings a year, John is highly sought after due to his diverse stylistic abilities and easy to work with approach to any given situation.
Leo Hofford• July 17, 2018
John was charming, amusing and a wonderful guitarist. He liaised with me and arrived on cue. He selected the perfect pieces for the occasion and made it a very enjoyable celebration. He plays the guitar beautifully. I cannot recommend John highly enough - perfection!
Lily Sze• Aug. 25, 2019
Absolutely amazing. He was that good people were asking for his details. Response was terrific. His guitar playing really brilliant at the wedding. Really pleased with it.
- How long do you play for?Set times vary often but I usually play 2 x 45 minute sets as part of a drinks reception, and if booked for a wedding I will be there to play at any point during the ceremony.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, I will provide a full PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance and all equipment is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Not much, a small corner in a room will do!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, provided that there is ample time to arrange and rehearse
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually a ten minute break during a 2 hour set.
Example Set - 2 x 45 mins
Prelude from Cello Suite 1
All of Me
Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring
Can’t Help Falling In Love
Here, There and Everywhere
Fly Me To The Moon
Beauty and the Beast
Go the Distance
Thinking Out Loud
Lagrima / Adelita
Married Life (Pixar’s Up)