The Jim Wynn Swing Orchestra is Birmingham’s hippest 16-piece big band, specialising in authentic vintage swing music from the 1930s and 40s. Taking its inspiration from the big bands of the swing era, the Orchestra plays the classic original arrangements of Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Fletcher Henderson, Chick Webb and Count Basie amongst others. The Orchestra is a regular at swing dance events and is sure to get the joint jumpin’ !
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA provided for small - medium venues. Larger venues may require additional PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?The Orchestra is a 16-piece band. At its widest point there will need to be room for 5 seated musicians in a row, plus piano, upright bass, guitarist, drums and vocalist.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are happy to play requested tunes, provided the music is in our repertoire, or is available to purchase.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take one half hour break in between sets. This may be extended, but may incur additional costs.