Jarod Lawley is a singer and guitarist from London, England playing modern and classic hits with a vintage vibe
After teenage years spent obsessed with the sounds and the 50s and 60s, his rich baritone voice is accompanied by chilled guitar rhythms and solos.
To top it off, Jarod wears a signature pompadour and suit to bring a sophisticated edge to any venue or event.
Since beginning in January, he has performed sets across London from Canary Wharf restaurants to family pubs in south London. Jarod Lawley is now ready to bring the sounds to your event.
- Who are your previous clients?The Great Southern- London Cafe Brera- Canary Wharf Northern Soul Bar- London (weekly resident)
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 minutes, 2 x 60 minutes or 2 x 45 minutes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA for small venues
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Around 4 x 4 feet
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Sure!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Just one, some times two if it's a very long set. Around 10 minutes
My setlist consists of well known songs from the 60s through to the 80s. I also do modern hits transformed into an old school style!
I play with a vintage edge which you'll see from my genuine 1960s microphone and teddy-boy hairstyle. Most of my repertoire consists of well known soul and motown tracks. If there's enough notice I can add any requests you have to the list to! Here's a sample setlist
Peggy Lee/Willie Nelson- Fever
Soft Cell/Gloria Jones- Tainted Love
Ricky Nelson- Lonesome Town
Ben E King- Stand by Me
Amy Winehouse- Valerie
Otis Redding-My girl
Martha and the Vandellas - Heatwave
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Ain’t no Mountain High Enough
The Doors- Light My Fire
Donna Summer-Hot Stuff
Bill Withers-Ain’t no sunshine
The Animals-House of the rising sun
George Ezra- Shotgun
John Newman- Love Me Again
Etta James- I just wanna make love to you
Nina Simone- Feeling Good
Michael Jackson- Billie Jean
Ray Charles- Hit The Road Jack
Elvis-Fallin in love with you
Elvis- Always on my Mind
Tom Jones- She’s a lady
Jackson 5- I want You Back