Add some toe-tapping, swinging sophistication to your drinks reception, or a warm background atmosphere to your dinner.
Neon-Blue are a collective of accomplished jazz musicians based in the Southwest & London. We have over 20 years experience playing live jazz for all types of events. Many of our members were originally conservatoire-trained graduates from the Royal Academy and Guildhall and are now playing in some of the UK’s leading jazz groups.
We all love our job and want to make your event a very special and memorable occasion!!
We're relatively new to this site but do 3 - 4 gigs a week on average so I've added some reviews from bookings outside Poptop. Our clients are always happy including the first few completed jobs through here so book with confidence.
Sharon Hopkins• 3 Aug 2019
Fantastic group , we and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed the music . They were were professional and very pleasant . The live jazz really added something to the party . Would thoroughly recommend them
Janet markell• 17 Aug 2019
I booked John as a jazz duo for my mums surprise 80th birthday party, I was looking for just some gentle background music for friends & family to listen to as they enjoyed their high tea & that is exactly what I got, it added to a great atmosphere and made the party. Very professional, sounded excellent, with lots of great feedback from the guests. Highly recommend, would not hesitate to hire these guys again. Thank you, you made the afternoon perfect.
Sarah Pullen• 16 Jun 2019
All was good. They were very accommodating and played some lovely music
Filip Apartments• 5 Dec 2017
“Jazz Junction have played probably 30+ times in various venues and restaurants I managed. They are a joy to listen to and deal with. Professional throughout and the music is just divine” Filip Apartments
Krystle G• 9 Jun 2019
We booked Neon Blue last minute... literally two days before our wedding for the day and lucky for us they were free.
Encore was fantastic helping with the booking and was completely hassle free.
The band even had a keyboardist that played my requested entrance piece which was very special to me.
We had lots of positive comments from our friends and family. You could definitely see they are very experience by their professionalism. They created relaxed and friendly atmosphere for our wed...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Jazz band hire, from solo saxophone to quintet. The perfect way to add some toe-tapping, swinging sophistication to your event
- What are the highlights of your career?Our guitarist was featured on Jamie Cullum’s album 'Interlude' along side Gregory porter. He has also appeared on Jools Holland several times with various artists. Our saxophonist has received praise from jazz heavy weights such as Kenny Wheeler, Iain Ballamy and the legendry American saxophonist Bob Minster. He’s latest album was called a Millstone for himself and the saxophone world receiving 4 star reviews from: Jazzwise, Jazz Journal, The Jazz Mann, The Arts Desk and All About Jazz. A magical gig with Awale in Tunisia, supporting 2012 Grammy award winner Tinariwen. Playing with the legendry ska band The Beat along side the Happy Mondays.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Many of the musicians in Neon Blue are conservatoire trained graduates from the Royal Acadamy and Guildhall. We are all highly experienced and are currently active members of some of the UK's leading jazz groups. We all regularly preform worldwide on some of the worlds most significant stages.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?20 years experience providing live jazz for a wide variety of events including: corporate functions, drinks receptions, weddings, birthdays, house and garden parties, exhibitions and product launches.
- Who are your previous clients?We are regularly booked to preform at some of the most prestigious hotels, members’ clubs and event venues, such as The Reform Club, The RAC, the Dorchester, the Lanesborough, Sherborne Castle and The Royal Opera House. We've had residencies at the Ivy restaurant and the American Museum in Bath and have preformed for the likes of Prince Charles, Marco Pierre White, Gordon Brown and many more.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Direct transfer or cash on the day
- How long do you play for?Standards bookings are for 2 or 3 hours but this can be extended. Sets are usually 45 minutes long with 15 - 30 minute breaks. We also offer a 1 hour booking and are very flexible so happy to work around speeches or anything else that might be planned.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide all the equipment needed but don't have a lighting rig
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have 10,000,000 PLI insurance and all our equipment is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Depends on the number of musicians. Around 3m for a trio and slightly less for a duo.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We already have a huge repertoire and are learning new material all the time but are happy to consider any suggestions
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks are usually 15 - 30 minutes long but we are very flexible
Sample Repertoire list
Take five – Dave Brubeck
But Not For Me - George Gershwin
Take the A train - George Gershwin
Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
Satin Doll - Duke Ellington
Caravan – D...